1.    #1  
    Hello everyone,
    I don't know if i'm at the right place but.....

I have an HP Touchpad 32 wifi who crashed days ago, and now impossible to reinstall Webos via WebOSDoctor... I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 and when I start webosdoctor, and when he asked me to plug the device, nothing... the ''Next'' button stay gray....

So I asked myself, maybe its because I've not reinstall WebOS QuickInstall and Novacom...
    And there's my problem, everytime i tried to reinstall the novacom driver, I got the same message ''ERROR: driver installation failed''
    I've also tried to download directly novacom....

I really need some help, I need to reinstall WebOs on my Touchpad, I've read a lot, but nothing seems to work...

Big thanks in advance guys

Sorry for my english...........
    when you have the touchpad connected to perform the webosdoctor, have you pressed/held the volume up button when the touchpad resets, it enters a mode required for it all to work properly (should see a usb type icon or something if memory serves), it wont work with webos running normally.

as for the novacom issue, theres a few posts knocking around already for trouble shooting, just try a search on the forum for "novacom problem" or similar.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    when you have the touchpad connected to perform the webosdoctor, have you pressed/held the volume up button when the touchpad resets, it enters a mode required for it all to work properly (should see a usb type icon or something if memory serves), it wont work with webos running normally.

as for the novacom issue, theres a few posts knocking around already for trouble shooting, just try a search on the forum for "novacom problem" or similar.
    Thanks,
    and yes I have the USB logo on my touchpad (by holding the ON/OFF buttom and volume Up),
    I start webosdoctor with the terminal, and I got the info : got device 0
    So if you have any clue for me, for webosdoctor to see my touchpad..... please share
    thanks in advance guys....
  4.    #4  
    OK,
    I've come with a solution, at least for my problem with WebOSQuickInstall...
    To remember, I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS...
    I've change my GUI (Gnome) for a lighter one (Xfce)....
    and "Oh, Miracle", I was able to install the novacomm driver
    I really don't know why....

now second part of the problem,
    being able to reinstall WebOS on my touchpad without been stuck at 12%

thanks again