Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    This looks like a segfault or similar fatal error in the transport. I'd really need logs on that one

Yep, have that problem too. I'll investigate this.

That should be easily fixable (stripping the resource from all buddies should be enough).

It's the validator app. You shouldn't see it actually, but I guess those flags are not reliable. I might just add a stub program like the one for Uberkernel.

Should be no problem, the framework allows me to add support for protocols quite easily. The only hitch is to add dependencies, which is just a bit of work (I'll give it a try after Wednesday).

Well it /is/ possible, though it's not easy to debug. I will give it a try. Another problem on this is, that the basic code is from HP/Palm and there seem to be some bugs left

Try it
    I don't have a webOS 2.1 device to test. If it doesn't work, send in some logs and I will see what I can do
    I just tried it on Veer 2.1.2, it gets installed without any issues but it does not show anything under the messages, I had to reboot to get rid of the luna icon.
    Although Greg's old plugin works for 2.1.2 but I would like this one to support it as well.
    Any Update On This Filmor
    Working perfectly on my Pre 2 2.4, had a problem with the original gtalk on messaging, now everything works as expected... thank you very much!
    Hi Filmor,

Any update on the 2.1.x??
    Hey Filmor

I will donate $100 if you get WhatsAPP added to this Synergy Plugin.

Here is the API.

https://github.com/venomous0x/WhatsAPI

*EDIT*

Here is the API as well for the Meego client WazApp

https://github.com/tgalal/wazapp

Thanks!
    Last edited by rmausser; 06/12/2012 at 09:45 AM.
    Hey Filmor,

I will donate 20€ if you get whatsapp working with the veer.

thank you, so much so far!
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Hey Filmor

I will donate $100 if you get WhatsAPP added to this Synergy Plugin.
    Count me in with another $50 for exactly the same.

Here is the API: https://github.com/venomous0x/WhatsAPI

Venomous
    Team of Bahraini Developers.

Ahmed Moh'd (fb.com/ahmed.mhd) and Ali Hubail (@hubail)
    Where did this came from? This WhatsApp effort passed completely unnoticed to me!
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Here is the source code for Wazapp, the Whats App client for Meego.

https://github.com/tgalal/wazapp

Since Meego is Linux, I am hoping this will help
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Count me in with another $50 for exactly the same.
    Count me in for US$25 for the same (Touchpad). 2.2.x support would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Renate
    Last edited by renater; 06/13/2012 at 04:24 AM. Reason: 2.2.x support
    I would give as follow

$10 if it works on webos 2.1.x or 2.2.x
    $10 if it can work as synergy plugin like other messengers.
    Perhaps it's time to prepare some kind of account (Paypal, obviously), to let that money pile up... Is there any administrator here that can take care of that?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Perhaps it's time to prepare some kind of account (Paypal, obviously), to let that money pile up... Is there any administrator here that can take care of that?
    Count me in for 10€, if WhatsApp-Support works as synergy plugin on Veer & Pre3. Would something like RocketHub work to collect the reward?

@jcmarcos: My device resume looks kind of yours: C64, Amiga 2000, Palm IIIx, Visor, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 2, Pre 3... But I love my Pre 3 and still choose webOS over any other mobile OS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    Would something like RocketHub work to collect the reward?
    Hey, that site looks nice... But perhaps it's innecesarily complex: I guess we only need Derek to open a Paypal account for each project, and post here the donation link, for us to fill it with our rewards.

@jcmarcos: My device resume looks kind of yours: C64, Amiga 2000, Palm IIIx, Visor, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 2, Pre 3... But I love my Pre 3 and still choose webOS over any other mobile OS!!!
    Guess what, there's more people here with a Commodore/Amiga past... Some are easy to discover, just by looking at their avatar!

Considering that this thread is entirely about the Preware messaging plugins, which just take an improved (ie, not crippled) libpurple and attach it to webOS and Synergy, and libpurple does not support WhatsApp, perhaps the WhatsApp discussion should be moved over to the WhatsApp thread ..

http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3332110
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I think there is a link on the first message on this thread to filmor_'s Paypal account, on the very bottom of it, as if it was the "less important thing" (which it isn't).
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    I just tried it on Veer 2.1.2, it gets installed without any issues but it does not show anything under the messages, I had to reboot to get rid of the luna icon.
    Although Greg's old plugin works for 2.1.2 but I would like this one to support it as well.
    If the old ones worked these should(tm) work too. If however someone in the area of Cologne, Ger, had a Veer with 2.1 that could speed up things a lot

Regarding WhatsApp: I actually looked into this (in particular adding this to libpurple). I really dislike people breaking proper protocols like XMPP just for the sake of it, and I really dislike its non-existing security, but my girlfriend uses it so I sort-of have a reason to implement it. Though it will take a lot of time.

WhatsAPI is useless in this regard as it's not really reverse-engineered but instead they pretty much "recorded" connections and feed the corresponding phrases through the sockets. Wazapp is a lot better written and is a good starting point (I have some notes if someone wants to pursue this).

I'm currently quite occupied with writing up my maths thesis, so I'm focusing on the tasks on the way to 1.0, like the roaming problem and the kinda brokenness of the Mojo UI (you might have noticed that the input of text fields is not actually used ).

I'll try to keep you updated.
    jcmarcos likes this.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    If the old ones worked these should(tm) work too. If however someone in the area of Cologne, Ger, had a Veer with 2.1 that could speed up things a lot
    I have a Veer but only with 2.2.4 ;-)
    If you need it to test, no problem.

HaPe

Regarding WhatsApp: I actually looked into this (in particular adding this to libpurple). I really dislike people breaking proper protocols like XMPP just for the sake of it, and I really dislike its non-existing security, but my girlfriend uses it so I sort-of have a reason to implement it. Though it will take a lot of time.

WhatsAPI is useless in this regard as it's not really reverse-engineered but instead they pretty much "recorded" connections and feed the corresponding phrases through the sockets. Wazapp is a lot better written and is a good starting point (I have some notes if someone wants to pursue this).

I'm currently quite occupied with writing up my maths thesis, so I'm focusing on the tasks on the way to 1.0, like the roaming problem and the kinda brokenness of the Mojo UI (you might have noticed that the input of text fields is not actually used ).

I'll try to keep you updated.

Hey Filmor,

Thanks alot for your reply.
    I understand that if Greg's Plugin Works, yours should work too.
    I will reformat my phone today, and try again.
    Will keep you posted.

Thanks again for all the assistance.
    Thankyou very much for every minute you might spend in this. And by the way, keep that girlfriend - She is our best hope!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    I and perhaps most of the developers are totally with you on that point.

HaPe