Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Hey guys. I'm putting together an update that will let you manually set your location. It should be released today, as long as I find enough time to work on it.

-- Sent via mobile
    That's great. Seems mine did not refresh to show the weather after enabling location in the first version. Gonna try this. Thanks for creating such a useful app.
    Yea, the only way to get it to update on screen wake would be to use the com.palm domain in my appID. I was trying to avoid that since I was going to put this in the official App Catalog. Since it's staying homebrew now, I can revisit that idea. Shouldn't be too hard. In the latest version of Dash Weather, tapping the widget on the lock screen updates it. This will do until I can add the 'screen wake' option.

I would love to add some forecast info to the widget, but the Yahoo API isn't good for that. The problem with the Yahoo Weather API is that it only gives me data for today and tomorrow. I've been looking around at others and they're either very restrictive or their documentation is a horrible mess (I'm looking at you, Weatherbug). If anyone has an suggestions for a better API with decent documentation, let me know!

Thank you for the kind words. I put a lot of effort into the latest update and I hope it shows.
    i noticed you added the tap to refresh from the lockscreen. i'd say thats sufficient! it takes away a swipe/swipe tap. the latest update is great! especially with the lunaCE on/off toggle!
    When I tap 'set your location' text bar, nothing happens. It's not selectable.

I assume the feature is not yet available?

A good idea would be to have the widget load on startup and the card to close automatically, just like Weather Dashboard available in the App Store. I don't understand why so few devs used this feature since it seems possible...
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    When I tap 'set your location' text bar, nothing happens. It's not selectable.

I assume the feature is not yet available?
    You can enter text if you turn off the GPS location. I need to add something to that menu to make it more clear. lol

A good idea would be to have the widget load on startup and the card to close automatically, just like Weather Dashboard available in the App Store. I don't understand why so few devs used this feature since it seems possible...
    Yea, that would be a good idea. I just need to figure out how it's done.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    chex_bomb likes this.
    Thank you!

Maybe you could ask directly to the dev from weather dashboard? If he is not against your app being a free concurrence to his...
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    Thank you!

Maybe you could ask directly to the dev from weather dashboard? If he is not against your app being a free concurrence to his...
    Heh, I like to think of my app as 'Statusbar Weather Widget' for the Touchpad.
    Heh, I like to think of my app as 'Statusbar Weather Widget' for the Touchpad.
    Don't worry, I think your app is more advanced for current weather and better presented

It's always nice to have alternatives !
    Thanks for the update! I noticed there is a little bit of a 'lip' at the bottom on the widget when it drops down. Apart from that the new manual location entry works great.

Does anyone know if there is an app or a way I can have widgets launch at boot?
    Just installed the update and it works beautifully. I said it already but I'll say it again, nice work.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Works awesome . Thanks!!
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboob View Post
    Thanks for the update! I noticed there is a little bit of a 'lip' at the bottom on the widget when it drops down. Apart from that the new manual location entry works great.

Does anyone know if there is an app or a way I can have widgets launch at boot?
    Yea, that's just how the dashboard works.

Supposedly, there is a way for me to set the widget to launch at boot. I just need to figure out how to do it and add it to the app.
  12.    #72  
    Thanks guys! Glad you like the app!
    Yea, that's just how the dashboard works.

Supposedly, there is a way for me to set the widget to launch at boot. I just need to figure out how to do it and add it to the app.
    I am looking to create something that will facilitate this. My goal is to make it so that a user can configure apps to launch at boot, and send the apps optional parameters. Your app could respond to the parameter and launch the widget, but not the main card.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Garrett92C likes this.
    How do I change the widget from small to the larger size like on the front page article?
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    How do I change the widget from small to the larger size like on the front page article?
    There is a settings entry in the app menu. Go in there and enable LunaCE dash.

-- Sent via mobile
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I am looking to create something that will facilitate this. My goal is to make it so that a user can configure apps to launch at boot, and send the apps optional parameters. Your app could respond to the parameter and launch the widget, but not the main card.
    Oh cool! You're the man, Donald.

-- Sent via mobile
    what an elegant interface, now it works great in my TP, thanks heaps
    Last edited by juanpaito; 09/17/2012 at 11:05 PM.
    Since the purpose of this app is for "todays current" weather, one feature that would be very beneficial (that Weather Dashboard has) if one does want to see more weather details (forcast, etc...), is to "Tap on the weather icon in the dashboard display to be taken to Yahoo! Weather page for the location".

Any chance you can add this feature to Dash Weather as well?
    HP Touchpad 32GB
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    Since the purpose of this app is for "todays current" weather, one feature that would be very beneficial (that Weather Dashboard has) if one does want to see more weather details (forcast, etc...), is to "Tap on the weather icon in the dashboard display to be taken to Yahoo! Weather page for the location".

Yea, that would be very easy to add. I'll include it in the next update.
    WknThDg likes this.

wow, didn't notice this feature before!

Yeah, it would be a very nice feature to add to dash weather, with the page opening in celsius or Fahrenheit view depending on dash weather settings (weather dashboard automatically opens fahrenheit view, which is slow to switch to celsius everytime... ).