Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    I spoke with someone who works for HP. They said that they expected a new announcement regarding WebOS, and it sounded like it had to do with WebOS phones, "within a few days".

I couldn't get anything more out of them. I asked if it meant that they might be expanding WebOS beyond what was previously announced and the reply I got was "We hope so".

Anyone else heard anything more about this?
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    nope, and I only imagine its the webOS tablet in 2013 announcement that's rumored already. I doubt any phone rep will ever have inside info anyhow
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Balooz View Post
    nope, and I only imagine its the webOS tablet in 2013 announcement that's rumored already. I doubt any phone rep will ever have inside info anyhow
    Spoke w/a 2nd person who also said that an announcement is coming in the immediate future.
    meybe they are going to tell us that they are closing the webos profiles server...
    Probably going to announce a new phone for this summer since I just signed 2 years on iOS last week. :/
    MrSaint3 and mstrblueskys like this.
    my bet is that HP will build win7 or win8 phones.
    man, could you imagine if they released the webos slab phone with 3.x on it.... i would buy in a heart beat.
    Palm prē-ist.
    Patiently waiting to see if anything happens this week or next. Would love to see a WebOS dream phone released (or any new WebOS phone). Still using my pre- and holding off getting a pre 2 and do the frankenpre conversion.
    stockjock hope its all good.

just release an updated versions of veer pre3 pre2, thinner faster.

Veer was perfect.
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Get the Pre 2 its worth it! I use to have Pre.
    <<thread moved>>
    Hmmm, wonder what this could be?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    If it even would be anything about new webOS devices (phones) it will be a third party using (soon to be open sourced) webOS to build phones. I don't expect HP to ever build any webOS phones anymore.

But I don't expect anything serious though...
    I heard from a person at HP about Huawei making a webOS tablet. But this is from someone very low on the totem pole. So take with a mountain of grains of salt
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stockjock View Post
    Spoke w/a 2nd person who also said that an announcement is coming in the immediate future.
    yeah? How'd that go? I musta missed it! (snicker)
    Move along, people.. there's nothing to see here!
    spud101 likes this.
    oops - accidentally saw last year's posting for this... fail.
    Last edited by kevets; 01/10/2012 at 10:25 AM.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    spud101 likes this.
    Hmmm...well, I'm on the verge of ether getting a Pre2 (VZW) or moving onto Android. Since my phone is provided by my office, I need their approval for what I get. I think webOS is good for a while for me, even if nothing comes of open source. I don't believe the hysteria that HP will turn off their webOS servers. They have agreements in place with wireless carriers that will go for at least a couple more years. We will know far ahead of time before something catastrophic like that occurs.

But if this 'story' of news coming out regarding webOS and phones happens 'in the next few days', I sure will be interested!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Figures. I had been waiting for the Pre3 but since that was unceremoniously killed off along with everything else, I ended up going with a Galaxy Nexus since my Pre+ was on it's last legs and my contract was up for renewal. I held out for as long as I could, but I couldn't wait any longer.

WebOS still holds a fond place for me, but they'd have to do something pretty epic to bring back all of the customers they've lost.
    Come on! Announce a new webos phone! My original pre is on its last leg.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast