1.    #1  
    Has anyone figured out how to stretch to fit a picture to fill the TP screen?

Thanks in advance.

Jon
  2.    #2  
    Anyone... ?
    your images need to be 1024x1024 in size.
    Quote Originally Posted by victorkruger View Post
    Isn't the correct resolution 1024 768?
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
  5. macdavepro
    The correct resolution is 1024x1024 as victorkruger said. If you're on a mac grab one of the stock wallpapers and open it in Preview to get resolution details. If you're on a PC... um... count the pixels?

One thing to note: if your image is greater than 1024x1024 in size the screen settings apps autocrops it to fit the screen.
  6.    #6  
    Thank you!
  7. macdavepro
    I made a few to get everybody started.

HP TouchPad wallpapers - a set on Flickr
    If on a PC open picture, right click Properties to see resolution
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm M515 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre+ at&t - HP 32G Touchpad - HP Pre3 at&t
    Someone can correct me if I'm way off here, but I think if you use 'Pix' (great app btw), then it will auto stretch if you select the set as wallpaper option. I think.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Some where there is a thread or a mention of how to do this on the TouchPad. I believe it goes something like this.

1. Open the image with Photo & Videos app
    2. Use pinch-to-zoom to re-size to fill the screen
    3. Take a screen capture (press and hold the center button and then press the power button)
    4. Your screen capture is now available to be selected as wallpaper in the Screen & Lock app

Hope this helps.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by victorkruger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iprice View Post
    Isn't the correct resolution 1024 768?
    1024x1024 gives you a cropped photo in both orientations. 1024x768 will give you a pixel-for-pixel full screen photo in the landscape, but it will be zoomed to the middle, so you'll only see the middle half (nearly a quarter will be cut off on each side). If you always want to see your full photo, you'll need to go to 768x768, but then you'll always have gray bars on either the sides or the top & bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by steffej3 View Post
    Someone can correct me if I'm way off here, but I think if you use 'Pix' (great app btw), then it will auto stretch if you select the set as wallpaper option. I think.
    No app can do the stretching/zooming at the moment on the TouchPad. There's a bug filed with HP and hopefully this is fixed soon. My current app Slide RSS does this fine on the phone devices, but can't (for now) do it on the TouchPad and my soon-to-be-released app Wall Switch will behave similarly.

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Some where there is a thread or a mention of how to do this on the TouchPad. I believe it goes something like this.

1. Open the image with Photo & Videos app
    2. Use pinch-to-zoom to re-size to fill the screen
    3. Take a screen capture (press and hold the center button and then press the power button)
    4. Your screen capture is now available to be selected as wallpaper in the Screen & Lock app

Hope this helps.
    This is the only workaround right now (written up as a tip by Adam), unless an app were to transfer the photo to the cloud and then bring it back onto the device.
    I am using interfacelift right now for the Veer's and the TP. Great selection and not to hard to change it up whenever you feel like it.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    <<thread moved>>
    how can you change the background or wallpaper on the launcher screen (apps, download favorites setting)?
    Last edited by aealmanza; 08/29/2011 at 08:53 PM.