Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By eblade
  • 5 Post By rwhitby
  • 1 Post By eblade
  1.    #1  
    Because quite frankly im not sure how your supposed to even get it.
  2. #2  
    Because quite frankly im not sure how your supposed to even get it.
    I would like to know the answer to this question also. Or will it be a custom doctor build?


    ---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
  3. #3  
    CE is some of the code for vanilla 3.0.5 released to devs so they can mess around in it and do cool things with it.

    I don't have a TP, but I'm pretty sure that all the new fancy tweaks and Luna patches are available/will be available through the patches section on Preware, although Im not 100% sure on that.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
  4. filmor_'s Avatar
    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    I don't have a TP, but I'm pretty sure that all the new fancy tweaks and Luna patches are available/will be available through the patches section on Preware, although Im not 100% sure on that.
    That will most certainly not happen. It is a common misconception that "patches" in general are what they are to webOS users. Patches to the LunaSysMgr will be source-code patches, thus they have to be applied to the sources before compiling them to the binary which then gets uploaded to the device. What could happen however is, that someone takes the time to implement a plugin system to Luna (for which the plugins could be distributed easily via Preware), but I don't think this would be sensible before the release of openwebOS. For now Preware would have to replace the original LunaSysMgr which is dangerous.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    That will most certainly not happen. It is a common misconception that "patches" in general are what they are to webOS users. Patches to the LunaSysMgr will be source-code patches, thus they have to be applied to the sources before compiling them to the binary which then gets uploaded to the device. What could happen however is, that someone takes the time to implement a plugin system to Luna (for which the plugins could be distributed easily via Preware), but I don't think this would be sensible before the release of openwebOS. For now Preware would have to replace the original LunaSysMgr which is dangerous.
    Ah, I kinda thought the changes being made were a bit too good-to-be-normal-patching, thanks for clarifying.

    Go me
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
  6.    #6  
    Well we come back to the main question, how will it be distrubuited?
  7. #7  
    I'll take MetaDoctors for $1,000 Alex.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    That will most certainly not happen. It is a common misconception that "patches" in general are what they are to webOS users. Patches to the LunaSysMgr will be source-code patches, thus they have to be applied to the sources before compiling them to the binary which then gets uploaded to the device. What could happen however is, that someone takes the time to implement a plugin system to Luna (for which the plugins could be distributed easily via Preware), but I don't think this would be sensible before the release of openwebOS. For now Preware would have to replace the original LunaSysMgr which is dangerous.
    How much more dangerous would it be to replace LunsSysMgr than it is to replace the kernel?
  9. #9  
    I'm pretty sure that Preware will likely add the ability to replace the LunaSysMgr, at some point after webOS CE's bugs are fixed. (ie, Flash full screen doesn't work, and PDK apps don't work)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Vistaus likes this.
  10.    #10  
    well in the long run it will still be fantastic I just hope it will be released soon hah.
  11. #11  
    Sounds good, but will it run on a Pre 3? And will all Pre 3 apps have to be recoded?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Preware will likely add the ability to replace the LunaSysMgr, at some point after webOS CE's bugs are fixed. (ie, Flash full screen doesn't work, and PDK apps don't work)
    That is indeed the plan.

    -- Rod
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is indeed the plan.

    -- Rod
    Rod:
    if you can say, how 'device agnostic' will CE upgrades be? (TP wifi vs 4G vs et al.)

    All the best,

    - Thomas
  14. jdevora's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is indeed the plan.

    -- Rod
    Whould it possible to use binary pathing or on the spot builds for be able to choose only the extra bit of functionality that you want? As opossed to a full replacement from an especific developer (the I think is the "usual" way)

    Cheers
    JD

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Rod:
    if you can say, how 'device agnostic' will CE upgrades be? (TP wifi vs 4G vs et al.)

    All the best,

    - Thomas
    It would surprise me if there are any differences between the LunaSysMgr on any of them.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Vistaus likes this.
  16.    #16  
    So any updates?
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
  17. #17  
    Yes, Rod said in an other topic that he's packaging this stuff for Preware.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Preware will likely add the ability to replace the LunaSysMgr, at some point after webOS CE's bugs are fixed. (ie, Flash full screen doesn't work, and PDK apps don't work)
    You mean everyting else works? That's impressive! Correct me if I'm wrong, but webOS Community Edition is NOT the OpenWebOS that runs over any standard Linux kernel, right? I understand that webOS CE is "only" a recompiled "LunaSysMgr" (our user envirunment, no less). How many nice things can be done inside it?

    Where can I find a list of enhancements of webOS CE over webOS 2.2.4, for example?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

    Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    You mean everyting else works? That's impressive! Correct me if I'm wrong, but webOS Community Edition is NOT the OpenWebOS that runs over any standard Linux kernel, right? I understand that webOS CE is "only" a recompiled "LunaSysMgr" (our user envirunment, no less). How many nice things can be done inside it?

    Where can I find a list of enhancements of webOS CE over webOS 2.2.4, for example?
    We've posted a number of YouTube videos on the @webosinternals and @webosports twitter feeds from the developers adding cool things to WOCE.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20. #20  
    PDK apps are already fixed for some time btw.

Posting Permissions