Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This thread is to get the opinion of the members who love webOS.I want HP to make webOS phones and not average but good phones.I know there are some specs I would love the next webOS phone to have.I want to know what specs you would love to have on a new webOS smartphone? And please nothing that's ten years from being possible.
    Example:

Form factor: Slab or slider
    Size:3.8in
    Processor: Dual core 1.5ghz
    GPU:Give your opinion
    Storage:16gb,32gb,or maybe even 62gb.
    Screen: AMOLED,Gorilla Glass
    Cameras: (there has to be two cameras!)front 3megapixel,Rear 8megapixels,3x zoom auto-focus,dual flash,1080p HD video
    Casing/cover:Matt finish black
    Other specs:
    Hdmi mirror output
    3 axis gyroscope for augmented reality apps.
    Compass
    accelerometer
    and so on. I think those specs would make for a great hp webOS phone.
    Those are just my opinion and you don't have to following the order or even list everything.You could list one specs you would like your for your webOS phone.Hey maybe HP will see this and take note.I love webOS and want to keep the momentum going to show HP that we want new and better phones.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/15/2011 at 11:47 AM. Reason: fixed typos
    Based on your specs, the form factor would have to be much larger to accommodate a battery large enough for more than a few hours use. Inductive charging would add weight. The physical keyboard would gave to go.

Probably better to detune a processor for battery life. Clocking up, via a custom kernel would still be an option for those willing to sacrifice battery life.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Dan Donovan
    and will cost 500 on contract with specs like that.
    The next HP phone specs? I that's easy. Just take a look at the specs from the top phone that is in the stores right now - that will be next webOs spec.... 18 months from now...

Sent from my Evo - so there!
    something close to or better than samsung galaxy SII
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  6.    #6  
    I understand but my ojective is to really have a spec sheet HP could go off.While those specs I listed may have it limitations working with each other but they are just examples and everying I listed may not be needed but atleast 90% is.And as for the price of a phone with specs like that is concerned.There are phones with more specs then that and cost less then $500 on contract.

So here goes again
    Specs I would like are:
    1.Better front megapixel camera and zoom. I hate that I can't zoom in with video or my camera.
    2. 3 axis gyroscope. Just to name a couple of things.
    I want it to say "HTC" on it somewhere...
    Well, the next webOS smartphone is not the PrPrPr? $Because$ $was$ $not$ $launched$ $until$ $now$...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  9.    #9  
    Still not specs,I just want feedback on specs and nothing else.Thank you
    specs schmecks. What do you want to be able to do with it? What does webos on phones need to do to take it to the next level? Write the specs to support that.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    super fast(snappy), everything should work perfect, and lte. thats all !
  12.    #12  
    lol,ok I get it I get it. We all want a phone that performs well,and very responsive,and optimized.I think webos has that potential more then any other OS but you need a great processor to help handle that potential and a great battery to make sure you do it as long as needed.Plus enough ram and storage also.

I came across this youtube video of the next nvidia tegra 3 chips codenamed kal-El. It's crazy! And it's supposed to be on smartphones and tablets this year.I read that Qualcomm had some Quad core processors but I heard it's not do until the end of 2012.

I just want a Pre3+

Portrait QWERTY slider, SUPER AMOLED (or whatever) 3.8" screen, increased Processor and RAM, 8MP and 2 MP cameras, WIMAX.

I would buy that today for $200. Might even wait a few months if i knew it was coming with Sprint's new LTE.
    I think it's safe to say that the next webOS phone will be a largish slab. I doubt it'll be huge though - somewhere between 3.8" and 4.2". This isn't based on anything but the fact that HP still has a bunch of Palm engineers and decisionmakers in the webOS division, and those have been known to prefer their devices a bit smaller than "huge".

I'd be slightly surprised if it didn't have 960x540 (qHD) because if they enter the multimedia/entertainment slab phone fray, qHD *will* be expected if HP wants the phone to compete in the high-end segment of that particular market; 800x480 will seem a bit midrange (and the Internet will tear it apart in the air as ancient technology and/or lower than the low-end).

As for processors, a layman could assume that it's likely to pack a Qualcomm S3 (dual 1,5GHz) because the S4 isn't supposed to launch until next year, and even then Qualcomm is saying it's a tablet processor and because the Pre3 is already essentially packing a top-class S2 if I understand their new naming scheme correctly. It'll have abundant RAM somewhere between 512mb and 1gb.

Cameras are anyone's guess - I doubt they'll install one that's nominally worse than the one in the Pre3 out of sheer prestige reasons, even if it's actually better (e.g. I have a no-name 5mp point-and-shoot and a Canon 3mp point-and-shoot and the Canon makes beautiful pictures while the other one is terrible) because it would look worse on paper. I doubt that the front camera will be better than 1mp, which is good because any more will just force the image to be downscaled and compressed when you're videochatting.

A few days ago, I would've said it's gonna have Beats audio - but now that HTC has bought Beats, this won't be happening. That was quite the scoop for HTC; Beats is on its way to becoming a majorly well-known brand and Athletes all over the world don't leave the house without their Beats headphones. Ah well. At least now Beats is going to be honored; if HP had been allowed to keep using it exclusively, people on here would've kept calling it a useless gimmick.

I'll eat my hat if it doesn't have a gyroscope (nevermind its usefulness, people do expect it in a high-end entertainment phone... and it might actually be useful in a phone that people will use for gaming a lot) or a glass screen. I kinda wish there was an all-plastic option, but Apple has succeeded in telling people that they don't like ugly scratches and that they prefer a phone that shatters outright when it's dropped.
    Well because HP can't think ahead, and refuses to do more than one thing at a time, we will never see a phone with specs thought out and released in a relative time frame. So in order to make a phone do able you would need to make a spec that is at least 1 year out so that time HP comes to realize it can be done it will be current spec.

So my phone would be this:
    -Tegra Quad Core Chip (takes care of both the cpu/gpu)
    -Rear 12mp Camera, Front 6mp Camera
    -WiMax/LTE Radio
    -1950 battery
    -GPS
    -Thermostat
    -Gyroscope
    -NFC Payment
    -Bluetooth/Wifi N
    -Single Slab 3.8in phone (Gorilla Glass/Super AMOLED)
    -1/2gb ram
    -32/64gb memory
    -Instead of HDMI: Intels WIDI

This would be a beast phone at least a years out...so HP get cracking I expect this in one years time....or did I not give you enough of a time frame to work with?
    Quote Originally Posted by mattc908 View Post
    Well because HP can't think ahead, and refuses to do more than one thing at a time, we will never see a phone with specs thought out and released in a relative time frame. So in order to make a phone do able you would need to make a spec that is at least 1 year out so that time HP comes to realize it can be done it will be current spec.

So my phone would be this:
    -Tegra Quad Core Chip (takes care of both the cpu/gpu)
    -Rear 12mp Camera, Front 6mp Camera
    -WiMax/LTE Radio
    -1950 battery
    -GPS
    -Thermostat
    -Gyroscope
    -NFC Payment
    -Bluetooth/Wifi N
    -Single Slab 3.8in phone (Gorilla Glass/Super AMOLED)
    -1/2gb ram
    -32/64gb memory
    -Instead of HDMI: Intels WIDI

This would be a beast phone at least a years out...so HP get cracking I expect this in one years time....or did I not give you enough of a time frame to work with?
    lol.

What would you consider adequate specs for a HP "superphone" in November 2011? By adequate I mean specs that you would consider competitive with any other "superphone" on the market.
    Give me a 4" slab. That's all I want HP!
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Physical keyboard, decent battery
  19.    #19  
    Well after the recent events I doubt that their will be a webos phone anytime soon. It's ashame because I started this thread not too long before the annoucement from HP. But I still can hope.

I don't mind a slab phone maybe 3.8in
    it can be a hassle sometimes to keep sliding the phone up to type.
    I would also love a much much better battery.The pre battery sucks and I know the pre 3 battery does too.
    Am I the only one around here to hate the new thin phones?

I find them awkward to hold.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast