Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
  1.    #1  
    Introducing AIOSettings. This very simple app combines all the Touchpad settings apps into one. Not much to it really...

A few of the apps do open in new cards and I haven't been able to fix that yet. Still looking into it though... I'd appreciate all feedback, good and bad!

Related Articles
    AIOSettings homebrews together a unified System Preferences app for TouchPad | webOS Nation
    AIOSettings : Les préférences centralisées pour webOS
    HP TouchPad Update: More Things To Do With Your WebOS Tablet

Preview

Where can I get it?
    - Find it in Preware under Applications > System Utilities.
    - In the webOSNation App Gallery.
    - Direct ipk download

Want the source code?
    https://github.com/Choorp/AIOSettings

Known Issues
    1. Bluetooth, Print Manager, Software Manager, Text Assist, and VPN launch new cards when they are opened.
    2. Device Info has some odd "glitchy" animations when navigating the app.

Changelog
    - New icon courtesy of drewksparks!
    - Fixed resizing issue when expanding the right pane.
    - Added Device Info, Software Manager, and System Updates.

- Removed 'Device info' since it's not really a settings app.
    - Fixed an issue with the bottom toolbar in apps being covered up.
    - Changed the name to be more descriptive.
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 08/21/2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: adding GitHub link
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    G, you make me proud.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 04:16 PM.
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    Well done
    Stay thirsty, my friends
    WEELLLPP time to add "visible: false" to all the appinfo.json's.......

Thanks a bunch!

Things you're probably aware of but I'll just post:

When you slide pane over, the content in the right pane doesn't adjust to the new size
    Sometimes (like in device info) it gets weird when switching to More Info and stuff.
    Bluetooth requires a newly opened card?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Maybe HP could take you on as well as Jason for their internship
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    good job Garrett !! Thanks sir !
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    WEELLLPP time to add "visible: false" to all the appinfo.json's.......

Thanks a bunch!

Things you're probably aware of but I'll just post:

When you slide pane over, the content in the right pane doesn't adjust to the new size
    Sometimes (like in device info) it gets weird when switching to More Info and stuff.
    Bluetooth requires a newly opened card?
    1. Yea, I need to look into that... or maybe just figure out a better way to list the different apps.
    2. Wow, didn't notice that. lol. I have no idea what's causing it. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to include Device Info in AIOS since it's not really a settings app... Might take it out.
    2. Bluetooth, Print Manager, Text Assist, and VPN all want to open new cards when launched. Going to see how to fix that. If anyone has any ideas, I'm listening.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Maybe HP could take you on as well as Jason for their internship
    Oh man, I'm not even in their league... haha.
    Very nice...
    I, for one, would like to suggest that you rename the app from "AIOS" to "AIO Settings" or "All-In-One Settings" so the app name is a little more clearly descriptive.
    Garrett92C likes this.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    Very nice...
    I, for one, would like to suggest that you rename the app from "AIOS" to "AIO Settings" or "All-In-One Settings" so the app name is a little more clearly descriptive.
    I think that's a good idea.
    WknThDg likes this.
    I'd also suggest that the version should be 0.X or 0.X.X since it's a beta release.
    Garrett92C likes this.
  12.    #12  
    Improved a couple small things and fixed a somewhat major issue real quick. I also brought the version number down to better reflect the "beta" status. You'll need to uninstall the current app before installing the new ipk. Sorry for the troubles...

Changelog:
    - Removed 'Device info' since it's not really a settings app.
    - Fixed an issue with the bottom toolbar in apps being covered up.
    - Changed the name to be more descriptive.
    Garrett - you da man! How did no one think of this before? Awesome!

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Garrett - you da man! How did no one think of this before? Awesome!
    Actually, it was on Derek's wishlist. I just figured I'd do something nice for you guys...
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 05/05/2012 at 10:32 PM. Reason: clarified wording
    shadavis08 likes this.
    How about you add Device Info to the AIOS menu? It's convenient to be able to reach it from here, and you could add other "non-settings" items if you think they're helpful (I actually liked having it onscreen for a one-stop-shop, but I respect the focus).
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    How about you add Device Info to the AIOS menu? It's convenient to be able to reach it from here, and you could add other "non-settings" items if you think they're helpful (I actually liked having it onscreen for a one-stop-shop, but I respect the focus).
    I'm not sure if I want to add 'Device Info' back since it was acting really strange when going into 'More info' or changing tabs. Dunno what's up with that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Actually, it was on Derek's wishlist. I just figured I'd do something nice for you guys...
    Awwww shucks
    My 3rd suggestion (I'm on a roll )...
    You should post a comment on Derek Kessler's "The webOS Wish List A unified Preferences app" article with a link to this thread to help make more members aware of your work on this app.
    alacrify and shadavis08 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    Awwww shucks
    My 3rd suggestion (I'm on a roll )...
    You should post a comment on Derek Kessler's "The webOS Wish List A unified Preferences app" article with a link to this thread to help make more members aware of your work on this app.
    That article's had all the traffic it's ever going to get.
    but you could point from the wishlist thread to this. that's more active.

this apps seems to be a nice one, can't test it as i don't have a touchpad. But if there will b port to phones with webos 2.2.4, i would apply as tester.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Oh man, I'm not even in their league... haha.
    Look up sugar_dave's story about how much experience is required versus how much good you can do while you gain experience.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Garrett92C likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast