1.    #1  
    current version is 12.04 and I know with preware it can be setup to run in a card on top of webOS but I was thinking I'd prefer multiboot. Since I assume it would run better not having both OSes running at the same time. I've also been considering android as well if it is complete enough for me to bother with. I posted about that elsewhere and I'm awaiting replies. But anyways if multiboot ubuntu is possible could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks much.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    It's possible, and fairly easy good. There's a thread over on XDA that covers native Ubuntu install and the dev work still being done. Look in 'other webOS development' as I recall. Take a look and see if that meets your needs.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  3.    #3  
    I found the thread but it seems out of date. 0.0.4 alpha and video indicates a lot of missing functionality. I was of the impression the current version of ubuntu (12.04) was arm ready or whatever you want to call it. So that it could be natively installed on tablets. The impression I get from the little I read, it is hacking the desktop ubuntu onto the TP requiring patching in drivers to the kernel and whatnot. Basically like they are building everything from scratch.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    0.0.4 alpha is the latest release. And since the port started last year, yes, everything had to be built from scratch.

Ubuntu 12.04 release is not OOB compatible on the TP, some effort is still required to get to run cleanly. Beyond that, the install scripts are about the easiest I've seen for setting up the partition with moboot. Also, there is still no functional gpu acceleration or sound.

There are other ports such as arch and debian available as well, I just don't know the state of those ports.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities