Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    Here is my toogle4g widget, small but useful app.

it allows easy turn on/off 4g data transfer mode
    and view network statistics through 4g interface,

and there is WiFi stats for non-4G users,
    to switch to 4G/WiFi mode tap on icon when widget is shown
    07/08/2012
    ver 1.1.1
    * fixed 4G stats for TP
    07/06/2012
    ver 1.1
    + name changed
    + wifi toogle button added
    + 4G iface support for Pre3 (please test)

com.palm.motral.toggle4gwidget_1.1.1_all.ipk.zip

Toggle3gWidget_2012-04-07_161856.jpg Toggle3gWidget_2012-04-07_161903.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by motral; 07/07/2012 at 05:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I love functions in notification dashboard. Thanks for the app!
    <subtle hint>
    "Tested" this on my Pre3...doesn't work...lol.
    </subtle hint>

I like it on my TouchPad, will there be a way (in the future) to have it continuously record data in the background whether it's in the dashboard or not, and also set a reset date?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    <subtle hint>
    "Tested" this on my Pre3...doesn't work...lol.
    </subtle hint>

I like it on my TouchPad, will there be a way (in the future) to have it continuously record data in the background whether it's in the dashboard or not, and also set a reset date?
    it's Touchpad version,

Pre3 has another name of iface - (it able to fix, if app showing 0, not failed)
    do you think it usable for pre? - the my primary point - use as dashboard,

When ran it what was happening? application failed or was always 0 showing?

background stats collection and reset have been planned in next release
    Last edited by motral; 07/05/2012 at 02:46 AM.
    The icon shows up in the launcher, but when you press it....it flashes, and nothing happens. Yes I know it was for the TouchPad....I just tried it anyway. As for usability...I quite often have my phone on freeTether, and use my TouchPad for everything. Personally, I would find use of the data counter right there on my dashboard, as well as being able to turn 3G on or off.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I wonder how many ppl have a 3g/4g touchpad, it does look good but I'm also someone who'd love the same for the pre3/phones.
    I'd like the option to turn off WiFi in the dash as well, if you can manage it, and also an option to not show 3G, as I have only a WiFi TouchPad thanks!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  8.    #8  
    I'd like the option to turn off WiFi in the dash as well, if you can manage it, and also an option to not show 3G, as I have only a WiFi TouchPad thanks!
    Do you really need wifi toggle button on dashboard? It's simple to add.
    But there is too limited space, and WiFi connection manager available from main menu.
    I'm thinking to use that space for more stats (average/current speeds and may by day/week/month)

By default for non-4G TP app opens as WiFi pane, otherwise - 3G (yes, may be you're right about hiding)

I don't know behavior of the app on Pre, my app contains two pars,
    main app window - used like launcher,
    it closes self after dashboard have been shown.

i'll test it on emulator later,
    thank you for feedback
    geekpeter likes this.
    I just noticed that when you get a notification, from anything, (ie I just set an alarm to get the bell symbol in the notification area), you can see the WiFi notification. If I close the alarm notification, I am unable to pull up the WiFi data usage, and the stats get reset. Note I can't actually see the notification, until I open the alarm notification.

I think there's room for the button, and I know about the top right menu switch, and have it installed, but I think I like that one better, tbh.

By the way, I have freeTether running, in the background, and the numbers appear to be matching what is on my TouchPad. I also tried switching it to see if I could see my network data, and it won't switch.
    Last edited by sledge007; 07/05/2012 at 11:46 AM.
  10.    #10  
    app updated
    is it possible to change thread name?
    Last edited by motral; 07/06/2012 at 03:59 AM.

Looks good, thanks for adding that in. Thread title changed.
  12.    #12  
    hmm, vertical align is broken, will fix it
    thanks for screens
    Also I just noticed there is no notification by itself, there needs to be another notification visible, in order to see it, but it is working as it's supposed to, aside from that.

Also with the screen lock, the widget is visible, but non-interactive. No screenshot sorry
    Last edited by sledge007; 07/06/2012 at 06:49 AM.
    Nice! Very elegant, and webOS needed a data monitor imo

Though I hope you asked BlueRQ before using his Touchpad Wi-Fi icon!
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  15.    #15  
    sledge007, Could you make a screenshoot on Pre3 of notification bar with running widget, please
    Post #11 has 3G on/off, WiFi on/off. Could you clarify what you're looking for exactly?
  17.    #17  
    Also I just noticed there is no notification by itself, there needs to be another notification visible, in order to see it, but it is working as it's supposed to, aside from that.

Also with the screen lock, the widget is visible, but non-interactive. No screenshot sorry
    I've just saw youtube video how notifications works on Pre3...

And i can't see notification area on screenshoots.

I'm trying to understand how it works on Pre3,
    step to reproduce i figured
    initial state:
    - toogle4g running
    - no others card are opened

>> on this step you can't open widget, am i right?
    >> i want to see that screen

- you click on other app notification icon? (on the bottom line of the screen)
    - and both widget are shown
    There isn't a notification icon showing in the notification area to take a picture of. When you open the app from the launcher, you see the open start to open up like normal, then the card shoots up, off the screen. There is no indication anything is running, unless you have another notification, or the dashboard open.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Nice! Very elegant, and webOS needed a data monitor imo

Though I hope you asked BlueRQ before using his Touchpad Wi-Fi icon!
    if the monitor could replace netstat (or similar) some of us probably run on our pre's this would definatly see a place on more phones/tablets.

very nice idd.
    Quote Originally Posted by motral View Post
    I've just saw youtube video how notifications works on Pre3...

And i can't see notification area on screenshoots.

I'm trying to understand how it works on Pre3,
    possible to look at the code for the pre3 mp3 player? or other apps like datajog/send2webos and others that use the notifications, or ask some other devs how they managed it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast