Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    Wow... talk about fair weather friends...

So many complaints about HP/Palm not being cutting edge enough. Then a rumor surfaces about a new phone and without seeing a single real fact, people are condemning HP for getting it all wrong. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. I think too many people here just like to hear themselves complain.

As for me. I'll wait for something real and then base my opinions on what's real, not what's imagined. Relax!!!

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    I would be willing to give it a try.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts

So many complaints about HP/Palm not being cutting edge enough. Then a rumor surfaces about a new phone and without seeing a single real fact, people are condemning HP for getting it all wrong. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. I think too many people here just like to hear themselves complain.

As for me. I'll wait for something real and then base my opinions on what's real, not what's imagined. Relax!!!
    Yep. And it's supposedly coming to Sprint too! No hurrahs for that! But over 200 Sprint whines on the front page on the Skype article!
    NNJ

Very true but most are complaining about the 3D. Take away the 3D gimmick portion of it and we've got a winner!!!!

* 4G
    * Virtual keyboard (if no other choice, I could live w/o a physical KB)
    * 32 GB memory
    * SD storage

FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    hmmm...me thinks they will use this mystery 3d phone (if this is even true) to go against iphone5
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    hmmm...me thinks they will use this mystery 3d phone (if this is even true) to go against iphone5

At first I was upset, because I want the Pre 3 & not some 3D gimmick; but if Sprint does end up getting the iPhone 5 (or whatever Apple decides to call it) in the fall, webOS will need 3D or some other marketing ploy in order to compete.

As much as I like the Pre 3, the average consumer probably will not pick it over the new iPhone. Sprint knows what it's future road map looks like, and if they do carry the CDMA iPhone it would be better for HP to have a more "cutting edge" device, with 3D, 4G or whatever.
  7. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    lotta buzz about webos right now . . .
    No one ever hinted or no rumors ever went around of any new webOS phone like the Veer or Pre3 until they were announced.
    so im pretty sure this is nothing..
    Is the general population (or even more specifically techies) clamoring for 3D? Can they come up with something a bit better for the next iteration of phones other than the 3D gimmick?
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I doubt that HP would do this, the webOS team has so much to do still.. Just think about it, after they get the TouchPad up to snuff they need to immediately begin porting webOS 3.x to webOS phones (Pre 2, Veer, Pre 3). On top of that their intention is to polish it more than they ever have. So to add 3D support here seems very unlikely, especially when 3D seems to be dying again. There was a report a few weeks ago that movie studios were seeing larger gaps in 3D patronage vs. 2D (favoring 2D) in the US.

If anything HP wants to get webOS ahead in features.. Not waste resources on gimmicks.
    just please don't call it the Pre 3D
    Feels a little late for me. My Pre Minus needs to be replaced now, not in two months and the EVO 3D is coming out in a week....So between an Android slab with a 3D gimmick now and a webOS slab with a 3D gimmick in a couple of months, I think I'm leaning towards the Android slab now. Maybe I'll be able to satisfy my webOS cravings with a nice 7 inch tablet by November. But for now, I'll probably go with the Android phone which is coming out now.

The upside is that it looks like HP is putting the pieces together to finally create credible webOS ecosystem. The downside is that their progress has been so slow and uneven that it will probably take them a couple of years for them to build up enough momentum to be a credible third platform vs Android and Apple.
    Don't get your hopes up. Until I see girls dressed in white robes jumping out of my phone saying: "Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope."....it's not a 3D phone.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    I don't understand all the complaining, I take this as a good sign cuz hp is looking at current trends and creaating products to excite people... I don't need 3d but it excites me to think of what could come in the future if this pans out to b true...
    I really don't want it. I don't want a slab. I've had a hardware keyboard for the past 6 years, and I have zero complaints.

However, if it's my only option on Sprint to stick with webOS and not pay several hundred dollars more a year for Verizon... I guess I'll have to take it.

It just seems a little out there. And we haven't heard of anything in the SDK about 3D capabilities, with this device being only two months out? Just a little hard to believe.

I just want some freaking news. Give me a general release date for it, or I may end up paying the premium to get a webOS device, as much as I would hate to do.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Agree whole heartedly. Precentral has become Whinecentral. I am interested in learning more about this phone.
    I used to believe in HP
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i would miss the hardware keyboard as well, but if they could intergrate swype into the OS that would be awesome!
    the reason i find this bogus is why would a phone have an sd slot and the touchpad not. 32 gig is good but i hope they have a 16 gig option too. as for the 3d rumor, its nice i guess but to make it wwork right u probably have to spend lots and lots of resources, that in my opinion would be better invested in smoother, better webos functionalities.

also, 3d, 4g, webos, all i can say is the batt better be over 2000 milli amps. cuz holy crap this thing is gonna burn!!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    a product like this is crucial for webos success; however they will need an option with a physical keyboard to keep my business.
    honestly HP really needs to allow atleast 2 other venders to produce smartphones like samsung and HTC. They need to start saturating the market with Webos, to be able to catch up on market share. Otherwise they need to ramp up production on form factors and get them out the door within weeks of each other, on all major networks, because honestly this is getting kinda bad with the long delays IMO.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast