Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Please read the thread, not one of those is in relation to the specifics of the OP.

The Samsung rumors have been swirling much longer than this thread.
    Please read the links, every one of them is dated Aug 29!
    Last edited by JED-WEB-OS; 09/01/2011 at 05:19 PM.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by JED-WEB-OS View Post
    Please read the links, every one of them is dated Aug 29!
    The rumors have been around LONGER than that. And the links you posted being dated the same date is nothing new any more with internet "news", one semi reputable site runs an article and every other site picks up on it because they don't want to be out of the loop.

For example... the first to articles you linked refer to a BGR story, the BGR story refers to DigiTimes report. Every other link refers to DigiTimes. It is just a whole bunch of pieces written on one article. It is the internet version of the news on every channel carrying some kind of event, they don't want you going to another provider and giving them clicks if they can give you the same story. So once one tech site runs it all the tech site will run it.

Even funnier because all the "articles" are much longer than the original source.

Samsung Electronics, despite refuting reports it plans to take over Hewlett-Packard's (HP's) PC business, reportedly has already recruited HP's ex-vice president of PSG marketing Raymond Wah to handle Samsung's PC sales, and the company is also reportedly considering purchasing webOS to compete head on against Apple and Google, according to sources from notebook players.

Both HP and Samsung have declined to comment about the purchase of webOS.

The sources noted that the acquisition of HP's PC business, which has a rather low gross margin, may turn out to hurt Samsung's panel and DRAM businesses that have rather high gross margins, therefor HP's webOS may be the target that Samsung has the most interest in.

In addition, Google's acquisition of Motorola, which may seriously threaten hardware brand vendors, could also trigger Samsung to purchase webOS as a counter measure, the sources added.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 09/01/2011 at 05:35 PM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by JED-WEB-OS View Post
    The rumor has grown legs or links...

Links, yes. In order to grow legs we'd need to see another source independently validating the info. At the moment, one source has reported it (DigiTimes) and everyone else is regurgitating.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    There are no specifics because the OP is pulling everyone's leg about a fictional phone.
    Ohh I know that, just keep seeing people popping in here with the Sammy rumors like they substantiate the OP.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5.    #45  
    First of all, i'm not pulling anyone legs. I'm not an editor, nor your english teacher. Except all errors, regarding my post. Samsung will release 2 webOS Tri-core phones, regarding the post from yesterday. Well, i guess whoever posted it on their website, have crashed Samsung announcement they should've made today sept 1,about webOS phones or Samsung decided to delay their announcement. Me posting the information here yesterday about Samsung Tri-core webOS phones,didn't help much.Well, i believe the link to the article i suppose to post here for evident, the link has been disable, and i can't access. Who knows, maybe Samsung is furious about the early news leak, and they told the editor to take it down, or disable it. Now, all i can say is.. let just wait for Samsung webOS tri-core phones,announcement soon from themselves. Finger still crossed.
    Last edited by cyber4444; 09/01/2011 at 07:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber4444 View Post
    First of all, i'm not pulling anyone legs. I'm not an editor, nor your english teacher. Except all errors, regarding my post. Samsung will release 2 webOS Tri-core phones, regarding the post from yesterday. Well, i guess whoever posted it on their website, crashed Samsung announcement they should've made soon, today sept 1,about webOS phones or Samsung decided to delay their announcement. Me posting the information here yesterday about Samsung Tri-core webOS phones,didn't help much.Well, i believe the link to the article i suppose to post here for evident, the link has been disable, and i can't access. Who knows, maybe Samsung is furious about the early news leak, and the told the editor to take it down, or disable it. Now, all i can say is.. let just wait for Samsung webOS tri-core phones,announcement soon from themselves. Finger still crossed.

Dude you know how many posts we get about one person in the world (YOU) who just happens to know something nobody else in the world knows?!?

Come on, nobody is going to believe what an anonymous new person posts that is big news without proof.

I say you're pulling everyone's leg unless we see proof. That's the way the Internet works buddy.

If you were smart, you'd pull that supposed page you saw out of your browser cache (it's sitting in there ready to be plucked out). But I'm betting you'll have a silly reason why you can't do that and continue the charade.
    OP, whatever you thought you saw was probably associated to an Android leak. But nice try:

Samsung Publicly Dismisses ďLeakedĒ Phone Specs From Earlier Today

"Itís a rare case when Samsung speaks out on rumors and speculations regarding their upcoming devices but this is one such rare instance where they did. That has to tell you that these rumors were so outlandish, they couldnít keep quiet. I mean, really? A tri-core 4.65-ich screen with a 9 1/2MP camera and dual-exhaust? Just didnít feel right."
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    OP, whatever you thought you saw was probably associated to an Android leak. But nice try:

Samsung Publicly Dismisses ďLeakedĒ Phone Specs From Earlier Today

"Itís a rare case when Samsung speaks out on rumors and speculations regarding their upcoming devices but this is one such rare instance where they did. That has to tell you that these rumors were so outlandish, they couldnít keep quiet. I mean, really? A tri-core 4.65-ich screen with a 9 1/2MP camera and dual-exhaust? Just didnít feel right."
    Dual Exhaust??? Does it run on unleaded regular or premium and is nitrous oxide an option for more bandwidth?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Please read the thread, not one of those is in relation to the specifics of the OP.

The Samsung rumors have been swirling much longer than this thread.
    This link from today's PreCentral should put an end to the rumors. . . (sadly).

Samsung CEO: We would "never" purchase webOS | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    purplepansy,
    Are you kidding people like the OP will post even more false rumors now that times are tough. They get a kick out of the attention.
    Here's the chance that these rumors are true:

0%

This is just somebodies wishful thinking.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    ya, the rumor is false... These new phones will be quadcore
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Which they have - it's called Bada - it outsells WP7 in the USA and they have justed launched a new wave of phones featuring it.
    I see what you did there.
  14.    #54  
    LG AND HTC are playing deaf-ears to the announcement of Samsung not buying webOS.Samsung was never intended to buy webOS,but to license it.As was previously stated of a Tech-site posting of Samsung luanching 2 webOS Tri-core smart phones,HTC and LG is secretly preping their lined-up of killer webOS super phones to counter-attack with Samsung interest in webOS.HTC deal with Beat Technology wasn't no surprise,because they're trying to seperate themselves from their competitions.HTC will release 2 webOS killer specd-phones.A 4.2'' and 4.5 monster,with Beat Technology and Tri-core processors.LG will release 1 phone for now,but spec is similar to what they have with Andriod.LG will have a 4.2" with a 3D webOS interface,something that none of it competitions will have.LG will also have 3D Dolby Surround Sound System built in for multimedia.Both LG and HTC will luanch their killer webOS phones by early january 2012.Samsung,still on track to luanch their first webOS tri-core phones by year end,regarding thir announcement of not buying webOS.I will keep your posted,as more info gather.Please accept all errors.
    LOL. Wishful thinking. webOS failed twice already. Why do you think all these companies are going to think webOS is the next hottest thing in the market? I guess it's nothing wrong with dreaming.
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,555 Global Posts
    Isn't this the second thread you've posted with stuff you've basically dreamed up?

What is the point of those threads? They seem to be more fantasy than rumour or guesswork.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    As much as I would welcome this, I just don't see Lťo Apotheker being able to succeed at anything. Fingers are crossed.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    yep, his first post talked about some news article he strangly lost the link for.Nice object.oriented writing style though.
    love the idea but with out links this is wishfully thinking
    <<Threads Merged>>

@OP... Please don't make more of these threads. Thanks
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast