Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    That problem is known but I won't be able to work on this until Monday.

I've added a Mojo package that works for simple use cases (the options aren't processed properly, also not the ones from the template making Facebook Chat not work). Further work on this will also have to wait until Monday, but at least ICQ and MSN should work (to the same degree as on the Touchpad).
    jcmarcos likes this.
    Tried Pre3 version of synergy plugins,

seems to work somewhat, I am confident you or someone else will make it better and better as time goes on.

So, I get paid tomorrow. Expect $50

Thanks so much bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Tried Pre3 version of synergy plugins
    WHOA! How did you made it work? I just can't.

I've downloaded the "mojo" version from the frist page of this thread, copied to my Pre 3, installed flawlessly with Preware, and did a Luna restart just in case.

Started the "Accounts" app in "System", where I can see my SIM, Palm profile, Exchange (for Hotmail) and Skype accounts (the later was created for testing, almost never used). I can see a "Live Messenger", iconless entry at the bottom, that I don't remember having before or not. It shows my Hotmail account and, when tapping on it, I'm told that this type of account is not available on this device. Huh? Should I delete it, as it's the only available option?

Go back, push the add acount button, and happily see more options than before. I choose "MSN", and input my Windows Live details: My ID is my Hotmail account. I don't dare to touch any single advanced option below (theres empty server details). I sign in, and the account is created flawlessly.

I open the chat app, go to buddy list, and click on the status display to get online. Once I'm available, I attempt to chat with my brother, but he's not online in MSN... But in fact he is, as I've checked in the "live.com" web page. So, in the chat app, I use the menu to get to the accounts, enter the MSN account configuration, attempt to login again (wasn't I already logged in?), and it says "unknown error".

So back to the Accounts app in System, I delete that "Live Messenger" account that was "not available". It doesn't come off the list, tried twice. Did a Luna restart, still there. Finally, I also deleted the recently created MSN account, to start afresh but how do I remove that "Live Messenger" account?
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Live Messenger does certainly not come from me. If it doesn't work from the UI you might try to do it from a console (wterm or easier novaterm) by using
    Code:
    luna-send -n 1 -f palm://com.palm.service.accounts/listAccounts '{}'
    to find the account and then doing
    Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.service.accounts/deleteAccount '{"accountId": "<the accountId from before"}'
    If that doesn't work either you might have to dig deeper and remove the data directly from the db.

Some people suggested that things work if you restart the device. I've restarted mine a lot during the debugging so I can't really tell if it's necessary, but I will also try to work that out
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    Live Messenger does certainly not come from me.
    Sorry, who's the one I should talk to?

If it doesn't work from the UI you might try to do it from a console (wterm or easier novaterm) by using
    Code:
    luna-send -n 1 -f palm://com.palm.service.accounts/listAccounts '{}'
    to find the account and then doing
    Code:
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.service.accounts/deleteAccount '{"accountId": "<the accountId from before"}'
    If that doesn't work either you might have to dig deeper and remove the data directly from the db.
    Brilliant advice. But I didn't see that empty "Live Messenger" account that I do see in the accounts app listing, just the four working ones ("Exchange", "Skype", "Palm Profile", "SIM" and the new "MSN"). Pretty weird, I guess I should nuke it from the database, which can be very delicate. Please see the first attached screenshot.

Some people suggested that things work if you restart the device.
    Indeed they do! I've been happily chatting with my brother, thanks! But he appears as "Other concact", and he is that contact right at the bottom, partially obscured, shown as "Disconnected". Please see the second attached screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Brilliant advice. But I didn't see that empty "Live Messenger" account that I do see in the accounts app listing, just the four working ones ("Exchange", "Skype", "Palm Profile", "SIM" and the new "MSN"). Pretty weird, I guess I should nuke it from the database, which can be very delicate. Please see the first attached screenshot.
    I think that this is the old Greg's Original Plug-In. If you downloaded the plug in before, re install it, delete the account, de-install the plug in and check if this works. I had the same problem and this is how I solved it. I wil try with the MSN and my pre 3 now.
    It is not working on my Pre 3. I did everyting I could. Installed it, made re-start. Added the account, made a new re-start, and I do not see any new contacts (the ones that use MSN Messenger) on the messaging app. The only thing I have that might do some trouble is the "invisible" patch for skype. I will remove it, new start and check again.
    Quote Originally Posted by saf69 View Post
    I think that this is the old Greg's Original Plug-In. If you downloaded the plug in before, re install it, delete the account, de-install the plug in and check if this works. I had the same problem and this is how I solved it. I wil try with the MSN and my pre 3 now.
    Exactly! I completely forgot I installed (and uninstalled) Greg's plugins long ago. I should have deleted the accounts that depended on them before uninstalling, because they don't delete themselves. That would be great, of course.

So I've reinstalled them (they are huge!), and with no Luna restart or whatever, I now see that rogue account with its icon... Good sign! Tapped over it, deleted, gone! I've uninstalled again Greg's plugins, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Exactly! I completely forgot I installed (and uninstalled) Greg's plugins long ago. I should have deleted the accounts that depended on them before uninstalling, because they don't delete themselves. That would be great, of course.

So I've reinstalled them (they are huge!), and with no Luna restart or whatever, I now see that rogue account with its icon... Good sign! Tapped over it, deleted, gone! I've uninstalled again Greg's plugins, of course.
    Hi jcmarcos,

Did it work now for you? It is really not working for me! :-(
    So, I removed the "Skype Invisible Patch". Nothing works. Installed and removed and restarted the Pre 3 many times, no new contacts (not all my friends and family have Skype). Interesting is that when I chose "available" or "busy", the only go half green or half orange. I saw this before on Messaging, and seems to be that you are not 100% busy or connected (you are not logged in at least to one of the services or you are logged in at least in one of the services).
    If I try to check the account properties from within the Messaging app, there is no Account name (Filmor_, just for you: "Kontoname") and if I type my password there, then I get the yellow triangle with "Failure"(agin for you Filmor_: "Unbekannter Fehler").
    Even on the Accounts app, if I re-type the password there, there is the same error message.

Any idea, what am I doing wrong?
    Deleted and tryed with the HTTP method option marked. Worked!

Next step is to try with the "Invisible Skype Patch".
    I've installed the mojo version of this on my Pre 3 and I can happily report that it works. Well... kinda

I restarted the phone immediately after install. I found I still had accounts from the old patch, so i reinstalled that, deleted those accounts and then uninstalled the patch. Then I entered my facebook credentials and it just started like magic. It didn't pull in profile pictures, but I discovered a further device restart fixes that, and it takes a good few minutes to associate the ID codes with the names of your friends. I've just been chatting with a couple of facebook friends on my phone and it's great to have it back! HOWEVER when I went to sign out to save my battery, it wouldn't. It reports me as being offline, but still shows online friends and the only thing that seems to get me fully offline is a device restart - even a luna restart just seems to put me back online again.

I also tried my msn account and while my desktop reported that my account had been logged in from elsewhere, none of my buddies showed up in the list.

Overall though, this is a fantastic first step and I just wanted to share my negative experiences in the hope that it can help you improve it further. Good job!
    Google Talk seems to work fine (Pre 3) - I'm excited if this might fix the signal loss-connection issue.

/edit After 6hrs of usage it seems like this is what I've waited for :-)
    I was wrong, it's still happening :-(
    Last edited by HelmutsKohl; 05/22/2012 at 10:55 AM.
    MSN seems to be working even with "Invisible Skype Patch". I mean, until now, no one called me, and I saw who was on-line!
    Anyone tried on Veer with 2.1.1? I can't get it to log into the ICQ accounts.
    Anyone else having a problem of logging into multiple accounts? I can't seem to login into the messaging default Gtalk and MSN at the same time.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by saf69 View Post
    Deleted and tryed with the HTTP method option marked. Worked!
    I'm glad you made it work, I couldn't anwser you earlier. The fact is that I did nthing special to get it working, aside from a reboot.

I'm curious about those options that acompany the "http method" you've used. Are they documented anywhere? Also, can anybody explain if there's some kind of permanent connection? I mean, when connection is lost, does the plugin login automatically? Also, does it abuse the battery a lot to be constrantly online, on MSN, for example?

Quote Originally Posted by aia832003 View Post
    Anyone else having a problem of logging into multiple accounts? I can't seem to login into the messaging default Gtalk and MSN at the same time.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Nevermind. Got them to work using filmor's plugins instead of default Gtalk.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Anyone tried on Veer with 2.1.1? I can't get it to log into the ICQ accounts.
    Even I cant get into any of the accounts in my Veer

any help will be greatly appreciated
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Okay guys, ready to debug

Simplest thing is to send me your logs (but first go through them and see if any passwords are included in clear-text and tell so that I can fix those), I will also do some extensive testing tomorrow and maybe this afternoon. The remaining buddies thing should be easily fixable as I can reproduce it, for everything else that you want to have fixed PLEASE file bug reports. I'm running a bit out of time with my thesis so I have to work a bit more target-oriented on this

I can /not/ debug anything on the Veer for now (though I might have the time next weekend to install the emulator if there is one), but if you send me logs that greatly improves the potential of me finding where it breaks

I will also improve the installation because I don't think that restarts are actually needed.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast