Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes
  1.    #141  
    I do plan to try Enyo2 on Android, but may end up just going with native code.

By the way, I put together a demo of the new Dash Weather+ widget. It works very well in Chrome for desktop and Chrome for Android. I haven't tested on any other browser.

<dead link removed>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/09/2013 at 09:28 AM.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    geekpeter and Vistaus like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I do plan to try Enyo2 on Android, but may end up just going with native code.

By the way, I put together a demo of the new Dash Weather+ widget. It works very well in Chrome for desktop and Chrome for Android. I haven't tested on any other browser.

You can test drive the widget here: Dash Weather+ Demo
    v nice.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Yeah, very awesome!
    Btw, works fine in QupZilla (also a WebKit based browser) too.

Also, what you could do is keep the widget as is with LunaCE et all and make that app a seperate weather app so that when you click on the widget it opens your new Enyo 2 app. Since the theme et all is the same it would make a lovely combination. Plus it'll keep the widget simple and clean while the app would provide detailed information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Ok, I have some good news and bad news...

I was going to release one last update to Dash Weather. I rewrote the app in Enyo2 with a new API and a beautiful new widget. After all that, I found out that Enyo2 does not support opening dashboards on webOS yet. So... there's not much I can do now besides wait for that to hopefully happen.

For now, all I can offer are some screenshots of the fully-functional widget. It uses a tabbed interface with scrollers to give you the current conditions, conditions over the next 24 hours, and a 10 day forecast. I think I can make the claim that it will be the easiest and best-looking way to get your local weather info on webOS.

Click to view quoted image

(I don't have icons for all the weather stats yet. That's why a couple don't seem to make sense.)

Just to note, when (if) Enyo2 supports webOS dashboard notifications, this won't be a normal app release. More details on that later.
    It looks very promising so far... hopefully Enyo2 supports dashboards some day soon.
    What weather API are you using with this new widget?
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Nooooooo! I had just installed it.
    Unfortanetly, the current Dash Weather is broken at the moment. It worked fine until a few days ago. Now it always shows the same weather conditions, regardless of whether I set it to GPS location or a fixed location. Already tried rebooting, Luna restart and stuff but Dash Weather doesn't update anymore. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Unfortanetly, the current Dash Weather is broken at the moment. It worked fine until a few days ago. Now it always shows the same weather conditions, regardless of whether I set it to GPS location or a fixed location. Already tried rebooting, Luna restart and stuff but Dash Weather doesn't update anymore. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
    It still updates fine using GPS or fixed locations on my TouchPad.

I did make a few simple cosmetic changes for TouchPads though:
    It now uses the Black background & larger Color Icon Pack as default.
    Added "Wind" & "Humidity" description before their current conditions (since there's room for it).
    Added color and/or replaced some of the static icons.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HP Touchpad 32GB
  8.    #148  
    Not really webOS-related, but it may still be cool to see the new Dash Weather+ running on your "other" devices.

Demo: Dash Weather+
    pity you cant get that html page to load up as a devices homescreen/wallpaper/whatever, think i did that to my old windows 98SE desktop once.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  10.    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    pity you cant get that html page to load up as a devices homescreen/wallpaper/whatever, think i did that to my old windows 98SE desktop once.
    It would make a great homescreen.
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by kld2009 View Post
    Nooooooo! I had just installed it.
    It still works just as well as before.
  12.    #152  
    Hmm.. Seems to be working fine on my Pre3. Not sure what could be going wrong. :/
  13.    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    It still updates fine using GPS or fixed locations on my TouchPad.

I did make a few simple cosmetic changes for TouchPads though:
    It now uses the Black background & larger Color Icon Pack as default.
    Added "Wind" & "Humidity" description before their current conditions (since there's room for it).
    Added color and/or replaced some of the static icons.
    Oh, that looks pretty nice!
  14.    #154  
    I'll just put this here. http://forums.webosnation.com/other-...ther-demo.html

Note: It doesn't run on webOS yet.
    I am having same type of issue.
    I just switched back to a Pre3 from a veer
    On the Veer it works beautifully
    On the Pre3, it checks GPS then stays on "getting location" and does nothing more than that.
    Several reboots, uninstalls and reinstalls, no go.

I love this little app to... Hope I can figure something out.
    Owned webOS Devices

HP Touchpad White 64GB
    HP Touchpad 32GB - Borken screen (sad day)
    3x HP Pre3 (1 NIB)
    2x HP Veer (1 NIB)
    5x Pre- (1 NIB)

Gotta have some backups
    This is why: Introducing BOSS Geo ? the next chapter for BOSS

They shut down the old API for the new API. More info on the new API: Yahoo! BOSS Geo Services

And pricing scheme.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    This is why: Introducing BOSS Geo ? the next chapter for BOSS

They shut down the old API for the new API. More info on the new API: Yahoo! BOSS Geo Services

And pricing scheme.
    Oh... I see. Well, that's unfortunate.
    Well they stole your design and almost the same icons!Yahoo outs new Weather, Mail apps for iOS, Android. And they’re nice! &mdash; Tech News and Analysis and seems to be using wunderground as weather source, which is my favorite too.
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    Well they stole your design and almost the same icons!Yahoo outs new Weather, Mail apps for iOS, Android. And they’re nice! &mdash; Tech News and Analysis and seems to be using wunderground as weather source, which is my favorite too.
    IMHO their new app looks like a mashup of the new Ubuntu Touch weather mockup combined with the Facebook Android style left top button, the Roboto font from Android 4.x and the lockscreen of Windows Phone with a transperency effect for the wallpaper like the ambiance style on Sailfish OS.
    How do I install the latest working version of this app? Is that no longer possible? I don't see it in Preware and there is no link in the first post. I understand it is currently discontinued.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast