View Poll Results: Are you willing to help us?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • WebOS is the future and I can't wait.

137 93.84%
  • I'd rather stick to Android/iOS

9 6.16%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree258Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Know how we can be reasonably certain that you're just stringing this along for god only knows what reason? No one in a professional capacity trash talks a carrier. Especially not the carrier with the second largest network consistingly mostly of their own capacity - ATT's network is a patchwork mess of hundreds of smaller carriers that former Cingular absorbed.

Also, Sprint is -the- place for up and coming hardware manufacturers. HTC didn't become a well known phone manufacturer because they produced T-Mobile junk, they became a well known manufacturer because they produced Sprint equipment. Had the relationship between Palm and Sprint not become so farked up back in 2009, we might be in a vastly different situation as webOS users, than we are now, too.
    Its easy to trash talk a carrier who has 4G literally 3 block infront of my home, but in my actual home I have no signal. Also, that EVO that I owned, the reason I'm not on Sprint any longer is because their new terms and agreement changes that instantly turned the data that I barely received into "roaming" and got me kicked from the network.

Also, how well are those third party manufactured Sprint phones selling these days? Kyocera and Sanyo in the house? Thats why Sprint carries the reputation it has earned.
    When they added stacks they took away the minicards so that now there is no easy way to get a look at the "big picture". Please bring back the minicards, too much scrolling if one happens to have more than a few cards open
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
    We gave it a nice Stainless Steel and Carbon Fiber body and we really think its an awesome phone
    How much is this phone going to run? The reason I ask is because there is only one smartphone in the world right now with a carbon fiber body and it's $3500. Carbon fiber would make this phone way over the price range of any other smartphone.
    Sprint is very important. If I were to switch to verizon it would cost $120 for what I pay sprint $69. I suspect that that will change eventually because they are under a lot of pressure to be profitable. But for now I am not going anywhere
    Sprint's top selling equipment these days are HTCs. With Samsung heading over there, the only thing stopping them from being the largest carrier, is that Verizon has thousands of cell sites that no one will ever be able to build on again thanks to the "NO CELL TOWER IN MY BACKYARD" mentality that popped up back when Sprint and VoiceStream started building their networks.

Irrelevant to what we think of Sprint, though, as I said, I think we have every right to be completely skeptical of anything said until something is demonstrated. I'd be happy with a new webOS 2 phone, frankly, all the other stuff can be added in short time. But Open webOS will likely be a major upgrade from webOS 3, I'm not even sure if something that could run webOS 2 or 3 is any particular guarantee that it will run Open webOS.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    HTC didn't become a well known phone manufacturer because they produced T-Mobile junk.
    What T-mobile junk? The only junk HTC phone that was ever on T-mobile was the HD2 but that was Windows 6.5's problem, not the hardware. Put Android on it and it runs great. The Evo was just an HD2 with Android and Wimax on it.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Sprint is very important. If I were to switch to verizon it would cost $120 for what I pay sprint $69. I suspect that that will change eventually because they are under a lot of pressure to be profitable. But for now I am not going anywhere
    If Sprint is finding a way to build new networking Infrastructure, somebody will have to pay for it and it won't be Hesse.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    What T-mobile junk? The only junk HTC phone that was ever on T-mobile was the HD2 but that was Windows 6.5's problem, not the hardware. Put Android on it and it runs great. The Evo was just an HD2 with Android and Wimax on it.
    Agreed crap on crap. Have you seen the terrible quality of HTC cams? We have to stop this.
    Its easy to trash talk a carrier who has 4G literally 3 block infront of my home, but in my actual home I have no signal. Also, that EVO that I owned, the reason I'm not on Sprint any longer is because their new terms and agreement changes that instantly turned the data that I barely received into "roaming" and got me kicked from the network.

Also, how well are those third party manufactured Sprint phones selling these days? Kyocera and Sanyo in the house? Thats why Sprint carries the reputation it has earned.
    This is true about sprint. My daughter was living in mobile and didn't know she was roaming all the time on Verizon's network and they sent us a letter saying that we were paying them $69 per month but they were paying Verizon $3000 so we had to go. Thank god she moved back to miami
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    That was part of my point.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  11.    #51  
    Know how we can be reasonably certain that you're just stringing this along for god only knows what reason? No one in a professional capacity trash talks a carrier. Especially not the carrier with the second largest network consistingly mostly of their own capacity - ATT's network is a patchwork mess of hundreds of smaller carriers that former Cingular absorbed.

