Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    Fisrt, let me say I don't know who these reps are, or how much they actually know about anything. But I was at best buy and they were not camped out at the display as one would expect. I had to hunt them down after a store guy told me they were there.

He did not have a palm/hp phone, it was some slab phone I did not recognize. I asked him if there was any talk of bringing back the wave launcher or minicards, and he did not know what they were. I had to show him the wave launcher on my pre2.

So I asked about future products and sprint, he said that he had seen the pictures of a slab phone that hp is working on and that he also knows that they are ramping up support for all three carriers. Whatever that's worth.
    well I dont trust HP reps either. My salesman rep at HP for my TP told me soo much inaccurate information
    you were probably talking to a contracted marketing person. I forget the company name, but it's an outside party that represents HP. I saw / spoke to one too. They are NOT knowledgeable at all.
    bcorbino likes this.
    i'm sure HP would like to get support from all three major carriers, but the question is will all three support HP....
    The HP guy at our local BB was nice and very talkative....But sadly did not know to much about WebOS or the current devices. It was a good shot but HP needs to do better. I mean I would have loved to do that job part time for fun...and I watch all of the news. The news rep didn't even know what WebOS internals was....LOL
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    OK, now I don't feel so bad about not getting the chance to talk to the "hp guy" yesterday - it appeared to be a Grandmother/mother/daughter team that him quite occupied. Hope they bought something...
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    you were probably talking to a contracted marketing person. I forget the company name, but it's an outside party that represents HP. I saw / spoke to one too. They are NOT knowledgeable at all.
    The HP reps in Best Buy stores are contracted marketing reps, I spoke to one yesterday, and asked him if he worked for HP, and that's what he told me.
    ....I heard from a man who prefers to stay anonymous, who heard from another anonymous tipster, who's mother works for HP that heard from Ruby himself that HP is planning to buy Sprint out and become it's own carrier.

This is my way of saying I don't trust these reps even if I talked with one myself.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    went to buy a touchpad at BB and the HP Rep was there because someone had bricked the TP demo unit.

I asked about the pre3 he said that ATT in and that HP is still negotiating with the other two big carriers. He said he would not mention them by name while they are negotiating.

Pass the salt.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    You know, I've been seeing rumors for years now when it comes to webOS be it via Palm, or HP.
    I'm to the point now where I don't even speculate. If its not available for purchase... it might as well not exist. Anticipation with webOS... ha. Might as well waste my day away dreaming I could live on Pandora in Avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by dohcstunr View Post
    You know, I've been seeing rumors for years now when it comes to webOS be it via Palm, or HP.
    I'm to the point now where I don't even speculate. If its not available for purchase... it might as well not exist. Anticipation with webOS... ha. Might as well waste my day away dreaming I could live on Pandora in Avatar.
    Well, in-store HP reps should be a bit more reliable than minimum-wage BB or Radioshack employees.

I mean, for weeks I've been reading about BB reps who say that the Touchpad will be a train-wreck, but I've got one and it's awesome.

With the Touchpad, I find I don't even use my Pre- that much, except for BT connections and Freetether. So Sprint can take its time, imho.
    Wondering about that myself. Not really into spending half a grand on the big touchpad, but, maybe Opal. I mean seriously, Pre Plus on sprint for another 6 months or so in conjunction with the Opal followed by a year or so of Pre2 on Sprint with the Opal.

Save me 10 dollars a month for 18 months or so is 180 buck for the stupid data fee and add in whatever I would have paid for a Pre 3, or worse, a keyboardless slab phone on Sprint.

I say let Sprint take their time and I'll be happy with an Opal and FrankenDevices.
    Quote Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
    I say let Sprint take their time and I'll be happy with an Opal and FrankenDevices.
    +1. I am sticking with webOS AND Sprint.

My Pre- did everything I wanted for two years. Now I'm bumping to a Sprintified Pre+, which will satisfy me hopefully through the end of this year. When the Pre3 is released, it will be inexpensive to upgrade to a FrankenPre2. I'm willing to ride that for a year or so, waiting for Sprint to finally get something new in webOS.

Looking at the way HP pumps out PCs, I've got to believe that new tablet models/builds will start happening quickly. I really, really want a TouchPad, and the QVC deal is very tempting, but I'm going to hold off and see what the next release brings. I'll just have to rely on my phone and current laptop for a while longer.
    - Bubba
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    ....I heard from a man who prefers to stay anonymous, who heard from another anonymous tipster, who's mother works for HP that heard from Ruby himself that HP is planning to buy Sprint out and become it's own carrier.

This is my way of saying I don't trust these reps even if I talked with one myself.
    Now you sound like an editor for Boy Genius Report...
    this sucks. I really wanted the sprint 3 for sprint.
    I could actually see HP not bothering with the pre3 for an initial. Really any slider is a polarizing feature. It seems that slabs are much, much more popular.

It's probably best to highlight webos with a slab and then have a pre form factor available (but not really advertised) for those that want it.

Obviously small phones like the veer are an exception; you need a sliding keyboard on something that small to make it usable. Of course you do lose some coherency if you have both slabs and sliders, but I still think a slab is the way to go (even though I want the pre3).
    Quote Originally Posted by thehomelessguy View Post
    I could actually see HP not bothering with the pre3 for an initial. Really any slider is a polarizing feature. It seems that slabs are much, much more popular.

It's probably best to highlight webos with a slab and then have a pre form factor available (but not really advertised) for those that want it.

Obviously small phones like the veer are an exception; you need a sliding keyboard on something that small to make it usable. Of course you do lose some coherency if you have both slabs and sliders, but I still think a slab is the way to go (even though I want the pre3).
    this make sense - not sure it was HPs plan or a good one - any plan should have ditched the Pre name.

but releasing TP, pre2/3 veer etc may have given them more realworld feedback on what they need to fix for a slab release. Still ... seems uncoordinated marketing approach ...

when webos gets to their PCs/printers etc - we may finally have "game on" - assuming it comes out of the gate good ...
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Just got off the phone with customer service to cancel 1 of my 4 lines on my family plan. Representative asks "anything else? Can i upgrade you today?" and i say "no, I'm waiting to see where the pre3 and new webos phones land, and i might leave sprint. Unfortunately, it'll be for device selection" to which he replies "we have 100% internal confirmation of new webos device launch in fall, so don't leave sprint for device reasons too early." I asked him 2 or 3 times to repeat himself, and he did! He said the documents did not specify device name (i.e. pre3 vs other), just webOS (hell could be Touchpad with WiMAX for all he knew)

Now I know there have been 1 million threads on "new device on sprint", and most of you are gonnna call bull**** on this post. Just wanted to share my experience with sprint today.
    RoverNole likes this.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah, the problem is the release date. Even if it is a new webOS phone maybe a veer? Or hopefully a newer phone slab type =] but fall runs to nov... And honestly WiMAX six so much sprint is ditching it =x so if its now lte its not worth it!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I want to have faith that a new webOS device is coming to sprint but the reps will tell you what ever it takes to get to not to cancel service. If it does, it will be fall of next year, right after they announce the official end of summer pre3 release date.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast