View Poll Results: Are you willing to help us?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • WebOS is the future and I can't wait.

137 93.84%
  • I'd rather stick to Android/iOS

9 6.16%
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree258Likes
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by minipot View Post
    Did he say an Tegra 2/3 tablet on webos cool!!!! Chris reply give us a video I'm backing u up here give us a glimpse a bit of proof reply u have my support but ur losing g it
    Give us some time and I think you will really like the direction where going on. All I ask is that you bear with us. There are plenty of Tegra based devices available on the market today, and we think its a good stepping stone. We understand the impact our project has on lovers of webOS. But, the system has to evolve so its utility can as well. We have to be ableand willing to make some mistakes to get to this achievement.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by JetUni View Post
    I'll wait for a device that runs Open webOS! Instead of spending all this time with whatever version/make of webOS you're supposedly running on this mystery phone we can't have a video of, why not help HP to implement some of these things straight into Open webOS? I thought that was the whole point of them going open source...

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    And more importantly, Open Source is great as long as you don't curate development. I have friends that pirate Android apps that they find have the most utility. I have even done the same. Non-vetting markets will always have that affect on people. Platforms that generate revenue = usually not open. You can chalk Android fame up to device market spam, and yet Android devices are still mostly terrible.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    We have 5 phones on our account, all smart phone data plans. The next nearest plan on another carrier is around $100 a month more, considering not as good employee discounts, the data we use (unlimited on Sprint), etc. Furthermore, we get great reception on Sprint, never a problem, all over the city or in my home.

So I guess I can ignore your overtures for now, you and your plan have become irrelevant to me. This is not to say I don't encourage your development, but you won't be working in a space that can help me nor will I ever be able to contribute with testing, prototypes, etc. I suspect some other Sprint users might agree.
    We don't want to make plans for a carrier that's losing subscribers left and right. GSM greatly outweighs the other options. I agree, Sprint is good at being cheap.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by JetUni View Post
    I'll wait for a device that runs Open webOS! Instead of spending all this time with whatever version/make of webOS you're supposedly running on this mystery phone we can't have a video of, why not help HP to implement some of these things straight into Open webOS? I thought that was the whole point of them going open source...

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Also, some of us were working on designing products before HP announced the Opening webOS. It's not like the hardware concern popped up overnight.
    I will be watching this. Skeptical though. Either your honest or just feed on peoples false hopes. Just post a video and most skepticism will go away.

Hardware wise... I really like the pre 2 I just got. I like the form factor. I don't mind not so thin phones, and I really want a physical keyboard and I love the gesture area. A 4.5 inch phone is a little big for my taste. Also, I wont pay more than $200 for a phone.

WebOS wise... I am new to webOs as I just got a pre 2. I don't have much to say besides first impressions. Its easy to use. I like how open it is. I don't even have it activated yet and I feel like I don't need to.
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjames888 View Post
    I will be watching this. Skeptical though. Either your honest or just feed on peoples false hopes. Just post a video and most skepticism will go away.

Hardware wise... I really like the pre 2 I just got. I like the form factor. I don't mind not so thin phones, and I really want a physical keyboard and I love the gesture area. A 4.5 inch phone is a little big for my taste. Also, I wont pay more than $200 for a phone.

WebOS wise... I am new to webOs as I just got a pre 2. I don't have much to say besides first impressions. Its easy to use. I like how open it is. I don't even have it activated yet and I feel like I don't need to.
    I beg of you to set you skepticism aside. I am the human representation of the wants and needs for a third viable option. I will get information delivered to you as soon as it's available. We have major plans for the keyboard that are better implemented with a strong software backing.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
    I beg of you to set you skepticism aside.
    Yet you won't post a video?

Spyke
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    We don't want to make plans for a carrier that's losing subscribers left and right. GSM greatly outweighs the other options. I agree, Sprint is good at being cheap.
    I find you very condescending and rude. You plan to attract support with your behavior?

