View Poll Results: Are you willing to help us?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • WebOS is the future and I can't wait.

137 93.84%
  • I'd rather stick to Android/iOS

9 6.16%
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree258Likes
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    whaaaaaat!?!?!?
    I use At&t's $25 a month plan. All the calls and texts I need without the data. People who also use the way of mobility often don't have data plans (Because we are Power Users!), "Eden" is a phone that you can buy outright that's not $750.00 MSRP, you throw in a SIM, and just start enjoying your device.
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Hum.. I guess Derek is a troll and naysayer as well now?

http://www.webosnation.com/fast-good...ild-smartphone
    Yes.
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Chris, have you a name to this device?

I can suggest POS (idea from "Palm Open Source") that; in portuguese, comes after "Pre". ;-)

For example: here we have pre-paid carrier plans and pos-paid carrier plans...

Well... hummm... this can be a ***** idea, too...

Other suggestion: we have a fantastic market in Brazil, that you can sell anything to customer pay in many times (12x, 18x, etc) from many companies that are not the carriers. To you have an idea, it's possible you find people that receives $ 300.00/month and buy a IPhone 4 that costs more than $ 1.100.00 here.

Okay, we have the most expensive IPhone of the world, but with a good price, our market is great!

Serious, if you wants to sell here, send me a PM and I can help you to drive how you can come to our market.

Best Regards...
    We can sell you three phones for the price of one iOS device. Also, I never thought about the state of electronics in Brazil. I would imagine we share common enemies on the device landscape.
    chris3illiams, what about interface localization? iPhone has build-in support for more than 30 languages.
    Do you plan to do the same?
    Rnp likes this.
  5.    #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakko View Post
    I thought this was a joke thread. Didn't realize you were serious until I saw the post by Derek.
    It's unfortunate Derek's post was misguided.
  6.    #226  
    We just recently purchased a building in St. Louis, have been contacted by a few members of HP and a few developers of popular games and apps in the marketplace who are interested in our project. The support is growing, which is all I could ask for and more. There are a lot of people who are interested in this project and those people, our people, deserve to have a better experience with a mission, a goal and a purpose. Major OEM's don't care about you the user, and neither do the "big wigs" that would rather line their pockets than make a compelling product. WebOS is much more than just printer software, it's the future.

I love webOS, and I hope you join us. This is a cool time to shake things up a bit and start making devices for consumers again. We stand united.

Chris Williams
    ArchonAdvisors, BradE#WN and g.vos like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    C'mon, guys, this is webOS. Welcome to the jungle. We've been in much weirder places than some guys locked bedroom.
    I can honestly say, I've never been in a some guy's locked bedroom. lol.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    /me gets out the popcorn...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    /me gets out the popcorn...
    I'm eating a huge box of Crunch and Munch.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  10.    #230  

<deleted quote>

This is the part that I keep hearing that just doesn't make any sense. You mean to tell me Samsung, who made $2 Billion from devices is going to spend time and effort on a platform with little to no user base. And that makes sense? Better yet, HTC, a company that is barely making profit in the industry as of right now, is going to take all the money spent on "Beats and MOG" and its proprietary online media software, to dump that for a fresh new product with no user base.

So why you are waiting for a product that doesn't exist. This team will be moving forward.

Maybe Nokia will dump WP7 for Open WebOS who knows. In the mean time, We are going to make some cool stuff.
    Last edited by chris3illiams; 03/23/2012 at 05:16 PM.
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    <deleted quote>

chris3illiams,

what a perfect way to change topic, by side stepping what is asked of you. Meet the challenge head on and never back down. Show credentials, place of business and no, locked bedrooms don't count.

I would understand if you did business from the back of your car trunk.

Reveal your true identity here in the forums and I'll show you mine......

Peterdev
    Last edited by sledge007; 03/23/2012 at 07:28 AM.
    I can not believe the direction this forum has taken and surprised it is still open. Ever thread can fall victim to the "WebOS is dead crowd" but Jesus, this one has brought them out of the woodwork.

The dude is asking for input on a cellular device he is claiming to be constructing. If the guy is a fraud, just how does that harm you? Just what is you motive to involve yourself in this forum? Do you feel as if are the protectors of the simple minded who want to believe? If so, i am an adult and do not need your protection. If this guy turns out to be a fraud, trust me, I will be ok.

Anyway, back to the topic. Chris, personally, i have always have attracted to the size of the Pre. Currently, I have a Pre2 and love it. I realize I am in a minority, but I like the physical keyboard.

Good luck.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  13.    #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I can not believe the direction this forum has taken and surprised it is still open. Ever thread can fall victim to the "WebOS is dead crowd" but Jesus, this one has brought them out of the woodwork.

