View Poll Results: Are you willing to help us?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • WebOS is the future and I can't wait.

137 93.84%
  • I'd rather stick to Android/iOS

9 6.16%
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree258Likes
  1.    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Because it proves that you and your claims are legitimate. You didn't post that video as a "here's what it will look like" video, you posted it with no context, so of course our assumption would be that this is working. In fact, i was giving you the benefit of the doubt until I saw the CDMA-specific 1x radio icon.
    The reference platform is a device that turns on a functions 100%. As long as the bootloader in device is functioning it is a working device. I will post a video of the bootloader not correcting responding to the SDK if that will make you happy.

I'm not responsible for you making a mistake of assumptions, When you assume you.......I think you know the rest.

The reference platform is no more than a motherboard, a battery, some glass and a housing. The software is obviously the leap and our advantage.
  2.    #262  
    Then what the hell was "A Few Working Movies" supposed to imply?
    Proof that we can make the hardware compelling is what we really need. The standard Linux Kernel shall be what carries us to the finish line, and luckily I got the right people on the job. Showing how the device functions with the reference platform is supposed to give you a clear idea of the device that will be available for everyone. Its affordable, great running hardware and when we get the software right we will have a compelling argument.

Is that hard to understand?
  3.    #263  
    Then what the hell was "A Few Working Movies" supposed to imply?
    You should make another helpful wishlist.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
    The reference platform is a device that turns on a functions 100%. As long as the bootloader in device is functioning it is a working device. I will post a video of the bootloader not correcting responding to the SDK if that will make you happy.

I'm not responsible for you making a mistake of assumptions, When you assume you.......I think you know the rest.

The reference platform is no more than a motherboard, a battery, some glass and a housing. The software is obviously the leap and our advantage.

Yes, let's see a video of you doing something with the reference platform. Show us anything you have that's actually working, show us something that isn't working. Let's see YOU holding it, and doing whatever it is that it can currently do.
    arthurthornton likes this.
    Proof that we can make the hardware compelling is what we really need. The standard Linux Kernel shall be what carries us to the finish line, and luckily I got the right people on the job. Showing how the device functions with the reference platform is supposed to give you a clear idea of the device that will be available for everyone. Its affordable, great running hardware and when we get the software right we will have a compelling argument.

Is that hard to understand?
    It's hard to understand when you didn't show me how the device functions.

You should make another helpful wishlist.
    That's almost as helpful as showing me a year-old screenshot in the dark.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    arthurthornton likes this.
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    @ OP
    I do not trust the video.

Post a clear video of the Samsung infuse booting on webOS first. Then open the browser then go to www.webosnation.com Tap on the link Derek posted about making webOS phones, then swipe back to the home page.

Doesn't matter even it crashes , just post a clear video.

And finally what do you want from the community other than asking for feature list ?
  7.    #267  
    It's hard to understand when you didn't show me how the device functions.

That's almost as helpful as showing me a year-old screenshot in the dark.
    I realize being writing useless post here serves no purpose for anyone. I'm very sorry and I can't change that too. But what I can do is stay true to myself and make the phone that me and my team want to use. Hopefully you can dig it, but if not who cares.
    In your first post you said "l have created a webOS device". If you can't run webOS on your device then it's not a webOS device yet. If you can, let's see the video. If you want ideas for features to include, there's already a perfectly good webOS wishlist thread. Maybe you should just come back when you have achieved something.
    Additional question: Your reference design is the Samsung Infuse, which uses the Samsung Exynos C110 processor. How would you acquire this processor, considering that is made by Samsung and only used in Samsung devices?
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    All right Chris,
    This is going back and forth between you and the rest. Part of ( the right side) of my brain is hoping that you are on to something. But my other part of the brain , the left side wants more proof.

Please post a video, that light rays from the video will reach my eye then go to the brain, there will be some equilibrium inside , yes the left will agree with right or vice verse.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    The vague promises are strong with this one - trust the force...of skepticism. If it were something concrete, they'd be shouting a lot louder, and defensive a lot less.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    All right Chris,
    This is going back and forth between you and the rest. Part of ( the right side) of my brain is hoping that you are on to something. But my other part of the brain , the left side wants more proof.

Please post a video, that light rays from the video will reach my eye then go to the brain, there will be some equilibrium inside , yes the left will agree with right or vice verse.
    Nothing would make me happier right now than to see a video of a functional device. I'd love to be wrong, but I've yet to see anything that gives me any hope that I am.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    fxspec06 likes this.
    LOLOL Funniest thread in a loooooong time!

BTW... My company has been working on putting webOS on some incredible computers for next to nothing. Laptops especially! I can't talk specifics because the hardware is still super-secret, but we call it Vera. Here's a picture I took of it sitting on my knee. Sorry it's so dark, but it's still in super-secret-probation Double Alpha stage and our competitors are chomping at the bit to get a peek.

I also have a prototype that works on my printer and on the jumbotron in Times Square. I can show you pictures of those, but they won't be of "live" webOS screen-shots because that would be illegal until it is fully open-sourced. True story.
    Garrett92C, fxspec06 and renater like this.
  14. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post

BTW... My company has been working on putting webOS on some incredible computers for next to nothing. Laptops especially! I can't talk specifics because the hardware is still super-secret, but we call it Vera. Here's a picture I took of it sitting on my knee. Sorry it's so dark, but it's still in super-secret-probation Double Alpha stage and our competitors are chomping at the bit to get a peek.

Click to view quoted image

I also have a prototype that works on my printer and on the jumbotron in Times Square. I can show you pictures of those, but they won't be of "live" webOS screen-shots because that would be illegal until it is fully open-sourced. True story.
    Okay all,
    I ported webOS on my Roomba.
    I will post few screenshots when it starts cleaning the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Heh. Reminds me of the guy who was porting Halo to webOS...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    This is exactly why you write non-news post and you don't run a technology company.
    Thank you for the condescending non-answer. Want to try that again?
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  17. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Nothing would make me happier right now than to see a video of a functional device. I'd love to be wrong, but I've yet to see anything that gives me any hope that I am.
    Yes, everyone of us would love to see something even if it crashes. I was thinking about the motive behind this. If it is genuine then he would post a video. If it is a secret project then he would not come here to post. The feature wish list has been discussed to death here and other websites. There is no reason to start another thread asking for feature wish list.
    This is exactly why you write non-news post and you don't run a technology company.
    Chris, I think that with what has happened here tonight, until you show us something that supports ANY of your claims you have pretty much lost all credibility. Why not stop while you still at least have your dignity?
    fxspec06 and Cantaffordit like this.
    I post and contribute here on my own since 2009. I thought I was doing something useful... passing out popcorn for the show. I'm certainly not going to divulge anything about my company's project until I watch you test the waters and guide us in our businesses. Geez... I'm not competing directly with you... My webOS devices are completely different. We'd only be competitors if you started working with Jumbotrons 'n stuff.
    fxspec06, eggroks, johncc and 1 others like this.
    No one hates you at all... we'd all love to embrace you, but you keep promising candy but only showing us a wrapper you printed out.