View Poll Results: Are you willing to help us?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • WebOS is the future and I can't wait.

137 93.84%
  • I'd rather stick to Android/iOS

9 6.16%
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree258Likes
    I fail to understand why so many are dissing on the OP simply because the company does not wish to make a phone for Sprint. It seems like people simply venting their frustrations due to the lack of webOS phones for Sprint. Personally, I would be happy for the Sprint customers if new webOS hardware were to be released for Sprint, but the fact is that at the moment it seems highly unlikely that it will happen. GSM is the future and it is the standard of choice for the overwhelming majority of the world. The US does not solely make up the world and it would be stupid for any company to think so. In fact this is one of the biggest blunders that Palm made and the result is there for everyone to see. Any company looking to successfully market a webOS phone, has one choice only, i.e. to release a GSM WORLD phone, UNLOCKED and with all GSM/HSPA bands.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    cujoq37 and VasTheGreek like this.
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
    I didn't spend my time "fixing computers on a kitchen table", I created the business model for the company. The hummingbird tech isn't new and it's license by a number of companies. And that mediocre business that you described, is still the only tech repair facility that fixes Xbox 360 consoles in St. Louis.
    So the photos of you repairing PCs on what appears to be an old kitchen table that you have on your facebook page are faked in some way? Having a facebook page that is open to anyone pretty much fills in all the gaps.

I'm not knocking that as a living, I did something similar many years ago but I find that hard to reconcile with the fanciful claims you have made here or claims of having licensing arrangements with Samsung for their screen technology.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    So the photos of you repairing PCs on what appears to be an old kitchen table that you have on your facebook page are faked in some way? Having a facebook page that is open to anyone pretty much fills in all the gaps.

I'm not knocking that as a living, I did something similar many years ago but I find that hard to reconcile with the fanciful claims you have made here or claims of having licensing arrangements with Samsung for their screen technology.
    1. The Photos taken on the company's Facebook Page are real electronics fixed by real people. Which explains the grain of the photos.

2. That "old kitchen table" was a workbench.

3. IT was the first St. Louis tech company to offer the mobile payments solution Square.

4. We set a program to help retirement home attendees electronics be repaired, something no one cares about.

5. I'm sorry I'm not Kevin Rose, what more can I say.

6. Please just let the product speak for itself.
    tbc likes this.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    chris you seem to be picking and choosing what u answer give us a video and a link to ur companys website
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    1. The Photos taken on the company's Facebook Page are real electronics fixed by real people. Which explains the grain of the photos
    No those are on your own personal page, not sure why you mention the grain of the photos?

6. Please just let the product speak for itself.
    Beyond a photoshop, there is no evidence there is a product, how can it speak to itself? - hell your twitter suggests you only dreamed up the idea two days ago and that you were wondering if a local machine shop could make a special case for you.
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by minipot View Post
    chris you seem to be picking and choosing what u answer give us a video and a link to ur companys website
    I'll help you out with the websites:

<<links deleted by staff>>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/18/2012 at 10:01 PM.
    Cantaffordit likes this.
  7.    #87  
    No those are on your own personal page, not sure why you mention the grain of the photos?

Beyond a photoshop, there is no evidence there is a product, how can it speak to itself? - hell your twitter suggests you only dreamed up the idea two days ago and that you were wondering if a local machine shop could make a special case for you.
    Because getting the phone housing produced locally would give me a closer relationship to the makers of the devices housing.
  8.    #88  
    I'll help you out with the websites:

<<links deleted by staff>>
    I am the CEO and Founder of Alien, Inc. We have so much going on and we shall update the community with our progress in the near future.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/18/2012 at 10:00 PM.
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by minipot View Post
    Its just really hard to try to answer so many questions about this project. We are on XDA too, so I've been typing a lot today.
  10.    #90  

The photos from the Facebook fanpage obviously pull from my account. You can't be apart of the development of facebook without an account.

Secondly, the device has changed about 8 times now and my engineer just received a new Solidworks 2012 installation. There have been many drafts (Useful when making a product that's never been designed before, Best way to avoid litigation. And sense webOS infinges on no IP software patents were good to go.). Of course would would shop around for the best way to make the cheapest product for our consumers.
    If he says he can build phones then let him build phones.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Are u a star trek fan I mean starfleet seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
    And sense webOS infinges on no IP software patents were good to go.
    Is that right? Surely it infringes on those held by HP? webOS isn't open source yet.

Spyke
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Meanwhile, in some android forum, a 13 yr old kid and friends are laughing at everyone here.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    U mean this Chris Guy don't u
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylo View Post
    Meanwhile, in some android forum, a 13 yr old kid and friends are laughing at everyone here.
    What are they laughing at? I think most people here are pretty skeptical of this and so are asking for details. They will prove him or show him as a fraud.
    I think we are all skeptical, and probably for good reason...
    On the off-chance that Chris Williams may be doing what he says, I would suggest that those of us who are skeptical (which includes me) hold their peace, and those of us who are hopeful (also includes me) offer their feedback as he has requested--without bashing him and his presented information.

It will become clear in due time whether this is real or a sham. In the meantime, we can act up to the standards that define us as a tight-knit community who support each other and our webOS devices.

Hopefully this endeavor amounts to something. If not, at least we will have a more clear vision of what we want to see in a future webOS phone--which will mean less time spent on such research in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by treodoc755 View Post
    On the off-chance that Chris Williams may be doing what he says, I would suggest that those of us who are skeptical (which includes me) hold their peace, and those of us who are hopeful (also includes me) offer their feedback as he has requested--without bashing him and his presented information.

It will become clear in due time whether this is real or a sham. In the meantime, we can act up to the standards that define us as a tight-knit community who support each other and our webOS devices.

Hopefully this endeavor amounts to something. If not, at least we will have a more clear vision of what we want to see in a future webOS phone--which will mean less time spent on such research in the future.

Yep. If he wants to try let him try. I dont know which is worse this or the guy with the for speed video back in the day. Never seen so much rotten eggs in my life.
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I think we are all skeptical, and probably for good reason...
    Me and my team want to do this for people who just love good devices.

What the world doesn't realize is that there are people out there that care that much about webOS. The open sourcing of webOS is good and bad at the same time. Yes, a new platform is released, but without some compelling hardware and a focus, there will only be more Android phones sold to"play" on webOS. Hell, even the tech blogs are saying, "Take these features from WebOS and implement them into your platform", completely miscuing the point of why we love the OS so much.

We are the resistance.
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast