View Poll Results: Are you willing to help us?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • WebOS is the future and I can't wait.

137 93.84%
  • I'd rather stick to Android/iOS

9 6.16%
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree258Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
    I get it everyone hates me. But I believe my product is worth more that all of their human lives combined. I feel the need to defend "Eden". It's the most important thing happening in my life right now.

Its really hard answering questions of people who don't really understand how anything works.
    Two tips, on the house:

1) Stop insulting those who question you. It only makes you look desperate and raises questions about the legitimacy of your claims.

2) If people don't understand, you should probably consider explaining what it is that isn't understood. Also, see tip #1.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    I get it everyone hates me. But I believe my product is worth more that all of their human lives combined. I feel the need to defend "Eden". It's the most important thing happening in my life right now.

Its really hard answering questions of people who don't really understand how anything works.
    No one on here hates you, it's not personal. Just leave things as they are now, get to work, and come back when you have something that is properly representative of what your vision is. You do that, and you'll get a completely different reception than you're getting now.
  3.    #283  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Two tips, on the house:

1) Stop insulting those who question you. It only makes you look desperate and raises questions about the legitimacy of your claims.

2) If people don't understand, you should probably consider explaining what it is that isn't understood. Also, see tip #1.
    Two Points

1. Its not meant for me to sound desperate, but for me to remind you I believe you are beneath me.

2. Not everything is meant for you to understand, you are a consumer so you should focus on consuming.
    Last edited by chris3illiams; 03/23/2012 at 08:59 PM.
  4.    #284  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
    No one on here hates you, it's not personal. Just leave things as they are now, get to work, and come back when you have something that is properly representative of what your vision is. You do that, and you'll get a completely different reception than you're getting now.
    I just need time with the kernel. I beg for some time.
    I just need time with the kernel. I beg for some time.
    Take the time. Get your stuff figured out, get it up and running, then come back and make everyone eat their words. This thread will still be here.
    Two Points

1. Its not meant for me to be desperate, but you remind you I believe you are beneath me.

2. Not everything is meant for you to understand, you are a consumer so you should focus on consuming.
    Wow. Just, wow. Here I am asking you to explain to me your plan, your vagueness, and your fabrications, and all you can do is attempt to insult me.

Also, you should probably start taking into consideration that in addition to running the webOS Nation blog, I also run this forum.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Tell me what you think of "Lisa". We are still getting the back design just right.
    A Few Working Movies (Shot on my wife's 4 inch Samsung Reference)
    And more obviously, I didn't say this is webOS running natively on non supported hardware.
    To make sure we are crystal clear, did you post this message as a response to the message from myself immediately before it containing two options for a professional path forward?

In particular, is this your sole and complete response to "real unedited video of operation of the device in a real-life setting" ?

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 03/23/2012 at 09:08 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    Thank you for the condescending non-answer. Want to try that again?
    Is this a new game? I'll take "Don't taze me, bro!" for a thousand, Alex!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Two Points

1. Its not meant for me to sound desperate, but for me to remind you I believe you are beneath me.

Bad news for you. Because of the attitude and disrespect you've shown members of this community, even if you were to magically get a device working, you have lost me as a customer. I will never be found "consuming" your products.
    Cantaffordit likes this.
  10.    #290  
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    Bad news for you. Because of the attitude and disrespect you've shown members of this community, even if you were to magically get a device working, you have lost me as a customer. I will never be found "consuming" your products.
    Thanks Derek.
  11.    #291  
    Wow. Just, wow. Here I am asking you to explain to me your plan, your vagueness, and your fabrications, and all you can do is attempt to insult me.

Also, you should probably start taking into consideration that in addition to running the webOS Nation blog, I also run this forum.
    Whatever man, just wait until you get the product.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Thanks Derek.
    Derek has nothing to do with it. You should've taken everyone's advice and quit while you were ahead.
    Cantaffordit and treodoc755 like this.
    Thanks Derek.
    Come on, man. Stop messing around with all our webOS emotions. If you have something, prove it, make our year! This ailing community hasn't seen any good real news in years.. So stop with the pitch black screenshots of a ridiculous website and show us some merit behind your statements!
  14.    #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by i2y4n View Post
    Derek has nothing to do with it. You should've taken everyone's advice and quit while you were ahead.
    I'm not ran on a democracy. I won't have my life to be made into some joke.
  15.    #295  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Come on, man. Stop messing around with all our webOS emotions. If you have something, prove it, make our year! This ailing community hasn't seen any good real news in years.. So stop with the pitch black screenshots of a ridiculous website and show us some merit behind your statements!
    Just give me some time with the kernel. I promise we can deliver.
    Just give me some time with the kernel. I promise we can deliver.
    That's great. In the meantime, let's try being honest and transparent, shall we?
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    From Twitter: (https://twitter.com/chris3illiams/st...315783098368):

"@webosinternals I would like to get in contact with Rod Whitby about a project my team is working on."

Mr Williams,

You had a chance to gain my attention at post #245 in this thread (We are carrying WebOS into the future.).

I have not yet seen a professional and satisfactory response to that post.

When you are able to provide such a response, then I will be happy to have a discussion about your project.

I wish you well in your future endeavours.

-- Rod Whitby
    -- WebOS Internals
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    HelloNNNewman and bevcraw like this.
  18.    #298  
    That's great. In the meantime, let's try being honest and transparent, shall we?
    I never said we didn't need time with the kernel, if theres anything I've only talked about the kernel. The hardware has been chosen for some time now, its the kernel that we spend day and night on. I stated September 2012, so I assumed people would want to see a working devices by September 2012.
  19.    #299  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    From Twitter: (https://twitter.com/chris3illiams/st...315783098368):

"@webosinternals I would like to get in contact with Rod Whitby about a project my team is working on."

Mr Williams,

You had a chance to gain my attention at post #245 in this thread (We are carrying WebOS into the future.).

I have not yet seen a professional and satisfactory response to that post.

When you are able to provide such a response, then I will be happy to have a discussion about your project.

I wish you well in your future endeavours.

-- Rod Whitby
    -- WebOS Internals
    That's better than no. You will be hearing from us very soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterdev View Post
    Parts to make phone:

-paper clip, check.
    -Elmer's glue, check.
    -paper mache, check.
    -construction paper, check.
    -crayola crayons, check.

Don't get me wrong. I support your cause, but I just need proof. I will even help, free of charge.

Peterdev
    Isn't this how the original sprint pre was made?

;-)