1.    #1  
    I just installed ICS on my Touchpad. If I now instal the F15C Kernal and overclock to 1.7Ghz, will that overclock apply across both platforms, or only the WebOS side. Anything I need to watch out for with this combination?
    Overclocking in webOS has no effect in Android and vice-versa.

If you're overclocking to 1.7, why not just use the stable UberKernel, instead of the alpha F15?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Just curious, but what do you need both cores fulltime for?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  4.    #4  
    Well, I'm actually just starting to delve into the Touchpad. I bought it for my daughter because it was cheap, and I have had my Palm Pre + for a year and a half. The Pre is overclocked(with Uberkernal) and tweaked to my liking, I really love WebOS, but I am coming up on an upgrade and figuring out what I want. I am pretty sure that I am going to get a Galaxy Nexus and I wanted to start exploring Ice Cream Sandwich prior to making my decision, hence porting it on to the Touchpad. Now I am considering overclocking the TP only because I can! Hell, I figure, why not? I actually have not read much about the Uberkernal(for Touchpad), but had seen that the F15 could do 1.7Ghz. I am assuming by your response, that the Uberkernal can do the same, but more stable?

The only reason I asked the question was that I was interested to see Ice Cream Sandwich running at 1.7Ghz. More curiousity than anything else. No real "need" at all.
    <clarified title>

I haven't found any real need for overclocking ICS. I'm sure there's a way to do it, but I haven't looked into it. You'll get a good feel of what it's like without it.

Uberkernel is stable, and can clock to 1.8GHz, and also uses less power than the "blazing" F15.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Less power, and I saw no real difference day-to-day with F15. I'm currently running Warthog @ 1.7ghz with no trouble. Under Uberkernel I was having some issues.

It occurs to me that this may be a more interesting question for open webOS.
    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Daughain; 04/29/2012 at 09:22 PM.