Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. yeahman45's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
       #1  
    i am trying to install beta version of LunaCE but i had this error when it tries to install:

    lunasysmgr is not compatible with this webOS version
  2. #2  
    You should install recovery lunasysmgr from preware, reboot, then install lunace, reboot and report results.
    if you get an error, email log to yourself and post.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    You should install recovery lunasysmgr from preware, reboot, then install lunace, reboot and report results.
    if you get an error, email log to yourself and post.
    correct but worded a bit weird for newbies, in preware just search for LUNA, and install the palm version first, reboot, then the CE variant should install after that.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  4. #4  
    Are you on a TouchPad Go or anything? I remember back then LunaCE was not compatible with the Go, but then again it shouldn't come up on a Go unless both TouchPad branches use the same feeds.
  5. #5  
    i didnt even think to ask if hes got 3.0.5, might have an old un-updated touchpad.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  6. #6  
    Since the only GO doctors I have seen is for 3.0.4 only, its not surprising its not compatible.

    Though I wouldn't be surprised if some has a variant that works....

    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Are you on a TouchPad Go or anything? I remember back then LunaCE was not compatible with the Go, but then again it shouldn't come up on a Go unless both TouchPad branches use the same feeds.
  7. yeahman45's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
       #7  
    i have installed palm lunasysmrg before launching lunace but got the same error.. i tried to upgrade my touchpad yesterday to 3.0.5 but the update failed .. no error description why it failed... i am on 3.0.4 atm..is 3.0.4 incompatible?

    dunno why update failed... is it because i have android installed on my touchpad?
  8. yeahman45's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
       #8  
    i removed all patches and attempted a new upgrade.. still failed to instal.. will try webosdoctor but i don't know what version i should dload? 3.0.4 or 3.0.5 ... my current touchpad version is 3.0.4

    will i lose android if i webosdoctor it?
  9. #9  
    That makes sense. LunaCE is only for 3.0.5. Does your OTA work? If you Doctor, you'll have to reinstall the Android bootloader after Doctoring.
  10. yeahman45's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
       #10  
    so i need to dload webosdoctor 3.0.5 right? OTA failed 5 times even after i removed all my patches
  11. yeahman45's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
       #11  
    any tutorial to install the android bootloader only?
  12. yeahman45's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
       #12  
    ok webosdoctor it to 3.0.5 and lunace succesfully installed!! finally and i reinstalled android using ACMEinstaller

    my lunaCE is 4.9.5... is the latest version.. i have seen 4.9.10 on some youtube videos... but only 4.9.5 available on my preware
  13. #13  
    You need to enable the alpha feeds to get any newer versions. Remember Alpha items are riskier to use than Beta items.
  14. #14  
    I know this is an old thread but I'm having the same problem. TP is 3.0.5 but I can't find syslunamgr in preware to install. Any suggestions for my obvious user error?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    I know this is an old thread but I'm having the same problem. TP is 3.0.5 but I can't find syslunamgr in preware to install. Any suggestions for my obvious user error?
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

    have you read/done the requirements in the wiki above to enable the alpha/beta feeds as well?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

    have you read/done the requirements in the wiki above to enable the alpha/beta feeds as well?
    Yes. All I see in preware now are beta feeds. That's where I figure I am missing something.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Yes. All I see in preware now are beta feeds. That's where I figure I am missing something.
    so, started by uninstalling preware?

    then use xterm/wosqi terminal or any other variant, then use the mkdir/touch commands mentioned in the wiki
    for both alpha/beta feeds.

    re-install preware from wosqi.

    run preware and manage feeds to make sure everything is ticked that should be and unticked that shouldnt, should be a fair few feeds in there, i think i have 23 with the only other additions being from project-mcaw's feed and apptuckerbox.

    also even tho it looks like your feeds are being checked at launch you should do a manual feed update.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    so, started by uninstalling preware?

    then use xterm/wosqi terminal or any other variant, then use the mkdir/touch commands mentioned in the wiki
    for both alpha/beta feeds.

    re-install preware from wosqi.

    run preware and manage feeds to make sure everything is ticked that should be and unticked that shouldnt, should be a fair few feeds in there, i think i have 23 with the only other additions being from project-mcaw's feed and apptuckerbox.

    also even tho it looks like your feeds are being checked at launch you should do a manual feed update.
    Yeah I uninstalled preware and enabled beta feeds via webosqi terminal. I'll take a look when I get back home after work and see if I have that many feeds.
  19. #19  
    After many repeated try's with WOSQI and Excutah I still can't alpha or beta feeds to show up in "manage feeds" after re-installing Preware. Any suggestions accepted.
  20. #20  
    Did you remove Preware first? Ran the requested commands via WOSQI and re-added Preware via WOSQI?

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 09/09/2013 at 04:23 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions