Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  1.    #1  
    i like to start developping some apps for the dutch speaking users but digging myself into the palm sdk i get very confused, at one side you have the palm sdk generated app framework to start with. at the other side you have enyo 1.0 and 2.0 . Enyo 2.0 seems especially interesting since it is cross platform and the apps run also in a browser witch is great but it is very unclear how you package an enyo 2.0 file in a working ipk. I found a lot of different howto's on the net but they all lack info like in witch file you put your code an what is the basic structure of a webos app.
    I'd like to help you as well, but ran into the same problems.

I think we need the following apps that are quite essential for NL:

9292ov.nl
    ns.nl
    teletekst.nos.nl (whould be fairly easy because the pages are stored in .gif files that could be opened easily)
    nu.nl
    ABN Amro Banking
    ING Banking

I think we might be able to "re-use" or "borrow" some code for 9292ov.nl and ns.nl from some of the other public transport apps for Germany or Switzerland maybe and work from there.

Enyo 2.0 is Touchpad only AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $wouldn$'$t$ $work$ $on$ $phones$ $I$ $think$
    ns.nl yeah. But there's nothing to port for the TP 'cause the NS doesn't even have an app for the iPad or Android-tablet; phones only (I mean optimized for).
    But the NS has an open API so it would be fairly easy to create an app using that API. 9292OV is a bit harder.
    ABN AMRO is much needed, but how would you port a closed source banking app?

nu.nl is on my to-do-list if I ever learn Enyo. nu.nl is easy to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by manuarmata View Post
    i like to start developping some apps for the dutch speaking users but digging myself into the palm sdk i get very confused, at one side you have the palm sdk generated app framework to start with. at the other side you have enyo 1.0 and 2.0 . Enyo 2.0 seems especially interesting since it is cross platform and the apps run also in a browser witch is great but it is very unclear how you package an enyo 2.0 file in a working ipk. I found a lot of different howto's on the net but they all lack info like in witch file you put your code an what is the basic structure of a webos app.
    Packaging is the exact same as all other apps. "palm-package".

Enyo 1.0 is also "cross platform" but only works in webKit based browsers, so not on IE, Opera, or Mozilla, pretty much.

However, if you want to learn Enyo 2.0, the best place to ask your questions is probably on the enyo forums at enyojs.com. Where all of the questions you just asked are already answered.

webOS documentation is on the developer.palm.com site, Enyo 2.0 documentation is on the Enyo site.

Also, Enyo 2.0 barely works on TouchPad some days, and if you are starting off without any understanding of what you're doing, it'd probably be far better for you to start with 1.0, where all the docs are on the webOS developer site.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    ns.nl yeah. But there's nothing to port for the TP 'cause the NS doesn't even have an app for the iPad or Android-tablet; phones only (I mean optimized for).
    But the NS has an open API so it would be fairly easy to create an app using that API. 9292OV is a bit harder.
    ABN AMRO is much needed, but how would you port a closed source banking app?

nu.nl is on my to-do-list if I ever learn Enyo. nu.nl is easy to do.
    For NS there actually it seems there's an app called TreiNS that does it pretty well on phones, porting to TP should be easy. I personally don't like the graphics, but that's cosmetics and it doesn't have predictive station names either while entering it (German Bahnfahrer DOES have it, strange thing is that TreiNS DOES have it in the station list, so it could just be a matter of adding it to the search screen as well).

With regards to 9292ov.nl, you can use the Android APK, use APKTool to unpack it and then use JD-gui to look inside the Java files. It gives you pretty much the whole Java source code

We could also use REISwijzer which has XML version, just we'd need to get hold of the documentation. The Android 9292ov app contains some info we could use for this one too

For ABN Amro we could use APKTool and JD-Gui as well I guess to reverse engineer the Android app
    Last edited by Herrie; 04/22/2012 at 03:11 PM.
    I'm working on a my first app A simple image of the Amsterdam GVB metro lines, closest 10 stations calculation based on GPS location, the station images and info etc.

I might be able to add other bits and pieces as well going forward

Just trying to figure out how to get an imagemap working properly now, so you can click the name/station on the Amsterdam map as well and get the info about the station
    Vistaus likes this.