Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    I've been thinking a lot about this and as someone who's really looking forward to a 7" webOS tablet, I've come up with some features that would be advantageous for HP to include in the Opal.

• Ultra Slim and light form factor. 7" devices are designed with portability in mind, why not make a feature and a unique selling point out of it: "The HP TouchPad7: the thinnest and lightest 7" ultraportable tablet you can buy, all the power of webOS no matter where you are". Or something along those lines.

• 3G/4G (geo-dependent) option AT RELEASE! Not a month or 2 months later, as soon as it's released. Why? Because this is your portable webOS powerhouse HP, it's so light and thin that everybody will be carrying it everywhere, so it NEEDS cellular connectivity straight away.

• Front and rear cameras: once again, emphasis on portability, people like to take snapshots. Taking a photo with a 10" tablet in the street is slightly ridiculous, 7", not so bad. If your webOS phone is in your pocket and your tablet is out while you're reading/browsing/gaming on it and you want to take a quick snapshot, the option should be there! Make it a 1080p video recorder too and it's a bonus.

• Variety of back cover finishes, soft touch, glossy, whatever, it's a nice touch.

• Digital Pen: This could be another nice selling point, putting it up against HTC's Flyer, good for students/road warriors, writers, artists etc. I know as an architect/designer I myself would like to have a little book sized device that I can quickly sketch on when talking design with someone.

Those are the main things I thought of, here's a few rubbish mockups:

If this helped you hit thanks.
    What The Opal (7" TouchPad) Needs To Be:
    ... mine!!

(Little joke, folk! Little joke... )

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Ha true, also, I stole your sig emote
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Ha true, also, I stole your sig emote
    Well, I has create this emote five years ago, but the original was this:

Treo 650 Rules!!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    I've been thinking a lot about this and as someone who's really looking forward to a 7" webOS tablet, I've come up with some features that would be advantageous for HP to include in the Opal.

• Ultra Slim and light form factor. 7" devices are designed with portability in mind, why not make a feature and a unique selling point out of it: "The HP TouchPad7: the thinnest and lightest 7" ultraportable tablet you can buy, all the power of webOS no matter where you are". Or something along those lines.

• 3G/4G (geo-dependent) option AT RELEASE! Not a month or 2 months later, as soon as it's released. Why? Because this is your portable webOS powerhouse HP, it's so light and thin that everybody will be carrying it everywhere, so it NEEDS cellular connectivity straight away.

• Front and rear cameras: once again, emphasis on portability, people like to take snapshots. Taking a photo with a 10" tablet in the street is slightly ridiculous, 7", not so bad. If your webOS phone is in your pocket and your tablet is out while you're reading/browsing/gaming on it and you want to take a quick snapshot, the option should be there! Make it a 1080p video recorder too and it's a bonus.

• Variety of back cover finishes, soft touch, glossy, whatever, it's a nice touch.

• Digital Pen: This could be another nice selling point, putting it up against HTC's Flyer, good for students/road warriors, writers, artists etc. I know as an architect/designer I myself would like to have a little book sized device that I can quickly sketch on when talking design with someone.

Those are the main things I thought of, here's a few rubbish mockups:

HP needs to call it Touch Canvas or something like that and have built in photo and video exiting software INCLUDED. The touchpad being a bigger more general tablet while touch canvas being for the creative types (kinda like you hinted at).
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Agreed, I'd love something like that.
    It's unique and refreshing.