The dude is asking for input on a cellular device he is claiming to be constructing. If the guy is a fraud, just how does that harm you? Just what is you motive to involve yourself in this forum? Do you feel as if are the protectors of the simple minded who want to believe? If so, i am an adult and do not need your protection. If this guy turns out to be a fraud, trust me, I will be ok.

Anyway, back to the topic. Chris, personally, i have always have attracted to the size of the Pre. Currently, I have a Pre2 and love it. I realize I am in a minority, but I like the physical keyboard.

Good luck.

I was recently contacted by the developer for Amigo for webOS and Voice Recorder. I'm so excited! I sleep well knowing there are other people just like you and me, who have already gained immediate interest and have become invested in this mission. Let's just say the project that we are going to try and involve him in will be a real treat for the users of WebOS.

Also, I want to tell you know I know at HP so badly, but I can't yet
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
    I was recently contacted by the developer for Amigo for webOS and Voice Recorder. I'm so excited! I sleep well knowing there are other people just like you and me, who have already gained immediate interest and have become invested in this mission. Let's just say the project that we are going to try and involve him in will be a real treat for the users of WebOS.

Also, I want to tell you know I know at HP so badly, but I can't yet
    Hello.
    Do you want use open webOS without changes, example if Open webOS is same at the webOS version no new feature etc. Don't have any plan to working on it ?
    Developers... What is the plan? I'm interested and to be clear i have some ideas to sell webOS smartphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
    I sleep well knowing there are other people just like you and me, who have already gained immediate interest and have become invested in this mission.
    And if you want the communitys support, then start submitting some hard evidence!
    Pre 3 & TouchPad. Flying in the face of the jesusPhone!
    Parts to make phone:

-paper clip, check.
    -Elmer's glue, check.
    -paper mache, check.
    -construction paper, check.
    -crayola crayons, check.

Don't get me wrong. I support your cause, but I just need proof. I will even help, free of charge.

Peterdev
  17. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    @chris3illiams
    I would love someone to do the webOS phone but I wouldn't want another false promise. There are two things for you to be successful, passion and expertise. If you have both then there is no reason for not making miracles. Even if the team has no expertise you can continue your work purely on passion. That does not guarantee success but there is a chance that you will make it big if you have passion. We just want to see how passionate you are. So can you post a video of your work of porting webOS on the SAMSUNG phone ? Doing so will show that you have the passion for making a webOS phone and will earn you respect from the long term webOS supporters, developers.

I have a feeling you will be more successful joining with more passionate people than the 20 individuals locked in an office ( thought I am not sure how talented they are in mobile space).
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post

I think what it may come down to is that a lot of us really want to see a new webOS device within the next 12 months, whether it be a phone or a tablet, and are willing to contribute significant efforts and resources towards making it happen - ideas, time, knowledge, expertise, connections, and yes, even money. There are some among us who have relationships with all kinds of interesting people in all kinds of interesting positions. Lets just say that someone may know someone who is a director in a company that manufactures certain components in China, and although nobody from that company would even bother returning the calls of someone who is only interested in ordering a few thousand when they are filling orders from Nokia or whoever for hundreds of thousands or even millions, calling in a favor with that person directly could arrange for it to happen, and at a price which would not generally be available to anyone but the biggest players.

Let's also just say, for the sake of argument, that someone may know someone who is a regional manager for a company that manufactures certain types of devices used in a certain industry, and is always ordering certain components in large quantities from the manufacturers. A favor could be called in to arrange for a few of those components to be supplied basically at cost in order to facilitate R&D efforts.

I could give a few more "hypothetical" examples, but I think you get the point. There are some among us who are willing to go to extraordinary lengths to try and make things happen, but these are not the kinds of favors that you throw away on someone who is not 100% serious, committed, and actually running a team with the capability to actually put a product together

I think that is why some people are giving Chris the third degree - not just to give him a hard time (although there are probably those that are doing that), but to get to the bottom of things and determine whether to extend assistance to him.
  19. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post

There are some among us who are willing to go to extraordinary lengths to try and make things happen, but these are not the kinds of favors that you throw away on someone who is not 100% serious, committed, and actually running a team with the capability to actually put a product together
    Yup, it makes sense to give these favors to a committed person.

Quote Originally Posted by marcedhk View Post
    I think that is why some people are giving Chris the third degree - not just to give him a hard time (although there are probably those that are doing that), but to get to the bottom of things and determine whether to extend assistance to him.
    Showing proof will help gain trust.
    @chris3illiams: if you showed us hard evidence, you will gain a lot more support, and you might even get donations towards development. It's in your best interest to show the community what you have achieved.
    Pre 3 & TouchPad. Flying in the face of the jesusPhone!