Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes
    just saw this in the webos nation front page.

very nice indeed. Only caveat is that my wifi location believes I'm 300kms away from where I am really.

not the app fault, it does that for every app that ask wifi location, but a way to set a custom location would be great.

I don't have money for donations right now, so see this as a suggestion, not a request
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    ...Only caveat is that my wifi location believes I'm 300kms away from where I am really.
    This. Location services has never worked for me. Great widget though!
    Global Posts
    803 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
    I couldn't download from link either but installed thru preware and install package drop down option. (paste link there)
    very cool app. Anyway to autoload?
    I use Preset Reset to reboot on a schedule, and that allows you to set apps to reload upon restart. You need the app ID, which can be found in Preware under Installed Pkgs > Unknown.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Really nice work! Love it and works great on my Touchpad. Just donated.
    love it, showed my brother in law it and he said "wow thats pretty neat, small tidy, there only when you need it, thats pretty good" etc etc, he basically suggested the same as myself that while his android widgety type stuff look nice and flash (btw this looks damned smart as well) he said he ended up putting widgets on his phoen for the sake fo it, and found he never really uses them, that or he found some useful but didnt want them in his face 24/7, so hes pretty much deleted all his widgets off his homescreen.

i like this method tbh, if i wanna see it, pull it down, its small/tidy/no adverts or bloated extras, i really hope similar widgets like this come to fruition.

hoping lunaCE perhaps bolts in a sort of startup-sequence or msconfig/startup type addition so we could autolaunch on boot some of the new additions lunaCE now allows such as this bag of awesomeness.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    So beautiful! You're an artist! Any chance there will be an option to show degree in Celsius?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    I use Preset Reset to reboot on a schedule, and that allows you to set apps to reload upon restart. You need the app ID, which can be found in Preware under Installed Pkgs > Unknown.
    Good tip, but I don't believe Preset Reset works post 1.4.5. Am I wrong?
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
    Great widget, along with the battery widget (in preware), gives a great look...

Also works on PixiPlus, PrePlus, Pre2, Pre3, and Veer (only see 1st bar of weather but most important the current temp, hi/low, sun rise/set)...
    Global Posts
    803 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite_2448 View Post
    Good tip, but I don't believe Preset Reset works post 1.4.5. Am I wrong?
    Sure - works on both my FrankenPre2 (2.2.4) and TP
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    very nice indeed. Only caveat is that my wifi location believes I'm 300kms away from where I am really.

not the app fault, it does that for every app that ask wifi location, but a way to set a custom location would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboob View Post
    This. Location services has never worked for me. Great widget though!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    So beautiful! You're an artist! Any chance there will be an option to show degree in Celsius?
    Thanks guys! I'll look into adding some kind of settings menu that will let you set your location and units manually.

Currently, the widget uses Celsius unless it detects that you're in the US (in which case it uses Fahrenheit).
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 09/08/2012 at 03:38 PM.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    love it, showed my brother in law it and he said "wow thats pretty neat, small tidy, there only when you need it, thats pretty good" etc etc, he basically suggested the same as myself that while his android widgety type stuff look nice and flash (btw this looks damned smart as well) he said he ended up putting widgets on his phoen for the sake fo it, and found he never really uses them, that or he found some useful but didnt want them in his face 24/7, so hes pretty much deleted all his widgets off his homescreen.
    Thanks man! I've found that I don't use widgets on Android as much as I thought I would either. The ones I do use, I keep them off my main homescreen. The problem for me is that none of them really use the same theme, which leads to an ugly mess pretty quickly. lol

i like this method tbh, if i wanna see it, pull it down, its small/tidy/no adverts or bloated extras, i really hope similar widgets like this come to fruition.

hoping lunaCE perhaps bolts in a sort of startup-sequence or msconfig/startup type addition so we could autolaunch on boot some of the new additions lunaCE now allows such as this bag of awesomeness.
    While I do plan on making more widgets like this, I'd love to see other devs make some too! The added dashboard space that LunaCE gives us really lets us make much more interesting "widgets". If you're a dev and want to see how I put mine together, feel free to check out the source over at Github! https://github.com/Choorp/WeatherWidget
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Great widget, along with the battery widget (in preware), gives a great look...

Also works on PixiPlus, PrePlus, Pre2, Pre3, and Veer (only see 1st bar of weather but most important the current temp, hi/low, sun rise/set)...
    Thanks! Yea, anything other than the Touchpad can't use the custom dash heights, so you only get the top 52px(I think) of the dash.
    for some reason it doesn't load any info, the widget just shows the sun, the moon, etc, but no temperature data.... Probably is having trouble geolocating my ip address? I'm in Mexico
    I agree with others that a preferences section would be very helpfull
    otherwise a very nice widge, congrats!
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by juanpaito View Post
    for some reason it doesn't load any info, the widget just shows the sun, the moon, etc, but no temperature data.... Probably is having trouble geolocating my ip address? I'm in Mexico
    I agree with others that a preferences section would be very helpfull
    otherwise a very nice widge, congrats!
    Do you have location services turned on? If so, maybe a reboot would help.

-- Sent via mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Mine is in Celsius, probably because of your geographical location, where Celsius is not the norm.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    same as juanpaito for me too. Installed, restarted TP and still just a blank image with the icons on the right :-(

I'm running lunaCE 4.9.0 if that helps? I'll keep trying - maybe it's upset I ran CM9 earlier and it's sulking!

Downloaded and installed on my Pre3 too and that also does not work. Starting to think it is me that is having the problem!

Restarted both devices a couple of time, Location Services is on Auto on for both for applications. Are there any suspected issues with patches that could affect both?

cheers.
    Last edited by MikeN68; 09/09/2012 at 01:39 PM.
    Awesome work Garrett. Unfortunately, I'm getting the same problem as a few others are. Even though my WiFi and location services are on, I get no info. Tried a reboot too but the issue remains.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Hmm. I'm able to download from my TP. Actually, when I click the link, Preware pops up and installs the app for me. Here, try this DropBox link: WeatherWidget 1.0.0

Autoload? I'm not quite sure I know what you mean.
    Thanks for your app. By autoload, I mean have the app load automatically when TP is turned on. For example iphone has weather app and stock widget automatically load in notification center (if you choose to). If I automatically reboot my TP nightly that means I have to load your widget again. Not a huge deal but would be nice. Additional locations would be nice too. Thanks for your webOS support.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
    Thanks for your app. By autoload, I mean have the app load automatically when TP is turned on. For example iphone has weather app and stock widget automatically load in notification center (if you choose to). If I automatically reboot my TP nightly that means I have to load your widget again. Not a huge deal but would be nice. Additional locations would be nice too. Thanks for your webOS support.
    oh, davidtm gave me an possible solution. Preset Reset. i'll try that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Do you have location services turned on? If so, maybe a reboot would help.

-- Sent via mobile
    location services are activatd, and just rebooted, still no happiness! :'(
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast