Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
Like Tree9Likes
  1. 22350's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
       #1  
    Flying cars or the next webos phone??
  2. #2  
    dude, flying cars have been around for decades.

    http://f00.inventorspot.com/images/Flying car--taylor
    threed61#WN likes this.
  3. 22350's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    dude, flying cars have been around for decades.

    http://f00.inventorspot.com/images/Flying car--taylor
    You can bet HP doesn't make them.
    threed61#WN and GTAFan9999 like this.
  4. #4  
    Flying pigs?
  5. #5  
    I'm sure the egg was first not the chicken.
  6. #6  
    yah, and the flying pigs fried that bird up good n proper!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I'm sure the egg was first not the chicken.
    The egg definitely came before the chicken. FACT
  8. #8  
    The question is poorly specified. If the question is as follows the argument gets more complex:-

    Which came first the chicken or the chicken egg? They probably mutated as a population from chicken like birds. The taxonomy of defining at what point it becomes a new species is largely scientific semantics.
  9. 22350's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
       #9  
    It's so great!! We have waited so long for a new webos phone, that we are actually discussing chicken evolution.

    You hear that HP??
    GTAFan9999 likes this.
  10. gtief's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 22350 View Post
    It's so great!! We have waited so long for a new webos phone, that we are actually discussing chicken evolution.

    You hear that HP??
    We learn to think in evolutionary timeframes, i. e. a couple of thousands years ! Pre 3, the hot mobile of the year 7500 !
    22350 likes this.
  11. #11  
    FYI..... Who's on first & What's on second.
    Gack likes this.
  12. #12  
    Next webOS phone will come in either October/November or at or around CES in January.
  13. #13  
    Flying phones will come first because everyone will be throwing their phones out the window in a fit of rage.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Next webOS phone will come in either October/November or at or around CES in January.

    Sadly, I don't think that will be the case now.
  15. 22350's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
       #15  
    Unfortunately, I think that I am officially done waiting.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Sadly, I don't think that will be the case now.
    Sadly, I think you're right.
    But I don't think anybody could have anticipated that HP wants to get out of the hardware game - in fact, there is some evidence that even a bunch of high-up HP execs didn't anticipate the move before it was announced and only learned of the plan to spin off or sell the entire Personal Systems Group.

    So now the next webOS phone will come
    a) never (if no OEM licenses webOS)
    or
    b) not before CES (if one of the future OEMs switches tracks for one of their existing smartphone projects and puts webOS on hardware that's already being developed but that was originally intended for WP7 or Android. This is probably not a trivial matter, but it's also nothing that couldn't be done within half a year.)
  17. #17  
    HP equals Henny-Penny.

    She forecasted disaster, when it wasn't as bad as she thought.

    From Wikipedia: Henny Penny, also known as Chicken Licken or Chicken Little, is a fable in the form of a cumulative tale about a chicken who believes the world is coming to an end. The phrase The sky is falling! features prominently in the story, and has passed into the English language as a common idiom indicating a hysterical or mistaken belief that disaster is imminent.
    "Everybody Palm!"

    Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  18. 22350's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
       #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    HP equals Henny-Penny.

    She forecasted disaster, when it wasn't as bad as she thought.

    From Wikipedia: Henny Penny, also known as Chicken Licken or Chicken Little, is a fable in the form of a cumulative tale about a chicken who believes the world is coming to an end. The phrase The sky is falling! features prominently in the story, and has passed into the English language as a common idiom indicating a hysterical or mistaken belief that disaster is imminent.
    no.... it's that bad
  19. d3ac0n's Avatar
    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    #19  
    WebOS will be sold as is to either HTC or Samsung. No licenses. Sold.
  20. 22350's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
       #20  
    I don't think anyone will buy it. Android already holds the market as an Ios option.

    It doesn't matter if webos is better. Android already has the app universe in place.

    No one is going to buy webos, ride out the developer curve, so that they can get a market share they already have.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions