webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  TouchPad Patches > Luna CE: lunasysmgr is not compatible with this webOS version
Luna CE: lunasysmgr is not compatible with this webOS version

Old 01/08/2013, 02:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

i am trying to install beta version of LunaCE but i had this error when it tries to install:

lunasysmgr is not compatible with this webOS version
yeahman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2013, 03:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

You should install recovery lunasysmgr from preware, reboot, then install lunace, reboot and report results.
if you get an error, email log to yourself and post.
Old 01/08/2013, 06:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
You should install recovery lunasysmgr from preware, reboot, then install lunace, reboot and report results.
if you get an error, email log to yourself and post.
correct but worded a bit weird for newbies, in preware just search for LUNA, and install the palm version first, reboot, then the CE variant should install after that.
Old 01/09/2013, 01:36 AM   #4 (permalink)

Are you on a TouchPad Go or anything? I remember back then LunaCE was not compatible with the Go, but then again it shouldn't come up on a Go unless both TouchPad branches use the same feeds.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2013, 01:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

i didnt even think to ask if hes got 3.0.5, might have an old un-updated touchpad.
Old 01/09/2013, 06:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

Since the only GO doctors I have seen is for 3.0.4 only, its not surprising its not compatible.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if some has a variant that works....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Are you on a TouchPad Go or anything? I remember back then LunaCE was not compatible with the Go, but then again it shouldn't come up on a Go unless both TouchPad branches use the same feeds.
MudShark22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2013, 08:03 AM   #7 (permalink)

i have installed palm lunasysmrg before launching lunace but got the same error.. i tried to upgrade my touchpad yesterday to 3.0.5 but the update failed .. no error description why it failed... i am on 3.0.4 atm..is 3.0.4 incompatible?

dunno why update failed... is it because i have android installed on my touchpad?
Old 01/09/2013, 10:33 AM   #8 (permalink)

i removed all patches and attempted a new upgrade.. still failed to instal.. will try webosdoctor but i don't know what version i should dload? 3.0.4 or 3.0.5 ... my current touchpad version is 3.0.4

will i lose android if i webosdoctor it?
Old 01/09/2013, 10:47 AM   #9 (permalink)

That makes sense. LunaCE is only for 3.0.5. Does your OTA work? If you Doctor, you'll have to reinstall the Android bootloader after Doctoring.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 01/09/2013, 11:47 AM   #10 (permalink)

so i need to dload webosdoctor 3.0.5 right? OTA failed 5 times even after i removed all my patches
Old 01/09/2013, 11:52 AM   #11 (permalink)

any tutorial to install the android bootloader only?
Old 01/09/2013, 02:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

ok webosdoctor it to 3.0.5 and lunace succesfully installed!! finally and i reinstalled android using ACMEinstaller

my lunaCE is 4.9.5... is the latest version.. i have seen 4.9.10 on some youtube videos... but only 4.9.5 available on my preware
Old 01/09/2013, 02:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

You need to enable the alpha feeds to get any newer versions. Remember Alpha items are riskier to use than Beta items.
Old 07/11/2013, 11:33 AM   #14 (permalink)

I know this is an old thread but I'm having the same problem. TP is 3.0.5 but I can't find syslunamgr in preware to install. Any suggestions for my obvious user error?
Superjudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/2013, 12:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
I know this is an old thread but I'm having the same problem. TP is 3.0.5 but I can't find syslunamgr in preware to install. Any suggestions for my obvious user error?
Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

have you read/done the requirements in the wiki above to enable the alpha/beta feeds as well?
Old 07/11/2013, 12:48 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

have you read/done the requirements in the wiki above to enable the alpha/beta feeds as well?
Yes. All I see in preware now are beta feeds. That's where I figure I am missing something.
Old 07/11/2013, 02:15 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
Yes. All I see in preware now are beta feeds. That's where I figure I am missing something.
so, started by uninstalling preware?

then use xterm/wosqi terminal or any other variant, then use the mkdir/touch commands mentioned in the wiki
for both alpha/beta feeds.

re-install preware from wosqi.

run preware and manage feeds to make sure everything is ticked that should be and unticked that shouldnt, should be a fair few feeds in there, i think i have 23 with the only other additions being from project-mcaw's feed and apptuckerbox.

also even tho it looks like your feeds are being checked at launch you should do a manual feed update.
Old 07/11/2013, 04:11 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
so, started by uninstalling preware?

then use xterm/wosqi terminal or any other variant, then use the mkdir/touch commands mentioned in the wiki
for both alpha/beta feeds.

re-install preware from wosqi.

run preware and manage feeds to make sure everything is ticked that should be and unticked that shouldnt, should be a fair few feeds in there, i think i have 23 with the only other additions being from project-mcaw's feed and apptuckerbox.

also even tho it looks like your feeds are being checked at launch you should do a manual feed update.
Yeah I uninstalled preware and enabled beta feeds via webosqi terminal. I'll take a look when I get back home after work and see if I have that many feeds.
Old 09/08/2013, 10:22 PM   #19 (permalink)

After many repeated try's with WOSQI and Excutah I still can't alpha or beta feeds to show up in "manage feeds" after re-installing Preware. Any suggestions accepted.
jimzarc45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2013, 12:07 AM   #20 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Did you remove Preware first? Ran the requested commands via WOSQI and re-added Preware via WOSQI?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

Last edited by Herrie; 09/09/2013 at 03:23 AM.
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: jimzarc45

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0