Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By intellidryad
  • 1 Post By mcbeaven
    Front page add-on to that article: http://www.precentral.net/webos-3-0-...accepting-dogs
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I went to an Evo 3D, by way of a Nexus S, this year. Here's hoping we get a nice How To soon! I like Android, but really love webOS, so if it gets to the point where it's stable & works well, I'd go for it!
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I have an EVO ( the original) waiting for webOS. I am thinking of paying someone if they can port it to Samsung Note
    I bought an EVO 3D about 30 minutes ago. PuffTheMagic, if you need a tester just PM me.
    If webOS works well on the Evo 3D, and it wouldn't be too hard to reboot back into Android, then I am so getting the Evo 3D

This, plus there is already instructions on how to hack the Touchstone coils onto the EVO 3D. Starting to look like a great candidate for my next phone.
    Ziplock likes this.
    Evo 3D with webOS 3.x should be interesting.... Is everything works fine? I hope there is a youtube video show us how good it works
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Evo 3D with webOS 3.x should be interesting.... Is everything works fine? I hope there is a youtube video show us how good it works
    I heard on IRC, actually, that nothing worked, that's why it's showing the lock screen, because none of the input devices were functional. But, I guess with source code, that can change pretty quickly.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Because this was a touchpad port on a phone I'm guessing none if the phone features work. Can anyone confirm this?

If this was ported to an Evo 3 months ago... Why wait until now to show it off? Does the timing have anything to do with the open source announcement?

Would love to see a YouTube video.

How easy/hard would webos be to port to an iPhone once it is fully open sourced?
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I heard on IRC, actually, that nothing worked, that's why it's showing the lock screen, because none of the input devices were functional. But, I guess with source code, that can change pretty quickly.
    correct without the source code as he explained he did this months ago, he dosent have access to the certains codes to make webos function. Now with the code this should not be a problem at all.
    I agree, hopefully the source code leads to some interesting WebOS/Phone combinations. Should be exciting.
    Does anybody know how long would it take HP to release the source code so developers can get the ball rolling. The first HTC phone that gets WebOS on it , I'm getting it.
    Hummm... my Treo 650 - the BEST smartphone of all times - was made by HTC.

So... why not?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Hummm... my Treo 650 - the BEST smartphone of all times - was made by HTC.

So... why not?

Best Regards...
    HTC? I thought only the Treo Pro was HTC-made
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Honestly, i think we should aim for an all screen phone minus the android buttons. Personally, i hate the look of phones with all those gross looking buttons at the bottom, in which wont really serve any purpose on a webos phone.

moto tacstar => kyocera k9 => samsung a460 => samsung n400 => nokia 3588i => samsung a920 => samsung a800 => samsung a940 => lg fusic => samsung instinct => pixi => pre => arrive => nexus s => veer => pre 2 =>pre 3 => hd7 => iphone 4s => nokia lumia 710 => nokia lumia 800 => samsung gs3 => blackberry bold 9650 => nokia lumia 900
    Balooz likes this.