I can tell you that one of the most pleasant aspects being involved with Palm before and after webOS was the general professionalism, politeness, teamwork and support of the community. You do not seem to represent any of that with the way you have presented yourself.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    As much as I like sprint I would say its a mistake to build a phone for sprint. I'm sure that sprint is convinced that webOS will never sell and they are looking for quick bucks. I read in the WSJ that they paid apple an hefty price to carry the iphone and the board is still not happy.

If the mighty hp couldn't convince them to carry webOS phones, how will anyone else? Best he could do is make a phone that has the right internals to make something like a franken pre possible
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I find you very condescending and rude. You plan to attract support with your behavior?

I can tell you that one of the most pleasant aspects being involved with Palm before and after webOS was the general professionalism, politeness, teamwork and support of the community. You do not seem to represent any of that with the way you have presented yourself.
    Sprint and Palm do not correlate. And If you didn't notice, It was Sprint that gave up on us WebOS Users in the first place. I guarantee they will not want any part of this movement. Sprint doesn't make Palm or the WebOS community we do.

I'm sorry that there are no Sprint plans. CDMA in a world of GSM is just not feasibly in our best interest or the community. Keep in mind, you can use Pre-paid on any GSM carrier as well. It's just a better strategy.
    Last edited by chris3illiams; 03/18/2012 at 04:21 AM.
    You do realize the largest carrier in the US is also CDMA. That makes two of the three largest, and US Cellular is pretty big too. Must not be too bad.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Sprint has been adding customer each and every quarter for quite some time now. T-mobile(GSM) is the one hemorrhaging customers left and right. Just last month they had a net loss of 800,000 contract customers and the bleeding has been going on for a year a half. Sprint had a net add of 519,000 contract customers last quarter. You can give an excuse for CDMA and not liking Sprint but your facts are incorrect.
    Last edited by kalel33; 03/18/2012 at 02:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    US Cellular is pretty big too. Must not be too bad.
    US Cellular has 6.1 million customers. I would never use the words "pretty big" to describe that small of a carrier. Metro PCS has many more customers than they do and they are also very small.
    chris3illiams likes this.
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    Sprint has been adding customer each and every quarter for quite some time now. T-mobile(GSM) is the one hemorrhaging customers left and right. Just last month they had a net loss of 800,000 contract customers and the bleeding has been going on for a year a half. Sprint had a net add of 519,000 contract customers last quarter. You can give an excuse for CDMA and not liking Sprint but your facts are incorrect.
    Regardless of how many customers Sprint is gaining, the network just doesn't support that many users. The argument for Verizon I addressed, but Sprint is a third tier carrier for a reason. Also, the radios for CDMA is the number one reason. We have to have something that everyone can use without a PCS Provisioned Account. This way any and everyone can use the device.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    When will this be out in uk because as a learning Dev with only an origanal pre with touchscreen problems.

I think Ill be wanting one of these!!!
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    You guys are so gullible it's unbelievable.

Even 15 minutes on google tells you that a guy who is spending his team repairing PCs off what appears to be an old kitchen table (and a living is a living so I'm not knocking that) in the back of his house is not going to be able to finance this or have the licensing deals he claims.
    sledge007 and benklop like this.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    And yet if u search syscom LLC. It comes up with a relativley medium sized company
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hey Chris does ur new company have a website? If so please give us s link
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post

Even 15 minutes on google tells you that a guy who is spending his team repairing PCs off what appears to be an old kitchen table (and a living is a living so I'm not knocking that) in the back of his house is not going to be able to finance this or have the licensing deals he claims.
    I didn't spend my time "fixing computers on a kitchen table", I created the business model for the company. The hummingbird tech isn't new and it's license by a number of companies. And that mediocre business that you described, is still the only tech repair facility that fixes Xbox 360 consoles in St. Louis.
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post

All we want to do is something new and cool. Nothing more and nothing less. Hopefully, whatever background you assume I have, doesn't get in the way of making an amazing product.
    cujoq37 and tbc like this.
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast