webOS Nation Forums >  Homebrew >  TouchPad Patches > [App] Dash Weather
[App] Dash Weather
Like Tree60Likes

Old 12/03/2012, 02:45 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfpm View Post
Thanks for your work on this.

I only have a WebOS Touchpad device (now) so can not enjoy settings you added for the phone but I do have a request. Is it possible to have the notification area icon to be Yellow or such? I keep seeing it and thinking that I have an unread email or such (both icons are solid white and unless I have my reading glasses on, I have to do a double take each time my eyes scan the screen).

Thanks for considering this suggestion.
Have you seen this post, earlier in this topic: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3353071
I haven't tried them myself. I like the plain and simple look of the icons used now.
Jozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2012, 03:15 PM   #122 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Thanks for your work on this.

I only have a WebOS Touchpad device (now) so can not enjoy settings you added for the phone but I do have a request. Is it possible to have the notification area icon to be Yellow or such? I keep seeing it and thinking that I have an unread email or such (both icons are solid white and unless I have my reading glasses on, I have to do a double take each time my eyes scan the screen).

Thanks for considering this suggestion.
In the next update, I hope to bring over all the settings (plus a few new ones) I have for the phone version to the Touchpad version. I've already added support for icon packs; I just need to find more icon sets to include with the app. I'll definitely have at least one more set (with the colorful icons you want) before I release the next update.
Garrett92C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2012, 07:56 PM   #123 (permalink)

how can I load and use the icon sets? The post earlier is thread requires modification of the ipk which is a bit more than I can do...
Old 12/03/2012, 08:19 PM   #124 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
how can I load and use the icon sets? The post earlier is thread requires modification of the ipk which is a bit more than I can do...
You'll be able to select icon packs once I release the next update.

-- Sent via mobile

Last edited by Garrett92C; 12/03/2012 at 08:41 PM.
Liked by jkromero likes this.
Thanked by Daughain, jkromero
Old 12/07/2012, 10:19 PM   #125 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Updated top post with Dash Weather 1.3.0

This update is almost entirely on the phone side of things. The Touchpad will get some love in the next update.

What's new?
- New UI and more content for the About, Contact, and Help menus
- You can now set the widget to automatically launch when the app is opened
- Tap the left side of the widget to launch the weather app of your choice
- Tap the right side of the widget to refresh the location and weather data
- Added a setting for Widget Background. Options available are 'Scenic' and 'Black'
- Adjusted the widget's padding so that it looks better when you have multiple notifications
- Added a setting for Icon Pack. Options available are 'White' and 'Color'
- Updated the text on main page to reflect the new features

@crawfpm
I was unable to figure out how to dynamically set the mini icon, so it still uses the old white one. If anyone has any idea how to do this, please let me know!

Last edited by Garrett92C; 12/07/2012 at 10:31 PM.
Liked by Jozz, davidtm and geekpeter like this.
Old 12/08/2012, 09:10 AM   #126 (permalink)

Love the new black theme! So elegant!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
jlamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/08/2012, 09:29 AM   #127 (permalink)

Actually on the phone side of things, I believe what we should aim for is to have the widget rotate to show forecast for coming days like in the weather dashboard app. Then add to ability to launch the url to an animated radar map such as this: http://m.miami.justweather.com/radar/p1/w193/

Or maybe have it so the user can enter url for whatever he wants to launch. Just some ideas, I know nothing about coding. Thanks for the effort and for continuing to work on webos

Last edited by laingman; 12/08/2012 at 09:35 AM.
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/2012, 04:07 AM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
Updated top post with Dash Weather 1.3.0

What's new?
- Tap the left side of the widget to launch the weather app of your choice

@crawfpm
I was unable to figure out how to dynamically set the mini icon, so it still uses the old white one. If anyone has any idea how to do this, please let me know!
When I have AccuWeather selected in Settings and Tap Left Side of Widget nothing happens. Weather Channel, Clear Weather, and Yahoo Website all work and I don't have any of the other choices installed to check on them.

FishenFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2013, 06:47 PM   #129 (permalink)

Any news on an update to the Touchpad version?
Old 01/20/2013, 09:44 PM   #130 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishenFool View Post
When I have AccuWeather selected in Settings and Tap Left Side of Widget nothing happens. Weather Channel, Clear Weather, and Yahoo Website all work and I don't have any of the other choices installed to check on them.
Hmm. Is there more than one version of AccuWeather out there?
Old 01/20/2013, 09:49 PM   #131 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Any news on an update to the Touchpad version?
Sadly, no. Ever since I got rid of my Touchpad, I haven't really felt like working on anything for it. Especially projects (like Dash Weather) that rely on LunaCE since I don't have the ability to test them anymore. Sorry Touchpad users! I have no plans to buy another Touchpad, so I'm not sure if any of my Touchpad projects will ever get updated again...

I still do a lot of work with the Pre3 and Veer though!
Old 01/21/2013, 12:20 AM   #132 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I fully understand your position. Is the source code available for other users to work on or would you consider making it availabe so the community can create their own updates?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Old 01/21/2013, 04:23 AM   #133 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
I fully understand your position. Is the source code available for other users to work on or would you consider making it availabe so the community can create their own updates?

Yes: https://github.com/choorp/dash-weather
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Garrett92C
Old 01/21/2013, 06:35 AM   #134 (permalink)

Thanks for good apps. Can i have a option? can set time to auto update weather? because i don't want update every where i unlock screen.
tranpqvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2013, 07:43 AM   #135 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post

Ah, forgot to mention that. Dash Weather, along with a lot of my other projects, is open source. You can find them all on my GitHub.

If I somehow end up with a Touchpad again, I'll continue with those projects. So, maybe someday....?
Old 01/21/2013, 01:52 PM   #136 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

You could use the emulator from the Enyo 1.0 SDK although you don't have LunaCE then. But it's something at least
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2013, 07:42 PM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
Hmm. Is there more than one version of AccuWeather out there?
Not that I'm aware of. This is AccuWeather version 1.0.6 and it is a free version.

FishenFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/2013, 11:10 AM   #138 (permalink)

I also have the problem with Accuweather.
Aniweather launches fine.
Any ideas?
I have to say that I have a problem with my App Catalog (never ending spinning circle when it launches) and I have to search for Apps from Just Type (it has been reported in various topics). Accuweather never appears even after searching. It appears through Tuckerbox though.
Loiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/28/2013, 09:46 AM   #139 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Ok, I have some good news and bad news...

I was going to release one last update to Dash Weather. I rewrote the app in Enyo2 with a new API and a beautiful new widget. After all that, I found out that Enyo2 does not support opening dashboards on webOS yet. So... there's not much I can do now besides wait for that to hopefully happen.

For now, all I can offer are some screenshots of the fully-functional widget. It uses a tabbed interface with scrollers to give you the current conditions, conditions over the next 24 hours, and a 10 day forecast. I think I can make the claim that it will be the easiest and best-looking way to get your local weather info on webOS.

(I don't have icons for all the weather stats yet. That's why a couple don't seem to make sense.)

Just to note, when (if) Enyo2 supports webOS dashboard notifications, this won't be a normal app release. More details on that later.
Thanked by HelloNNNewman, T-Pad, Vistaus
Old 03/28/2013, 10:20 AM   #140 (permalink)

do you plan to use/try enyo2 for android/others as well, seeing as its "supposed" to be easy to use on many platforms now?

bit of a bummer youve already found a glitch/hiccup using enyo2 already tho.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0