View Poll Results: Are you willing to help us?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • WebOS is the future and I can't wait.

    137 93.84%
  • I'd rather stick to Android/iOS

    9 6.16%
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 378
Like Tree258Likes
  1. #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    The dude is asking for input on a cellular device he is claiming to be constructing.
    Maybe Christopher is truthful or may not. It doesn't affect me either way as i'm on Sprint.

    That said, people, generally speaking, are bound to be skeptical for a very good reason. It's not cause they hate the guy or don't want it to be true. And let's be clear, They are bound to be skeptical because he did more then ask for input. He said "i made a webos device." That's the big thing. He declared he made a device then didn't show much in the way of verifiable proof.

    If you say that here and it's the first sentence and don't expect people to request proof you're naive. And you're bringing it to a webos forum as "news"; "I have awesome news.... I have created a webos device." Not just any device. A "webos device." So that means webos is on it. And then there are 13 pages of postings with scant evidence well you have to expect further inquiry. A video could have been taken. The whole business approach thing aside. If you say that as the first sentence you're naive to think people won't want proof of that "news."

    I personally don't have an opinion on the merits one way or another. Maybe it's true. Maybe it isn't. I'm not on GSM so it doesn't affect me so good luck to him. But as to the specific point of there being naysayers he did MUCH more then simply ask for opinions. And it's not like there are not threads already stating what people want in a phone. http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...-features.html I found that without even doing a web search. there are Derek's many wishlist postings and honestly seems to me most people know the big things webos needs.

    Side note: My favorite Christopher Williams song:
    "Don't wake me, I'm dreaming
    Don't wake me, I'm dreaming"
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  2. #242  
    I couldn't agree more. I was one of first ones asking for proof BECAUSE of the first sentence in the first post.

    I have awesome news community of webOS users. My name is Christopher Williams, and I have created a webOS device from the reference design of the Samsung Infuse 4G.
    Not "I'm thinking about making a phone", or "What are people's wants and needs in a new webOS phone".

    If you're going to be so bold as to say that you've made a prototype phone, (ie not designs, or ideas but a prototype), and NOBODY on this site has even heard of him prior to this posting, OF COURSE there will be skepticism.

    Skirting around the questions that people are asking, and only answering selective questions only puts you further in the hole.....and I do get that there needs to be a certain amount of secrecy, and that limited information is available, but you have to "throw us a bone". We're not asking for an hour demonstation, just something else to go on than your word, which really doesn't amount to a whole lot because nobody knows who you are.


    I don't think that's asking too much given the circumstances,
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    bevcraw likes this.
  3. #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
    I have awesome news community of webOS users. My name is Christopher Williams, and I have created a webOS device from the reference design of the Samsung Infuse 4G. My company, wants to take webOS and add everything missing from the fantastic OS it started as. This phone would be 4.5" SAMOLED, 1.2GHZ Hummingbird, and 8MP camera. I have made a few prototypes and also a laptop is on the way as well.
    Regardless of what anyone thinks of the capabilities or merits of the person/company behind this post, one of two things needs to happen:

    1) The poster provides evidence (real unedited video of operation of the device in a real-life setting, not screenshots or renders) of the existence of the stated items.

    or

    2) The poster withdraws the statements "I have created a weebOS device" and "I have made a few prototypes".


    To do other than one of those two things is either a cruel tease (if the device does exist) or a cruel joke (if the device does not exist), either of which is at the expense of the webOS community to which the poster purports to be part of.

    The poster should address this immediately, or cease to post further (as further posts without addressing the above matter will only result in further contentious community-splitting arguments).

    OP, the ball is in your court.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    cujoq37, johncc, ANTAEUZ and 3 others like this.
  4.    #244  
    Tell me what you think of "Lisa". We are still getting the back design just right.


    A Few Working Movies (Shot on my wife's 4 inch Samsung Reference)
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7671958/Eden...3-18-19-15.mp4
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7671958/Eden...3-18-19-53.mp4
    Attached Images Attached Images
  5.    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
    Tell me what you think of "Lisa". We are still getting the back design just right.


    A Few Working Movies (Shot on my wife's 4 inch Samsung Reference)
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7671958/Eden...3-18-19-15.mp4
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7671958/Eden...3-18-19-53.mp4
    Those knees also belong to me, I don't know if that helps.
  6.    #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
    Those knees also belong to me, I don't know if that helps.
    Also, When we are done with "Lisa". We have "Lara" (In the Movie) and "Lana" as well.

    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7671958/Eden...3-19-14-25.mp4
  7. #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
    Also, When we are done with "Lisa". We have "Lara" (In the Movie) and "Lana" as well.

    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7671958/Eden...3-19-14-25.mp4
    Dude, come on - turn on the light or something, spin it around, show us at least a couple screens -even if it means we see some funky crashes or stuff that isn't quite there yet. This is your big chance to get the whole community behind you - go for it like you want it...
  8. #248  
    So you have static screens on a bright screen in a darkened room, plus a video of a device turned off and just sitting there. That's great.

    Question for you: why are you showing me this screenshot? http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...emp-0jpg-3.jpg
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    HelloNNNewman and benklop like this.
  9.    #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    So you have static screens on a bright screen in a darkened room, plus a video of a device turned off and just sitting there. That's great.

    Question for you: why are you showing me this screenshot? Recent image by mickey12gauge on Photobucket
    The devices kernel has to be able to function properly and there is still a couple of details left to iron out. We need to finalize the device and build our system up from the ground up. All webOS users will have to wait until we can get the device functioning. I want you to be able to buy it shortly after its revealed. Have some patience.
  10.    #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    So you have static screens on a bright screen in a darkened room, plus a video of a device turned off and just sitting there. That's great.

    Question for you: why are you showing me this screenshot? Recent image by mickey12gauge on Photobucket
    We need to get everything figured out from the ground up and to do so we have to go through many many trials. We have a good design and an awesome device and all we need now is the proper kernel to really do some cool new things.
  11.    #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
    Dude, come on - turn on the light or something, spin it around, show us at least a couple screens -even if it means we see some funky crashes or stuff that isn't quite there yet. This is your big chance to get the whole community behind you - go for it like you want it...
    And more importantly, I was desperately warned against showing you anything so I'm lucky to have any thing to show you at all.
  12. #252  
    None of what you just said is an answer for why you just tried to deceive this forum and community with blatantly fraudulent video.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  13. #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
    The devices kernel has to be able to function properly and there is still a couple of details left to iron out.
    No problem - we understand it's maybe not even in Alpha yet - a lot of us have tested things in progress before, a lot of us have played around with early Cyanogenmod and stuff like that - we will understand if stuff is screwy and crashes ugly.

    Come on man, this is probably your last shot to salvage this situation...
  14.    #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    None of what you just said is an answer for why you just tried to deceive this forum and community with blatantly fraudulent video.
    Would you rather look at data parsing from a system dump or the almost finalized front half of the device. THat is what its gonna look like. And its gonna run OWOS and the OWOS is gonna be updated. Would you like to see the bootloader crash?
  15.    #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    None of what you just said is an answer for why you just tried to deceive this forum and community with blatantly fraudulent video.
    How is watching a platform that doesn't function helpful for anyone? You mean to tell me you would want to support a platform that doesn't work correctly with your real money. How about we just wait.
  16. #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
    Would you rather look at data parsing from a system dump or the almost finalized front half of the device. THat is what its gonna look like. And its gonna run OWOS and the OWOS is gonna be updated. Would you like to see the bootloader crash?
    Yes, I for one would love to see that, I'd be able to decipher quite a bit from reviewing that.
    arthurthornton and benklop like this.
  17. #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
    Would you rather look at data parsing from a system dump or the almost finalized front half of the device. THat is what its gonna look like. And its gonna run OWOS and the OWOS is gonna be updated. Would you like to see the bootloader crash?
    Sure, that would make more sense to me than showing me a screenshot of the website HP put up so Pre and Pixi owners could check and see if they're device was going to get an update to webOS 2.0.

    You said you had a working webOS device. Prompted for proof you instead show a static screenshot in the dark with no visual reference as to what device it's running on. Nobody is asking to see "what its gonna look like", because frankly that means nothing. I could put a webOS screenshot on any device and say "Hey, look, it's webOS on a Galaxy Nexus!", but it means nothing if it's false.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    arthurthornton and sledge007 like this.
  18.    #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    None of what you just said is an answer for why you just tried to deceive this forum and community with blatantly fraudulent video.
    And more obviously, I didn't say this is webOS running natively on non supported hardware.
  19. #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
    How is watching a platform that doesn't function helpful for anyone? You mean to tell me you would want to support a platform that doesn't work correctly with your real money. How about we just wait.
    Because it proves that you and your claims are legitimate. You didn't post that video as a "here's what it will look like" video, you posted it with no context, so of course our assumption would be that this is working. In fact, i was giving you the benefit of the doubt until I saw the CDMA-specific 1x radio icon.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    arthurthornton likes this.
  20. #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
    And more obviously, I didn't say this is webOS running natively on non supported hardware.
    Then what the hell was "A Few Working Movies" supposed to imply?
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions