Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Garrett92C
  1.    #1  
    Development of this app/patch/theme has been halted, so this thread is no longer relevant. I'll be putting all my effort into cross-platform Enyo2 applications from now on. If you'd like to keep up with me and my latest work, you know where to find me.

Garrett
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 04/02/2013 at 07:24 PM. Reason: fixed download link
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    wow, i have been wanting something like this since almost a year. i'll have to try this out later. ps. is there some kind of way to disable them from being added in the first place? i asked around long ago but from what i remember nobody thought it was possible.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    wow, i have been wanting something like this since almost a year. i'll have to try this out later. ps. is there some kind of way to disable them from being added in the first place? i asked around long ago but from what i remember nobody thought it was possible.
    I don't think we can prevent them from being automatically added.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    There is a patch "disable search engine in the notification" in preware that prevent adding search engines automatically to just type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    While working on something else, I came across the code in the Browser that clears your history and all those junk search engines in Just Type. You know, the ones that get added (whether you like it or not) while you're browsing the web. I figured it would be nicer to have a button in the Just Type preferences that clears these search engines instead of having to clear your browsing history too.

I don't know if anyone has come up with this patch already, or if anyone wants it. However, it literally took a couple minutes to make this, so no big deal. lol

This new button is located right under the "Search Using" group in the Just Type preferences.

Where can I get it?
    remove-optional-search-engines.patch
    Sounds like a really nice feature.
    Where can I get the patch?
    It's not in Preware?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I would also like to have this feature. Where can we get the patch from?
    PMed
    Quote Originally Posted by jkromero View Post
    I would also like to have this feature. Where can we get the patch from?
    Here is another potential taker for this patch. Please let me know how to get it. Thanks.
    Just use the link directly under "Where can I get it?". If you have Preware or Internalz Pro installed, tapping on the link will automatically open one of the apps so you can install the patch. (A number of patches are distributed on third party hosting or on the forums where they need testing or can't be hosted on Preware. Know that Preware is not the exclusive distribution point for patches.)
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Just use the link directly under "Where can I get it?". If you have Preware or Internalz Pro installed, tapping on the link will automatically open one of the apps so you can install the patch. (A number of patches are distributed on third party hosting or on the forums where they need testing or can't be hosted on Preware. Know that Preware is not the exclusive distribution point for patches.)
    Ok thanks. Last night the link wouldn't work, it was there but blacked out. Thanks again for the help. I never knew that about patch distribution.
    INFORMATION:
    NOTE TO MEMBERS:

The OP will no longer be supporting this project, but we will keep the thread open so members can discuss and ask questions among themselves. Please do not post questions for the developer as he will no longer be monitoring the thread.

Thank you!
    webOS Nations Staff
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/01/2012 at 03:30 PM.