• 1 Post By Elemante
  • 3 Post By p41m3r
  • 1 Post By drahgon
  • 2 Post By jsgraphicart
  • 2 Post By SnotBoogie
  • 1 Post By laoh
  • 2 Post By ricomann
  1.    #1  
    Is it me or does this just Scream WebOS with a touch of NFC??!!!
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cf7IL_eZ38[/YT]
    rcd2 likes this.
    Its just you.
    This thing was fluid and fully baked.
    sinsin07, errsta and Vistaus like this.
    The problem is this will never happen because the windows will be made by Samsung who will patent everything then Sony will make the picture frame patent everything(patent fights).....Microsoft will make the table surface(patent fight...etc) HP will make the glass phone......and everything will be proprietary/closed and will not communicate with each other and no company can make it all because of the patents.
    MrSaint3 likes this.
    I dont see webOS in this. I just see a bunch of touch screen surfaces. This video must also be a different universe where everyone is rich and the economy is doing well enough to put LCD screens on the freeway and see through touch screen interfaces at bus stops. This is not what the near future will look like. Maybe in a tech geeks dream. lol
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Vistaus and knownboyofno like this.
    I think OP is saying that "this should be powered by webOS", not "do you see webOS in this video"
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I think OP is saying that "this should be powered by webOS", not "do you see webOS in this video"
    answer still the same. No it doesn't scream weobs.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    knownboyofno and sinsin07 like this.
    Add a few TMC errors, stuttering transitions, slow load times, audio disconnects, maybe show someone installing patches and a couple of firesale adverts. and yeah I would agree, it screams webos. LOL
    I don't need this. My life is already as sad as it is, spending all day in front of the computer at work checking precentral, then coming home and spending all night in front of the computer watching youtube and checking precentral.
    sledge007 likes this.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    in the home, how does it know who is standing in front of it? I mean, if I wanted to cheat or was cheating on my wife and my mistress texts me while my wife is washing her face in the bathroom and bat-****s herself when some hoochie talks dirty thinking it's to mee... well, nevermind. what I mean to say is that I could see a security issue there.

and, if you've ever been to Detroit, Oakland, New Orleans or LA, you know those public signs would be shot out or painted over in less than 8 minutes. Ah, utopia.
    Quote Originally Posted by drahgon View Post
    The problem is this will never happen because the windows will be made by Samsung who will patent everything then Sony will make the picture frame patent everything(patent fights).....Microsoft will make the table surface(patent fight...etc) HP will make the glass phone......and everything will be proprietary/closed and will not communicate with each other and no company can make it all because of the patents.
    Yeah, that's the sad thing, but never say never.
    It's a beautifully polished movie. We will be seeing lot's of this technology in the near future. I don't believe every touch surface will be made out of glass, though. Don't forget about OLED technology which could be applied to every wall or table, not only bringing light into our homes in a way never seen before, but also brings interactivity.

The seemless interfacing between all these systems is the most interesting message in this movie, but it seems far away...
    You're absolutely right, patents and closed technologies keep us from having all of these great opportunities for the next couple of years, maybe decades...
    It does!

webOS 12.2.1.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

yea... A lot will have to change in our government and economy for this to be realized. I don't see the necessary changes happening in the next 50 years, although I'd love it if it did! Maybe if we all band together we can start a revolution and bring forth the changes we'd .... ah nevermind lol.
    A bit too much tech for me. Scary.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    yeah, uh; no.