Also, Sprint is -the- place for up and coming hardware manufacturers. HTC didn't become a well known phone manufacturer because they produced T-Mobile junk, they became a well known manufacturer because they produced Sprint equipment. Had the relationship between Palm and Sprint not become so farked up back in 2009, we might be in a vastly different situation as webOS users, than we are now, too.
    And actually, the long, like very long term goal when I say no GSM carrier, is a platform so strong we can build on top of just Wifi. Keep in mind while every carrier is playing "the bands" race (LTE vs. Advanced LTE vs. TD-LTE vs Wimax vs HSDPA+ etc.) I would rather focus on city-wide standard networks going into the future. A platform cannot survive without standardization. Wifi unites us all, we outweigh the carrier.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    This is true about sprint. My daughter was living in mobile and didn't know she was roaming all the time on Verizon's network and they sent us a letter saying that we were paying them $69 per month but they were paying Verizon $3000 so we had to go. Thank god she moved back to miami
    And more importantly whos to say the "we are running out of bandwidth" statements are true. We still have yet to see any circumstantial evidence that proves the carriers are even struggling. Have you noticed how the price of data has tripled but phone calls have yet to improve? Especially, since its a phone. There are no reasons standard text messages aren't free, other than another gouge point for profit. We make open phones and devices that have support, then we take it to the next level.
    And actually, the long, like very long term goal when I say no GSM carrier, is a platform so strong we can build on top of just Wifi. Keep in mind while every carrier is playing "the bands" race (LTE vs. Advanced LTE vs. TD-LTE vs Wimax vs HSDPA+ etc.) I would rather focus on city-wide standard networks going into the future. A platform cannot survive without standardization. Wifi unites us all, we outweigh the carrier.
    ... I do believe the topic was a telephone device, however. Also, Wifi seems to be drying up in places.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    What's the name of ur company now Chris I confirm syscom exists and does seem to be being gobbled up but what into. time till it comes out? In UK?
    I'll wait for a device that runs Open webOS! Instead of spending all this time with whatever version/make of webOS you're supposedly running on this mystery phone we can't have a video of, why not help HP to implement some of these things straight into Open webOS? I thought that was the whole point of them going open source...

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    fxspec06 likes this.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Did he say an Tegra 2/3 tablet on webos cool!!!! Chris reply give us a video I'm backing u up here give us a glimpse a bit of proof reply u have my support but ur losing g it
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I would be happy to test prototypes
    chris3illiams likes this.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Our Devices won't run on terrible networks such as Sprint (I know I had an EVO and no bars in my home). They will be sold Unlocked to any GSM carrier. Maybe some Verizon plans may come through eventually. But we are focusing on GSM. And hopefully for not to long because we have a long term goal and it doesn't require GSM at all.
    We have 5 phones on our account, all smart phone data plans. The next nearest plan on another carrier is around $100 a month more, considering not as good employee discounts, the data we use (unlimited on Sprint), etc. Furthermore, we get great reception on Sprint, never a problem, all over the city or in my home.

So I guess I can ignore your overtures for now, you and your plan have become irrelevant to me. This is not to say I don't encourage your development, but you won't be working in a space that can help me nor will I ever be able to contribute with testing, prototypes, etc. I suspect some other Sprint users might agree.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by minipot View Post
    What's the name of ur company now Chris I confirm syscom exists and does seem to be being gobbled up but what into. time till it comes out? In UK?
    I think we are going with the name Alien, Inc. We began making an electronics repair facility for people who wanted their electronics fixed in a timely fashion. Then, I start realizing everyone who's product never really functioned 100%. Android users suffer from random reboots and incompatible apps, iOS users suffer from the "garden" and now Windows users are being greated with a original uninspiring tablet UI. The UK is where the best data is (relating to GSM carrier) so that's a very close 2nd target.

Given the webOS roadmap, we have assumed that the OS shall take many different forms before we get down to brass tacks. But, gaining knowledge of the operating environment and how it will be updated is something we need to pay close attention to. The jump on webOS = an easier framework to work with.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by JetUni View Post
    I'll wait for a device that runs Open webOS! Instead of spending all this time with whatever version/make of webOS you're supposedly running on this mystery phone we can't have a video of, why not help HP to implement some of these things straight into Open webOS? I thought that was the whole point of them going open source...

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Thanks for your replies. You will be waiting for some time, Look how the "openness" of Android worked out for the consumer AND the carrier. Any other manufacture that makes this phone is going to make the exact same problem Jon created... no vision for how this system unifies and functions. You would rather have a crap device with no ear incentive to keep you on the platform?

HP spent to much time shuffling chairs to care about webOS users before the roadmap, that won't change since there is no clear business model around the handsets.
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast