Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    $50 Donation was given to filmor_ last night.

Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I can confirm it's also working on the Veer [2.2.4] now, filmor helped me out over PM, and will adjust the install script.

10 euro donation sent, thanks a million filmor!
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I just uploaded a new version which incorporates the installation fix W0153R used and HTML sanitisation. Modifying accounts is still missing, that's the next task on our journey to v1.0

Could some mod please move this thread to general webos development and rename it in such a way, that it is clear that this also works on phones? I don't want to open yet another thread on this
    does this work with 3.0.6?
    ill just try and tell you
    Quote Originally Posted by sancase View Post
    does this work with 3.0.6?
    ill just try and tell you
    Do you have 3.0.6?

Bug

Veer 2.2.4
    Accept the account when i go on messaging and i set online don't display the buddies.
    Another bug, if i set only the facebook chat on Messaging when i click online don't go but it's still offline.
    Last edited by wMarck90; 05/27/2012 at 06:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Did you reboot before adding accounts? If you did provide logs (via PM) or ask W0153R how he made it work
    tried it with a 304 tp go, it has the accounts, it signed in using http but wasn't able to signin when trying to actually connect and get my contacts. using msn

I'm about to try it with the 306 tp 9.7
    ok, the tp 9.7 with 306 won't work either. it adds the account but won't actually sign in.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Same question, did you reboot? "Does not work" doesn't help me at all

The usual problem is just that the db-kinds (esp. org.webosinternals.purple.config) aren't registered. This should be fixed by rebooting after the installation. If this is not the error, please provide logs of the installation and login process.
    sorry, restart is done but logs not yet..ill havent done any troubleshooting yet. ill do it later and try and get logs..
    ok, So I tested the devices..it turned out that it was my connection that did the trick....

For the TP 9.7 with 3.0.6 connecting MSN
    I set it up without checking http.
    connected and signed in without a problem.

For the TP Go with 3.0.4
    set it up with http checked.
    Was able to sign in but would drop all my accounts (gtalk,skype) after signing in msn.
    but it will say offline and yet all my msn buddies are still available. but the rest are not (gtalk,skype)
    tried signing in to just gtalk - no problem
    signing in to just msn same problem says offline but the buddies are there.
    Just installed 0.9.2 version on top of previous one with no issues, all seems to work fine.

For the TP Go
    Me jealous...
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
  13. lm1
    Thanks a lot, this is great news! :-)

I have a couple of issues (on a Pre 3, using an XMPP account):

1. The connection often gets stuck in offline state, while the contacts' statuses remain as they were. Killing the org.webosinternals.purple.transport and org.webosinternals.purple.validator allows it to recover.

2. If I initiate a conversation with user@dom.ain, the reply appears as a separate conversation coming from user@dom.ain/resource. This is shown as offline, so while the conversation can continue there, I have to confirm that I want to send to an offline contact after each message.

Let me know if you can't reproduce these and I'll try to dig up logs.

Thanks again for doing this, much appreciated!
    I've just noticed I have a strange new icon in the launcher: Looks like the default Luna icon, and reads "libpurple Messaging ...". Tapping on it opens an empty scene without menus, which just does the loading flash sequence, and nothing more.

What is it?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lm1 View Post
    Thanks a lot, this is great news! :-)

I have a couple of issues (on a Pre 3, using an XMPP account):

1. The connection often gets stuck in offline state, while the contacts' statuses remain as they were. Killing the org.webosinternals.purple.transport and org.webosinternals.purple.validator allows it to recover.

2. If I initiate a conversation with user@dom.ain, the reply appears as a separate conversation coming from user@dom.ain/resource. This is shown as offline, so while the conversation can continue there, I have to confirm that I want to send to an offline contact after each message.

Let me know if you can't reproduce these and I'll try to dig up logs.

Thanks again for doing this, much appreciated!
    I have the same thing. I believe it has to do with synergy although I'm not sure.
    I have a friend with different profiles linked (GTalk, MSN, Facebook etc.)
    If he starts a conversation I get a different chat conversation from the one stored. I then can speak in the "older" one and he still gets it, but his answers come separately. I think if I delete the new conversation and talk again in the old one, that his answers will come eventually to the same.

To be honest I haven't tried it in a conversation with someone without different profiles, so I'm not 100% sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by lm1;3328498If I initiate a conversation with [email
    user@dom.ain[/email], the reply appears as a separate conversation coming from user@dom.ain/resource. This is shown as offline, so while the conversation can continue there, I have to confirm that I want to send to an offline contact after each message.
    Same here with the Gtalk-service. I receive the messages from e.g. user@gmail.com/android in another conversation.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Hi filmor_,

Are You planning to expand Plugins to support other protocols supported by libpurple?
    I was wondering is there a possibility to implement Gadu-Gadu support for Your Plugin.

If You're interested in investigating it info and source of libgadu may come in handy:

Protocol Specific Questions

http://toxygen.net/libgadu/files/libgadu-1.7.0.tar.gz

I would like to use it, but so far can be done only via jabber "transport". It's pain in the a**.

Synergy Plugin would be great. In other case ACL is the only choice I have (and all Polish Pre users).

No pressure tho. Just curiosity.

If Your work leading to working Gadu-Gadu Plugin is worth about 10 Euro I'm willing to donate.

PS

In my Pre3 there is a possibility to add (in Contact App) "GaduGadu" address, but (as expected)it doesn't do anything. It's obvious that there were plans to support GG via libporple, but it is not finished.

Thank God for some Devolopers like You who are filling the gap that HP leave without coverage.

Have a nice day!
    Best regards,

-pretoo-
    Last edited by pretoo; 05/30/2012 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Grammar ;)
    Pre3 (UK, QWERTY, Unlocked)
    webOS 2.2.4 (Build 3175), with UberKernel
    UK App Catalog via Impostah
    Orange [PL]
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    I have the same thing. I believe it has to do with synergy although I'm not sure.
    I have a friend with different profiles linked (GTalk, MSN, Facebook etc.)
    If he starts a conversation I get a different chat conversation from the one stored. I then can speak in the "older" one and he still gets it, but his answers come separately. I think if I delete the new conversation and talk again in the old one, that his answers will come eventually to the same.

To be honest I haven't tried it in a conversation with someone without different profiles, so I'm not 100% sure.
    I've seen the same.
    I assume, this occours alway when the Pre3 roams and got leaks in the connectivity to the internet.
    The mostly the facebook chat and MSN keeps offline. An other time it was ICQ too.
    I've to logout - restart luna - and relogin then all accounts are on.
    Are there any logs I can append? What will be relevant to debug?

/edit
    I've tested it again and even a series of logoffs and logons keeps i.e ICQ from reconnection to the server.
    And I see no way to reconnect a service without disconnect any accounts and logon again. :-(
    No automatic mechanism to reconnect possible?
    Last edited by Gonozal_VIII; 06/01/2012 at 04:43 PM.
    does this work on webos 2.1.x as well...
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    For the TP Go with 3.0.4
    set it up with http checked.
    Was able to sign in but would drop all my accounts (gtalk,skype) after signing in msn.
    but it will say offline and yet all my msn buddies are still available. but the rest are not (gtalk,skype)
    tried signing in to just gtalk - no problem
    signing in to just msn same problem says offline but the buddies are there.
    This looks like a segfault or similar fatal error in the transport. I'd really need logs on that one

Yep, have that problem too. I'll investigate this.

That should be easily fixable (stripping the resource from all buddies should be enough).

Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I've just noticed I have a strange new icon in the launcher: Looks like the default Luna icon, and reads "libpurple Messaging ...". Tapping on it opens an empty scene without menus, which just does the loading flash sequence, and nothing more.

What is it?
    It's the validator app. You shouldn't see it actually, but I guess those flags are not reliable. I might just add a stub program like the one for Uberkernel.

Quote Originally Posted by pretoo View Post
    Hi filmor_,

Are You planning to expand Plugins to support other protocols supported by libpurple?
    I was wondering is there a possibility to implement Gadu-Gadu support for Your Plugin.
    Should be no problem, the framework allows me to add support for protocols quite easily. The only hitch is to add dependencies, which is just a bit of work (I'll give it a try after Wednesday).

Quote Originally Posted by Gonozal_VIII View Post
    I've tested it again and even a series of logoffs and logons keeps i.e ICQ from reconnection to the server.
    And I see no way to reconnect a service without disconnect any accounts and logon again. :-(
    No automatic mechanism to reconnect possible?
    Well it /is/ possible, though it's not easy to debug. I will give it a try. Another problem on this is, that the basic code is from HP/Palm and there seem to be some bugs left

Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    does this work on webos 2.1.x as well...
    Try it
    I don't have a webOS 2.1 device to test. If it doesn't work, send in some logs and I will see what I can do
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast