Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By ursula
  1.    #1  
    It's kind of crappy but I thought it was cool. It only took a couple hours.

"Tommy Likey"
    I'm loving that. HP need a slab device.
    Pre 3 & TouchPad. Flying in the face of the jesusPhone!
    That is the unique design that they needed and that forthcoming manufactures need to make webOS devices stand out!!! I would buy that!!!
    that is not crappy at all! If HP was to make phones this is what they should come out with. Just 2 sizes and that's it, although I think this one would be enough. This is an elegant mock up, black cocktail dress look. (not to emasculate... lol) I would buy this in a heartbeat especially if I could run Android apps until webOS apps gained.
    Good 'bump' for a thread since I missed it the first time around!
    I would totally love to see a form factor like that... but I'd love to see ANY form factor for webOS in the future.
    Where's that guy who was one of the finalists for 50000 CEOs challenge? Some renderings pleeez
    Itís cool, but Iíd like new manufacturers to not forget about the hardware keyboard!
    webOS is simply fabulous
    ó
    TouchPadís Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004ís post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    Itís cool, but Iíd like new manufacturers to not forget about the hardware keyboard!
    Agreed I love my Palm keyboard, those touch screen keyboards are a pain, at least with the actual keyboard buttons I can feel the key that I want to push and avoid akward misspellings.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    interesting. i'm at the opposite end. I don't think i'd ever buy another hardware keyboard.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks everybody! Yeah, I have to agree with SnotBoogie and say that I prefer soft keyboards vs. hardware. Thinner the device, the better!
    Looks lovely to me, I'd certainly buy one! Myself I used to be a huge hardware keyboard evangelist, but now I think I could happily use a software one as my daily driver. Though it's nice to have both
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Put Motorola on there instead of HP please...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    All those "put a keyboard on it" sayers:
    I concur, that I personally like a hw-keyboard, but with that I am a minority.

At the moment, there is NO successful keyboard-smartphone out there. Be it blackberry or WebOS, all the keyboard smartphones have been shunned by the majority.

Sad to say so, I think the hw-keyboard kept many people off buying the Pres. More than one of my friends told me "I would take one if it wouldn't have that fiddly little keyboard). Others said the screen is too small (even on my Pre3).

Seeing which designs are successful on the market, and which are non, I would say the mockup of the OP would be successful. A hardwarekeyboard smartphone sadly not.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Ursela;

First, I just love it when someone else has the imagination and energy to follow through on "what might have been". Thanks for sharing this.

Second... this display seems extremely wide proportional to the height... much wider than a standard 4:3 aspect ratio. and MUCH MUCH wider than a 16:9 aspect ratio, so, as somene who has gotten into the details of this, Im wondering, what is the screen diagnal size and final screen resolution?

For reference, my designs used a screen with the 4:3 aspect ratio, sized with a 3.8" diagnal screen for the hardware keyboards concepts and a 4.3" diagnal for the slab form factor concept.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Looks lovely.

But as LCGuy states "Second... this display seems extremely wide proportional to the height... much wider than a standard 4:3 aspect ratio. and MUCH MUCH wider than a 16:9 aspect ratio, so, as somene who has gotten into the details of this, Im wondering, what is the screen diagnal size and final screen resolution?"

Seems to be a bit unproportional. Otherwise it is very svelte looking.

Would you do a slider (down like original) to see what effect it would give on the original design?
    Thanks for the work you put into this...

However...

-1 for slab. Sorry. I place physical QWERTY high on my list pf priorities.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee