Like Tree10Likes
  • 9 Post By xcrico
  • 1 Post By xandros9
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I just wanted to thank the homebrew community for making webos more awesome than it already it is. I have loved webos since 2009 but have never had a webos based product. When the touchpad went on sale at woot the other day I decided to buy one. First thing I did was read the getting started guide. Updated to 3.0.5, minimized logging, downloaded webos quick install and downloaded preware. Then installed the uberkernel and overclocked it to 1.5. This thing blazes at 1.5. I'll admit, at first I was a little disappointed with the lag of webos on the touchpad, but after getting rid of logging and overclocking, this thing blazes. I also paid for 10 apps cause I wanted to support the developer community.

Sorry for the rambling, just wanted to say thanks everyone!

webOS is awesome!

Jon
    amen
    Vistaus likes this.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Yes! You all rock!

I was lucky enough to get a firesale Touchpad and had to wait months to get it. Before it even arrived I was combing the homebrew forum looking at all the goodies. You all make the Touchpad even cooler than it already is!

Special props to artxxork who just recently updated a patch for me.

Thanks homebrewers!
    I like Webos on the Touchpad. I admit I've also loaded Cyanogen Android, since there are more apps available but still like Webos. I think Webos and the apps it does have are better. I hope Webos lives on and prospers.
    Quote Originally Posted by xcrico View Post
    I just wanted to thank the homebrew community for making webos more awesome than it already it is. I have loved webos since 2009 but have never had a webos based product. When the touchpad went on sale at woot the other day I decided to buy one. First thing I did was read the getting started guide. Updated to 3.0.5, minimized logging, downloaded webos quick install and downloaded preware. Then installed the uberkernel and overclocked it to 1.5. This thing blazes at 1.5. I'll admit, at first I was a little disappointed with the lag of webos on the touchpad, but after getting rid of logging and overclocking, this thing blazes. I also paid for 10 apps cause I wanted to support the developer community.

Sorry for the rambling, just wanted to say thanks everyone!

webOS is awesome!

Jon
    I’ll drink to that (but these days, I’ll drink to just about anything!)

The homebrew community has made my webOS experience a wonderful journey and I am truly thankful for the patches and apps that they have contributed.

Just got a used TouchPad from Amazon and think it is amazing. I feel another life changing experience coming on as I discover all of the homebrew goodies for the TouchPad.

Time to contribute again!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~