Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
    I broke my Sprint Pre- on NYE. Finally bit the bullet and went for BB Bold. Aside from the hardware, I regret my descision almost every time I use my phone. I think I'm going to return it before my14 day window closes and get another Pre- off eBay or here or something...

WebOS is such an amazing platform. Even the WAAAY outdated version I ran on my Pre- is miles ahead of any BB, iOS, or Android.

What a shame.
    I lost my Pre- on New Years Eve Day at work, for pretty much the same price of finding a second hand Pre-, ($75-100 average price I found on kijiji), I managed to win a Veer (locked, but found the Dogbert thread on how to unlock for free.....or if I'm real lazy, found the other thread on where to buy the unlock code for $12-ish) with Touchstone for $110 USD (shipped from USA to Canada) BNIB. You might want to consider that option as well.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I lost my Pre- on New Years Eve Day at work, for pretty much the same price of finding a second hand Pre-, ($75-100 average price I found on kijiji), I managed to win a Veer (locked, but found the Dogbert thread on how to unlock for free.....or if I'm real lazy, found the other thread on where to buy the unlock code for $12-ish) with Touchstone for $110 USD (shipped from USA to Canada) BNIB. You might want to consider that option as well.
    Thanks for the tip! I'd actually love to "upgrade" to a Veer, Pre2, or Pre3. I'm assuming you have AT&T? In your opinion would this be worth switching to AT&T from Sprint? If it's not AT&T, PLEASE enlighten me!

Sorry if the question is a bit off topic and I know there are other threads on this subject. But my question lies within this context.
    Quote Originally Posted by vhatef View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I'd actually love to "upgrade" to a Veer, Pre2, or Pre3. I'm assuming you have AT&T? In your opinion would this be worth switching to AT&T from Sprint? If it's not AT&T, PLEASE enlighten me!

Sorry if the question is a bit off topic and I know there are other threads on this subject. But my question lies within this context.
    No idea, I'm sure either are cheaper than what I use. Bell Mobility. Just unlock it and use it where you want.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vhatef View Post

The Veer is only available with AT&T, but you can use other providers like StraightTalk with it, or if you unlock it, you can use T-mobile.

benefits of the Veer - it is a speedy phone. According to Lithium tests, I get almost Pre3 values. The Veer also has 4G (faux G, HSDPA+) on AT&T's network. StraightTalk resells AT&T bandwidth in a Pay-as-you-go plan. $499 for 1yr of unlimited service or $45 a month. I just ordered a Sim online and waiting to try out the service. I despise AT&T, and avoid them whenever possible.

You can update it to 2.2.4 and open up the TTS potentially (anyone do it yet?). It is a thoroughly modern phone that behaves like a mini-Touchpad. The keyboard is better than my wife's Pre Plus.

Drawbacks of the Veer - it is really small. I like it because it's my secondary phone that I just use for data for my Touchpad, and casual apps like Twitter, email, 4square, FB. The small screen also makes it less supported in the App world.

Pre2 benefits are that there a a lot of apps that will work, a lot of accessories like spare batteries that will keep you going for a long time. But I decided to stick with the modern designed and upgraded Veer/Pre3.
    ****Reducing Inventory****
    ###FOR SALE###

VZW Pre+ 1.4.5 500/1000 on demand Lithium 418
    White ATT Veer 2.1.2 with 1.4 on demand Lithium 122
    Black ATT Veer 2.1.2 Stock Lithium 196 - broken screen, spare parts
    webOS internals NA Pre3 2.2.4 Stock Lithium 111
    Just get something on Sprint please! I'm dying (metaphorically speaking, of course) seeing Veers and Pre 3s. Ah, this would be amazing!
    This thread just reminded me that I have a 0-day Bell Palm Pre- that I no longer use and am sure still works. I've sinced moved on to a Pre 2 and now a Pre 3, but if anyone wants this phone, I'd gladly give it away. I'd be happy to know it found a new home.
    I'm down to my last Pre (I had a few eBay bought ones in reserve) and I've been trying to bite the bullet and buy a new phone. Just haven't been able to make the switch yet - I will probably ride this one till it dies under me. I just really, really like the way it works. I like the style of it - I like the Touchstones - I STILL think it looks cooler than any of the iPhones I've seen. And, I like how intuitive it is to use. Within about a day and a half of getting my first Pre, my fingers were trying to make my laptop work like it.

I hate the idea of getting locked into a two year contract and then seeing that a WebOS device is coming out on another carrier.

I'm going to try to hold out through the summer to see if there is any light at the end of the WebOS tunnel.

Slim hope it seems, but I'll hold out as long as I can. Blargh. Blargh I say Blargh.
    vidahlia likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndyn View Post
    I'm down to my last Pre (I had a few eBay bought ones in reserve) and I've been trying to bite the bullet and buy a new phone. Just haven't been able to make the switch yet - I will probably ride this one till it dies under me. I just really, really like the way it works. I like the style of it - I like the Touchstones - I STILL think it looks cooler than any of the iPhones I've seen. And, I like how intuitive it is to use. Within about a day and a half of getting my first Pre, my fingers were trying to make my laptop work like it.

I hate the idea of getting locked into a two year contract and then seeing that a WebOS device is coming out on another carrier.

I'm going to try to hold out through the summer to see if there is any light at the end of the WebOS tunnel.

Slim hope it seems, but I'll hold out as long as I can. Blargh. Blargh I say Blargh.
    I just bought a Pre 2 off ebay, activated it on Saturday. So far, it's everything I loved about my Pre+ without a lot of the frustrating stuff.
    Was there ever an announcement? I'm getting old, so I might have missed it...or forgotten...
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Given the current situation without the hardware-team ( !), the only thing they could do is team up with other hardware-makers and rebrand it to HP. I mean, look at how ZTE is growing like heaven now just 'cause half of their phone models get rebranded into Vodafone, Orange and even some higher-end companies. HP could do the same, for example pay HTC or some other big guy some money to make the model, rebrand it as HP, put webOS on it and let the sales begin.
    I was planning on buying the last and only Pre3 for Verizon showing up on Ebay this Wednesday.. BUT .. you have successfully got me to put the breaks on that..... and instead I will be waiting on the news to make any future decision.

IF YOU ARE LYING I WILL HATE YOU FOREVER
    Quote Originally Posted by Zukny View Post
    I was planning on buying the last and only Pre3 for Verizon showing up on Ebay this Wednesday.. BUT .. you have successfully got me to put the breaks on that..... and instead I will be waiting on the news to make any future decision.

IF YOU ARE LYING I WILL HATE YOU FOREVER
    huh?
    There's piles of Pre 3's on eBay, why do you need a Verizon specific model? (I found that one, and there's cheaper ones out there.)
    There's piles of Pre 3's on eBay, why do you need a Verizon specific model? (I found that one, and there's cheaper ones out there.)
    Maybe they are on the carrier Verizon?

I am not with HP/Palm but they have stated in the past they are out of the mobile market... So unless things change I do not think there will be any new mobile devices, they have said they are going to continue with tablets (windows 8 for arm) and they are building Open webOS 1.0 (I assume for the tablet or laptop)... But I would not take my or anyone else's thoughts as the what HP/Palm will do! If you want a device that runs the latest webOS version (currently 2.2.4) get a pre2 or pre3 both are great devices...
    Incase there is no upcoming news about a new webOS phone, where are these Verizon Pre3's that are cheaper then the 1 showing on ebay. ( At this time, ebay shows only 1 pre3 left )
    Quote Originally Posted by Zukny View Post
    Incase there is no upcoming news about a new webOS phone, where are these Verizon Pre3's that are cheaper then the 1 showing on ebay. ( At this time, ebay shows only 1 pre3 left )
    I found other Pre 3s that were cheaper and unlocked for that matter, not Verizon specific ones.
    Here's one for $255, unlocked.http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Pre-3-16G...item416370a604

Just realized it's still under bid....but I found another one with under 30 minutes left for $349 here:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Palm-Pre3...item231ad49bdf
    Unless it's important that your phone has the same logo as your carrier? My Veer says AT&T, and I'm with Bell Mobility.
    Verizon phones use CDMA not GSM.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I found other Pre 3s that were cheaper and unlocked for that matter, not Verizon specific ones.
    Here's one for $255, unlocked.HP Pre 3 - 16GB - Black (Unlocked) Smartphone (886111382439) | eBay

Just realized it's still under bid....but I found another one with under 30 minutes left for $349 here:
    HP Palm Pre3 4G, 16GB AT&T (Unlocked) Black Smartphone | eBay
    Unless it's important that your phone has the same logo as your carrier? My Veer says AT&T, and I'm with Bell Mobility.
    Yeah, I actually bought a Pre3 before off Amazon for like 225 (looking back, that's prboably the chepest they've been) ... Sad part is, I broke the glass to it.. and i'm dying w/ out it.

I don't have (ATT) I have Verizon (work phone) So I was just using it as: podcasts/music/internet/videogames/chat etc.. which is where my talk time goes anyway.

Anywho.. I'd much rather have just 1 phone and get rid of my Crapppy work blackberry.. So i'm very much looking forward to buying a verizon Pre3 or new webos PHone ..that is.. if they are announcing a new webos phone
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12