Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Search the interwebs for "Not authorized, facebook, jabber" or something like that. Try to log in to your facebook account using the username (not your e-mail address) in the browser, log out again. Change your password to not use any special characters.

The correct username is "<facebook-shortcut>@chat.facebook.com".
    Filmor, I am not sure of others but for me; your plugin does the magic.

Though it wasn't working in veer with webos 2.1, But after upgrading to 2.2.4 everything seems to be perfect.

Great Job.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Thanks Filmor, logging in with the shortcut-username and logging out did the trick!

Works wonders on my 2.2.4 Veer, apart from the occasional auto-logoff, but I noticed that when I keep the messaging card open, it seems to happen less often.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    New (minor) release.
    Thanks for the new release, filmor. It didn't help with my Messenger account, but yesterday, something magic happened...
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    I am a dilettante, I have no clue and do not speak English! : (

I installed the app on my Pre3, but can not have an account set up (ICQ, MSN ...).
    I give the ICQ number, my password - the hourglass spins and then (after 3,4 minutes) comes the message: " org.webosinternals.purple.validator is not running. "

Where is the mistake?

Please be patient, I'm old and I'm from Germany!

If someone could answer in German, ... I was so happy!

Greetings

Mathias
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Thanks for the new release, filmor. It didn't help with my Messenger account, but yesterday, something magic happened...
    Stability of Jabber seems better with the new release
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Hi filmor_ ,
    How about Gadu-Gadu support?
    In Your post http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3329590 You've pointed that You'll try to look into it.
    How it goes?
    Can be done or this is to much work?
    Maybe this protocol isn't as popular/common, but it'll be nice to have the possibility if implementation of it won't make Your nights sleeples/Your time wasted.

Best wishes and thank You for Your work!

-pretoo-
    Pre3 (UK, QWERTY, Unlocked)
    webOS 2.2.4 (Build 3175), with UberKernel
    UK App Catalog via Impostah
    Orange [PL]
    Hi all,

just wondering if anyone was able to get Microsoft Office Communicator/Lync working with this?

I noticed that it is missing a 'domain' field still. but it now has the 'sign in' button which was not present in the old plugin,

Thanks!
    Long Live Web0S!

Zire 71 > Tunsgten T|X > Tungsten T|3 > Treo 650 > Treo 680> HP Veer 4G && HP Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by illuniel-webos View Post
    Hi all,

just wondering if anyone was able to get Microsoft Office Communicator/Lync working with this?

I noticed that it is missing a 'domain' field still. but it now has the 'sign in' button which was not present in the old plugin,

Thanks!
    i would love this as well, but i think the requirement for certificates may pose a problem? (then again maybe not, I'm no dev! )

for a workaround, I use officetalk in android. at the moment its the only way I know to use OC on the touchpad
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I'll do this (OC and GaduGadu) next week. Certificates shouldn't pose a problem (that was one of the reasons I did my own version of the plugins), but there are some quirks left that I don't know how to fix, yet.
    Hello again filmor. I've been noticing very heavy battery drain in the last days, that goes away if I turn off data radios. I'd like to know where to look at, if your latest version could have anything about this. I say that because I didin't install or update anything else (aside from having back Microsoft Exchange against Hotmail, thanks to them updating their servers somehow).

I see there's the older 0.9.2 version available, would you advise to go back to it, or you prefer me to test something else before?

If I'm not actually using your plugin (Messenger, in my case), should it drain battery somehow? I still had big battery drain even not being online in your MSN plugin.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    jcmarcos
    Do you have the same e-mail address in mail app and MSN? If yes, it's issue. I had the same with Jabber account. I had to remove messaging plugins and remove my mail account for stopping battery drain.
    Phone: HP Veer
    Jabber: shura0@ya.ru
    Quote Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    jcmarcos
    Do you have the same e-mail address in mail app and MSN?
    Exactly! I have a "live.com" account, which consists in a "hotmail.com" e-mail, plus its related services, such as Messenger.

If yes, it's issue. I had the same with Jabber account. I had to remove messaging plugins and remove my mail account for stopping battery drain.
    That sounds really, really weird! I've removed "MSN" from the "Accounts" system app, and used Preware to remove the plugin. Now, I'll reboot (even if I wasn't asked for), and will see what happens then.

filmor, what do you think about this?

I also have a Hotmail e-mail which is the same as the MSN-Messender ID. I see only heavy battery drain if I have the Messaging app logged on (the native Skype, for instance, also drains a lot). I would say that with the wonderfull Filmor_'s plug running the drain is faster, but I think that this is related to the continuous comunication with the servers.
    I had drain battery issue even I was not logged in in my Jabber account.
    Quote Originally Posted by saf69 View Post
    I also have a Hotmail e-mail which is the same as the MSN-Messender ID. I see only heavy battery drain if I have the Messaging app logged on.
    That seems most logical. But in my case, it was a severe battery drain, such as Shura's case:

Quote Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    I had drain battery issue even I was not logged in in my Jabber account.
    I didn't notice this happening before, on previous 0.9.2 version of the MSN plugin. Perhaps that was because the other conflicting plugin, Exchange, wasn't working at all. This was because Microsoft changed something in their Hotmail servers, and many people on many platforms suffered from complete lack of service. There's a thread about that. Since a couple of weeks, Hotmail Active Sync ("EAS") is working again, perhaps that would make the prior 0.9.2 version of the MSN plugin fail again. I will install it later, and see what happens, but would like to know filmor's opinion on this.

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Version 0.9.3 was mostly frontend stuff and fix of a very simple bug, so I highly doubt that you could measure a difference in battery drain between this and its predecessor. Can you reproduce your problems? Do you see either the eas or the purple service running amok in top during the high drain times? I think for now I'm with saf69 on that, keeping a connection is just expensive and there's no way around that. You can send me your logs though (should be in /media/internal with the newest version) and I will see if I find something suspect.
    filmor_, is it possible to install plugin on emulator? I'm ready to test it on emulator and not on my phone.
    Just want to report a very good behaviour since version 0.9.3! Stays connected and works like a charm!
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast