Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    I actually hope who ever buys webos will do a much beter job then hp and faster.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Hoping for samsung, but would also be happy with HTC

Apple would be interesting, but I hate the thought of only having it on one phone style forever...Im one of the ones who like a physical keyboard slider

I feel like it will be licensed out by HP as I see them wanting to incorporate it into other parts of their business.
    Treo 680, Treo 750, Pre-, Touchpad
    Probably apple for it's patent.
    Otherwise hp will keep it and use it for its printers. So sad.
    Apple. I know they would scrap webOS, but 5% of webOS's remains embedded into Ios would work well at last.
    something224 likes this.
    facebook
    no one
    how about the big M?
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treology View Post
    how about the big M?
    McDonalds? What would they do with it?
    I've actually just left HP after working for them for 4 years. HP's ethos has always been if they are not 1st or 2nd in a marketplace then they will exit it (anyone remember the HP camera's?)- however this did seem a bit quick, I can only conclude that they saw no potential of overtaking iOS or Android.

I would have really loved it if Nokia bought webOS. Nokia used to be THE company for quality mobile phones and great user interface- what have they done in adopting WINDOWS MOBILE!! WebOS would have been much better I think and no royalties to pay to MS.
    I honestly don't see a need to be 1st or 2nd in the mobile device arena. webOS just needs to find a new home that can roll out enough competitive devices in a timely manner and satisfy consumer's needs.

It isn't fair that the lions share of all mobile devices be split between Apple's iOS and Android. Besides, purchasing is great for our economy, and the mobile arena should be large enough to accomodate several players consumers can choose from.

Recent news suggests HP is trying to work something out with several major industry players. I would love to see a successful company that can facilitate product lines of competitive mobile devices worthy of webOS. For example, companies such as: HTC, FaceBook, or Amazon.

Peace.
    HP has made a mess of rather a lot recently, at a guess they will balls up any such sale or licencing as well.
    Hardcore fan of Samsung...but disappointed to see samsung say no
  13. dunivanm
    I would like to see HP donate webOS (the whole OS) to the Linux Foundation or The Free Software Foundation (free as in software where the user is free to use the software as the user wants, modify the software, and to distribute the software...not free as in free of charge)

Of course, I have wanted a non-physical keyboard (virtual) webOS phone since the original Pre. I owned 2 of the Pre's and they cracked from the continual sliding of the 2 pieces.
    I would Love to see Intel get that.

They have enormous funding capability & they can be the next Apple with this OS.

x86 is always better than ARM.
    Palm Pixi Plus AT&T webOS 1.4.5
    HTC please! Great hardware with badass software = win in my book!

Rocking the HTC EVO 3D
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by harishgayatri View Post
    I would Love to see Intel get that.

They have enormous funding capability & they can be the next Apple with this OS.

x86 is always better than ARM.
    No no no no no. x86 is not always better than ARM.
    The best people to buy webOS: US!

Just because it would be nice if we could buy it from HP and opensource it... Even if it's mostly a dream :/
    Neither Facebook nor Amazon will buy webos. Not a fit for either of them.

And nobody will buy webos to get patents. webos and patents are 2 distinct assets.
    Somebody interested in any Palm patents can just buy the patents.

If somebody buys webos for real money - they'll get it to put it on devices.
    Apple or MS would only buy it for dirt cheap to shut it down (pretty much redundant at this point) and to copy a couple of features (not likely).
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Quote Originally Posted by user01 View Post
    I would like to see HP donate webOS (the whole OS) to the Linux Foundation or The Free Software Foundation (free as in software where the user is free to use the software as the user wants, modify the software, and to distribute the software...not free as in free of charge)

Of course, I have wanted a non-physical keyboard (virtual) webOS phone since the original Pre. I owned 2 of the Pre's and they cracked from the continual sliding of the 2 pieces.
    I actually think this is now a possibility. Perhaps there are no interested buyers. We know HTC and samsung are not interested per some other posts.....Maybe amazon will come thru....

Things have been really quiet lately. If they open source it, I'd like to see if the mojo/enyo runtimes can be rolled into phonegap to port apps easily to other platforms.
    I am even starting to think maybe no one will buy WebOS. All I can say is I hope someone will soon. WebOS needs to make a come back sometime SOON! The longer it sits the more bleak the future looks for the platform. I really want it to work out too. Palm did such a great job with it when they had it for the amount of money they had to put toward. I just think is Palm was still around today and had the money we may not have done to bad. Any thoughts?
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast