Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber4444 View Post
    As in responds to everyone here down-grading what i had posted, it was a link that i accidentally came upon through a link from a random Tech-site, about Samsung lunching new webOS super smart phones, to be release at the end of the year. I'm post this thread to keep active for those that want to know more about Samsung intention towards webOS.I'm updating this post on my phone.When i get home on my computer, i will copy & paste and than post the link. As i said soon.
    *facepalm*
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    And it'll run all the iPhone apps! And it'll have more marketshare than Android! It will be 3D,play PS3 disks, blueray, and they'll pay you to buy them!

I have a link, but I left it in my other Touchpad... My 128GB 5G Touchpad!
    I just don't see the Samsung rumors of licensing webOS being true because they are already a large player in Android plus they have invested so much in developing their own mobile operating system called bada. Taking on a third mobile OS just seems unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by yorxs View Post
    I just don't see the Samsung rumors of licensing webOS being true because they are already a large player in Android plus they have invested so much in developing their own mobile operating system called bada. Taking on a third mobile OS just seems unlikely.
    Actually now that Google is acquiring Motorola, "Moogle" will be a direct competitor to Samsung. I can see why they might want an OS of their own rather than rely on the competition to provide it for them.
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden View Post
    Actually now that Google is acquiring Motorola, "Moogle" will be a direct competitor to Samsung. I can see why they might want an OS of their own rather than rely on the competition to provide it for them.
    Which they have - it's called Bada - it outsells WP7 in the USA and they have justed launched a new wave of phones featuring it.
    i don't see how anyone here has any right to insult the OP

if he's right, and samsung does release these phones, nobody's going to come in here and say "i'm sorry, you were right"

to the OP: thanks, post the link when you can

any / all news and rumors are welcome here all the time. don't let a few ruin the ride
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

here you go! to help the OP. Just read this.... forbes article talking about samsung potetially buying webOS soon.

http://blogs.forbes.com/mobiledia/?p=388
    Quote Originally Posted by arrocha87 View Post
    here you go! to help the OP. Just read this.... forbes article talking about samsung potetially buying webOS soon.

Samsung May Buy WebOS - Mobiledia - The Mobile Future - Forbes
    that whole article sounds like nothing more than mere speculation
    hey im not saying its fact, im just saying lots of people are talking about samsung and webOS. just by typing samsung and webOS you get lots of links on google, people out there are talking. So people on here should quit bashing the OP because its not like he pulled it out his rear! I doubt all the tri-core stuff but definitely see Samsung as a potential webOS buyer.
    Nom Nom Nom, I love me some webos in with my lunch time Samwiches.

Maybe they are overclocking the Touchpad to 2.5ghz so you can use it as a hotplate.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    i don't see how anyone here has any right to insult the OP

if he's right, and samsung does release these phones, nobody's going to come in here and say "i'm sorry, you were right"

to the OP: thanks, post the link when you can

any / all news and rumors are welcome here all the time. don't let a few ruin the ride
    I think the reason most of us are making jokes is not due to the rumor, but do to the horrible typing and grammar, combined with the excessive use of the word "lunch" instead of "launch".

Quote Originally Posted by arrocha87 View Post

Samsung May Buy WebOS - Mobiledia - The Mobile Future - Forbes
    The OP was talking about a specific phone though, I would say most if not all of us posting in this thread are aware of at least 1 of the various Samsung rumors.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I think the reason most of us are making jokes is not due to the rumor, but do to the horrible typing and grammar, combined with the excessive use of the word "lunch" instead of "launch"
    so? i know people who are super intellectually smart and have grammar mistakes and/or have trouble typing on a keyboard

it's one thing to make a joke, it's another thing to haze
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

ariker01 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    so? i know people who are super intellectually smart and have grammar mistakes and/or have trouble typing on a keyboard

it's one thing to make a joke, it's another thing to haze
    Let me add to that, that we still haven't seen the source link posted and nobody else has been able to locate it.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    This is just a troll.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    My brother played squash with Steve Jobs in better days and still has lunch with him now and then. Anyway. he was saying that Jon Rubenstein had phoned Steve J to wish him the best after his resignation. In the ensuing chat, Ruby said that the deal with Samsung was in the bag and that part of the deal was to take some of the already developed phones and produce them under the Samsung brand so that they could get phones and tablets to market really quickly. HP's re-start of the TouchPad is just to keep things ticking over until CES 2012, when the new phones will be announced for launch in early February.

Oh, look, flying pigs....

Andrew
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Nah, that's the iPhone 6 which was "lost" in a bar today.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Please read the thread, not one of those is in relation to the specifics of the OP.
    There are no specifics because the OP is pulling everyone's leg about a fictional phone.

By the way if Samsung does buy webOS don't be surprised if they never use it. I hope people understand this has more to do with patents then keeping webOS alive. If you don't understand this you can read up on this here:

HP WebOS Patents: Are Samsung, Nokia and Microsoft Bidding?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast