Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    So I just recently doctored my new HP Touchpad. Now, before retrying quickinstall, because there are a variety of apps i would just love to install, before I tried it and it always said "File Transfer Failed" right away. I tried Preware and Internalz and nothing worked. Any ideas? Ive restarted the Pad and It was on Dev mode. Java is up to date with QI 4.0 or something. Everything as in requirements have been met, and I have been looking at countless threads with the same problem, and ive found nothing. I JUST doctored the device, after the problem. I recieved it in the mail a few days ago, i bought it used off ebay. Im thinking that maybe the person before me used QI but I dont know. I just want to know whats doing that, in case it happens again. Any help is much appreciated. I REALLY want QI to work !
  2. #2  
    I know you said it is... but Double-check to make sure your device is in Developer Mode and then restart.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I know you said it is... but Double-check to make sure your device is in Developer Mode and then restart.
    Okay so I will double check. Restart what exactly? My touchpad or laptop?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOS4LYFE View Post
    Okay so I will double check. Restart what exactly? My touchpad or laptop?
    OH THANK THE LORD it worked. I restarted the pad and found out Dev mode was switched off. Thank you very much c:
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOS4LYFE View Post
    So I just recently doctored my new HP Touchpad. Now, before retrying quickinstall, because there are a variety of apps i would just love to install, before I tried it and it always said "File Transfer Failed" right away. I tried Preware and Internalz and nothing worked. Any ideas? Ive restarted the Pad and It was on Dev mode. Java is up to date with QI 4.0 or something. Everything as in requirements have been met, and I have been looking at countless threads with the same problem, and ive found nothing. I JUST doctored the device, after the problem. I recieved it in the mail a few days ago, i bought it used off ebay. Im thinking that maybe the person before me used QI but I dont know. I just want to know whats doing that, in case it happens again. Any help is much appreciated. I REALLY want QI to work !
    My TP 3.0.5 is doing the same thing, but I AM in developer mode. I have tried on multiple PCs, with different cables and different USB ports, and I keep getting the "File Transfer Failed" message from WOSQI.

    Here's what happens:

    Load novacom driver

    dev mode

    connect TP to PC USB port

    run WOSQI. I have tried multiple versions up to 4.4.0

    sometimes WOSQI sees TP and returns list of available packages. But when I try to install, I get "File Transfer Failed" message. Sometimes WOSQI says that no device is attached, and then shuts down

    But the hell of it is that I can't install Preware until I get WOSQI to work, and it keeps failing. And I can't install any patches or homebrew until I get Preware up.

    Help
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2
  6. #6  
    You could try the standalone preware installer.

    It has been awhile since it was updated, but should get preware 1.5 onto your device which you can then update to current theb start patching etc. http://get.preware.org/
    Read the readme first as always
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBears View Post
    My TP 3.0.5 is doing the same thing, but I AM in developer mode. I have tried on multiple PCs, with different cables and different USB ports, and I keep getting the "File Transfer Failed" message from WOSQI.

    Here's what happens:

    Load novacom driver

    dev mode

    connect TP to PC USB port

    run WOSQI. I have tried multiple versions up to 4.4.0

    sometimes WOSQI sees TP and returns list of available packages. But when I try to install, I get "File Transfer Failed" message. Sometimes WOSQI says that no device is attached, and then shuts down

    But the hell of it is that I can't install Preware until I get WOSQI to work, and it keeps failing. And I can't install any patches or homebrew until I get Preware up.

    Help

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions