1.    #1  
    Greetings...

I'm on a quest to address a long-standing pet peeve of mine (it happens in the car, too, with the built-in bluetooth, but that's beyond the scope of these forums).

When connected via BT to my Pre3 and ignoring a call, the TP continues to ring. I tried to adapt the webOS 2.2.4 call block do not answer or unknown patch from here, which almost works (the jsjsjs $is$ $quite$ $similar$ $under$ $3$.$0$.$5$), $however$, $once$ $the$ $notification$ $comes$ $up$ $that$ $the$ $call$ $is$ $being$ $ignored$, $I$ $can$'$t$ $get$ $it$ $to$ $clear$, $so$ $obviously$, $I$'$m$ $missing$ $something$ $to$ $dismiss$ $the$ $notification$ ($I$'$ve$ $not$ $scripted$ $anything$ $for$ $the$ $TP$ $before$).

Any thoughts on this?

Also, a better solution overall would be to just be able to tell the TP when a call is ignored instead of having it ring. The above patch makes the TP check the incoming caller against the Do Not Answer contact, which is a heavy-handed kludge. Better would be some mechanism for the phone to either delay sending the incoming call or to notify the TP that the call has been ignored and not to act on it at all.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisR View Post
    Greetings...

I'm on a quest to address a long-standing pet peeve of mine (it happens in the car, too, with the built-in bluetooth, but that's beyond the scope of these forums).

When connected via BT to my Pre3 and ignoring a call, the TP continues to ring. I tried to adapt the webOS 2.2.4 call block do not answer or unknown patch from here, which almost works (the jsjsjs $is$ $quite$ $similar$ $under$ $3$.$0$.$5$), $however$, $once$ $the$ $notification$ $comes$ $up$ $that$ $the$ $call$ $is$ $being$ $ignored$, $I$ $can$'$t$ $get$ $it$ $to$ $clear$, $so$ $obviously$, $I$'$m$ $missing$ $something$ $to$ $dismiss$ $the$ $notification$ ($I$'$ve$ $not$ $scripted$ $anything$ $for$ $the$ $TP$ $before$).

Any thoughts on this?

Also, a better solution overall would be to just be able to tell the TP when a call is ignored instead of having it ring. The above patch makes the TP check the incoming caller against the Do Not Answer contact, which is a heavy-handed kludge. Better would be some mechanism for the phone to either delay sending the incoming call or to notify the TP that the call has been ignored and not to act on it at all.

Cheers
    Lewis - I don't know if you checked in your BT menu (Pre3 and TP) there is an i beside the device connected. If you press the "i" it will give you another menu which allows you to turn off "mirror phone calls". To be on the safe side I do this in both the Pre3 and the TP. It can be embarrassing when you've put your phone on silent ring for a meeting and then your TP starts ringing.