1.    #1  
    Thought I'd kick off this forum...

Digging through an old article: Rumor: Could HP's recent trademark filings suggest Palm device names? | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

So now we've seen the Veer. Any wild guesses on what Myte and Gyst might be?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Slab phone and pre-3?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    I would say one of them (Myte) is the slab phone. The other isn't the Pre3. That's already been named. It could be the netbook we have heard about or just a name to use for another smartphone.

Btw, looks like McKinney's prediction of new form factor every two months is starting. Veer in May. TouchPad in July. I expect the Pre3 in late Aug/Sept. The slab phone should be coming right around start of December.
    hopefully one of those is a smaller touchpad, like maybe 7 inches?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    hopefully one of those is a smaller touchpad, like maybe 7 inches?
    Good point. But to me, it just doesn't fit with the tablet naming. We shall see.
    Smaller TouchPad is the Opal, right?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Smaller TouchPad is the Opal, right?
    I think Opal is the codename, much like Topaz was TouchPad, but Touchpad wasn't Topaz. Neither Opal nor Topaz was trademarked.

Versus Veer, Gyst and Myte, they are trademarked at USPTO.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Here's hoping that "Myte" is as in "mite," a tiny bug, and is a device with the form factor of the Pixi.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Here's hoping that "Myte" is as in "mite," a tiny bug, and is a device with the form factor of the Pixi.
    Can also sound like "might", as in "mighty". Works for a "superphone" name.

Not sure with associating a phone with termites is a good idea.

Yes, the "might" is likely intended as well. But I'm hoping it's a play on both "might" and "mite," because we need a new Pixi. The Veer is not a Pixi replacement.

Mighty Mite is a name people might recognize, as it is used in lots of different applications. Perhaps HP was banking on that.

Anyway, all wild speculation.

ETA: Apparently I'm not the only one to make this speculation.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/16/h...nd-veer-new-p/
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Myte: HP Veer Plus
    Gyst: HP Pre 3 Plus

/sarcasm
    It is possible that they trademarked the names with no real intention for them. Or they might have intended to give one of them to the Pre 3, but then decided on naming it the Pre 3 instead.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I'm not sure whether to wait a couple of months to see if Palm is coming out with the Myte and Gyst or just cave in and buy a Galaxy SII after waiting for a Palm Pre 3 for so long
    webos laptop/netbook and webos watch?
    I don't think (although I could be wrong) that HP is going to overthrow all of their laptop/netbook/printer naming schemes and established names just for webOS, especially not if all PCs and all printers above a certain price points will ship with webOS in the foreseeable future. I reckon we'll still have HP Pavilions and HP Minis running webOS.

I can really see the slab phone being called the Myte, but I'm really curious about Gyst (and kinda wondering why they didn't spell tinyphone as 'Vyr', still pronounced as 'Veer'). TouchPads will remain TouchPads - maybe we'll have a TouchPad XL and a TouchPad L or something in the future, but I don't see them overthrowing that name.

Since all the rumors about a webOS wristwatch didn't pan out - we'll only have a Veer wriststrap and a Fossil metawatch - I suppose Gyst could be another smartphone form factor... Horizontal slider? Something crazy and unexpected?
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Yeah, a veer stuffed into a pixi-esque body, cause I'm tired of sliders, the pre burned me badly, no more sliders from hp/palm for me :/