• Do not want.

7 14.89%
  • Don't care.

7 14.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Ya, the usual, ultra slick with top specs mockup, what does everyone think?

I know its the physical keyboard fan in me that would take the pre 3 over this. But this is an awesome looking phone that I would still be happy to have.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Lol thanks, I'd choose the Pre3 too, but I wondered what it would take to make me switch back to a slab and it would probably be this.
    Nice mock up.
    HP should have released this phone instead of the Veer. They would have had sales numbers that they could be proud of with this bad boy.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Thanks, hey who knows, maybe this is what they're gearing up to announce...
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Depending on how much webOS has been optimized for running on dual-core processors, I think I might actually prefer the 1.4 GHz single-core processor of the Pre 3. Other than that it looks awesome!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    I would be all over this as long as HP doesn't require the magnetic adapters for 3.5mm headphone jack and charger like on the Veer.
    I dream of World Wide webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilover View Post
    I would be all over this as long as HP doesn't require the magnetic adapters for 3.5mm headphone jack and charger like on the Veer.
    I'd disagree with that. I wish they'd added the magnetic ports to the TouchPad and Pre3.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    It's thicker at the top and bottom, 3.5mm headphone jack on top and a micro usb on the side.
    "This design is full of fail.

1.2GHz dual core processor is already HIGHLY outdated and will be prehistoric when it actually comes out. What's the use. Plus I hear single-core processors are inherently more powerful. It's hard to imagine how HP could have made a worse decision except perhaps by using a Pentium I.

960x540 yaaaaawn, old hat. HP would only play catch up, and not even catch up with the best (RETINA). Needs more FULL HD. But webOS likely won't be around by the time FULL HD reaches phones next year.

1GB RAM was great... IN 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they need to ship it with 2GB or 4GB of ram to even make people look up from their DROIDs and EVOs. Looks like HP wants to make those TOO MANY CARDS errors iconic. Looks like the four people still waiting on webOS today are OK with it.

9mm thickness? Do you think HP could make it ANY thicker? lmao, and it looks like cheap toy plastic as well!

Touch To Share is useless and only a gimmick. I'm gonna wait until APPLE implements their version of it which will actually be useful and not a gimmick.. have you read those articles? It's even going to make a SOUND while transferring data. How cool is that? Leave it to Apple to actually make HP's trash work and leave it to HP to churn out useless trash like Touch To Share long before the time is right

12mp carl zeiss.... sounds like a nokia N8 ripoff lmao, seems like HP just wants to have THAT much success Is it going to have HDR pictures? Didn't think so, so pictures will be utterly crap anyway.

1.2mp front-facing needs to be much, much, much more. 1.2mp is like 2001 specs. If you're gonna say Apple doesn't do more... how much success is Apple having? And how much success is HP having?

Pentaband global phone is useless, all those foreigners care even less about this Pre than us Americans do. Once again HP fails to just make a phone for Sprint and reap the rewards. But that's OK. For a group of mentally handicapped monkeys, HP is doing a fairly OK job of selling one phone a year, and it looks like they're going to be able to double that rate!"

or at least that's what precentral would be plastered over with if your design was actually HP's
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 08/04/2011 at 12:44 PM.
    Nice design! I love this phone and would buy it today if I could.

It is not just what the phone is but when it comes out. The Pre 3 would be a solid competitor to the Fascinate, Droiid X, EVO 4G and iPhone 3GS but lifecycles are in months, not years.

The 720p 1.5GHz Vigor replaces the 7 month old ThunderBolt in October. The LG Revolution 2 replaces the LG Revolution after 5 months as well.

The HTC Vigor in October starts the 4.3" 720p displays. The iPhone 4 display is amazing but these 720p displays are a world beyond.

2012 CES is expected to launch the flood of 720p Samsung, LG, and Hitachi 4.5" edge-to-edge displays. The edge-to-edge 4.5" display itself is only 114 x 56 mm but you still need 5 mm top and bottom for camera, mic, and ear spearker.

The Galaxy S II's get 3x the battery life, is so thin, and weighs so little because of the SAMOLED+.

So if this is to be released in February, maybe keep the case size but make it 4.5" 720p SAMOLED+? That get's your weight down to around 120 ounces too.

Again, beautiful work.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/04/2011 at 03:50 PM.
    Is that the Nexus S?
    The speaker's not still on the back is it?
    Come play with my Twitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Thanks, hey who knows, maybe this is what they're gearing up to announce...
    I hope so. They need to announce something, and get a slab out as soon as possible. The webOS community loves it portrait sliders, but most people want the slab. The Slab!!!!
    Nice mockup but don't care much for the Carl Zeiss lens. You should have at least used a 3.2 lens for the front facing cam.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    wow, you should work for HP! This is the kind of design we need from them!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Nice design! I love this phone and would buy it today if I could.

Again, beautiful work.
    Thank you very much And good call on the Samoled+, that would make webOS look even more gorgeous.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Is that the Nexus S?
    The shape is a Nexus S shape, but I made it thinner and got rid of the reverse chin and glossy back.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMav View Post
    The speaker's not still on the back is it?
    Lol I didn't think of going that deep but I guess not, maybe small slits on each side in portrait and landscape? Doh, forgot to add Beats to the spec list
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Nice mockup but don't care much for the Carl Zeiss lens. You should have at least used a 3.2 lens for the front facing cam.
    Wow there's 3.2mp front facing cameras?! Did not know that! Lovely to know the other person can clearly see all the pores on my face
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    wow, you should work for HP! This is the kind of design we need from them!
    Hey thanks, very kind of you to say so, I'm free nowadays so HP is welcome to add me to their team
    Last edited by i_maq; 08/05/2011 at 04:28 AM.

Wait a minute! This design is much like a Samsung Galaxy S II.

HP does not make phones. Palm never made a phone either. In fact Samsung made one of the Treo's.

We have heard the rumors that HP might be getting another phone source. Why not get Samsung to do a Galaxy S II with webOS? It would look like the dream phone you have designed.

The Galaxy S II hardware today gives almost everything we dream of in a future Pre and more:
    • 1.2GHz dual core
    • 1GB RAM
    • Even Thinner design
    • SAMOLED+ display
    • 3x battery life
    • Full Near Field Communication (NFC) with any NFC device not just a paired HP.
    • microSD (64GB cards are coming Q4)!
    • USB OTG Host (connect a USB flash drive, etc.)
    • Bluetooth 3.0 for much higher speeds (BT keyboards, mouse, etc.)
    • HDMI (already have adapter cables to VGA & RCA)
    • DLNA
    • Digital Zoom
    • 1080p recording
    • 2 MP front camera (up from the 1.2MP we are hoping for)

Best of all it has been shipping since April so you would not be waiting forever for hardware. And if you got on board now for the Galaxy S II, you could port over to the Galaxy S III at CES 2012.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/04/2011 at 04:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    LOL I'll be honest, I don't really follow the dozens of Android clone device specs but you're right! Think we're on to something here Milo! Quick, to the HP-mobile!
    Imaq, you're got us all dreaming of the Samsung Galaxy S II which has been available to you in the UK since April 27th!

But seriously, maybe just fill in the rest of the specs and go see it and tell us what you think?

Then maybe start another thread with what we would want in April 2012?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast