webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  TouchPad Patches > is the wave launcher supposed to replace the normal launcher on the TP?
is the wave launcher supposed to replace the normal launcher on the TP?

Old 11/01/2012, 11:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

I really like the wave launched on my TP after installing lunace 4.9.5. Is the wave launcher supposed to completely replace the the standard straight launcher? Is there a way to do away with the normal launcher and just have the wave?
Kneelbeforezod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2012, 11:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

There is a patch in Preware that allows you to reduce the quick launch bar to 1px tall. Wave Launcher should still work because it uses a different rendering mechanism than the bar.

While the wave launcher is cool, I don't really like using it because it tends to screw up my regular launcher and sometime gets stuck on the screen. Plus I accidentally activate it all the time.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2012, 01:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

I just tried the patch to reduce the quick launcher but the install fails.
Kneelbeforezod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2012, 05:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneelbeforezod View Post
I really like the wave launched on my TP after installing lunace 4.9.5. Is the wave launcher supposed to completely replace the the standard straight launcher? Is there a way to do away with the normal launcher and just have the wave?
Technically it is not supposed to replace it, it is supposed to allow you to access the launcher without having to put an active card into card view.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/2012, 01:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneelbeforezod View Post
I just tried the patch to reduce the quick launcher but the install fails.
this patch conflicts with "More AppLauncher and QuickLaunch Bar Icons" remove either to install.
maxbg is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0