Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  • 1 Post By rsalinas1
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  • 1 Post By sledge007
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Ok so I just bought a touchpad an I cannot get WOSQI or webOS doctor for that matter to run. I always have to use my roommates laptop when I need to connect my touchpad. In WOSQI, it just says no devices connected. I have my TP in dev mode, even if I click reinstall novacom drivers. IDK what to do or how to fix it. It just seems like my computer doesnt work with it. When I tried using webOS doctor, the next bttuon would stay greyed out so I had to use my roomies laptop again. Even with the Palm Novacom (bootie) driver installed. Any help is appreciated, I've looked around but none of the troubleshooting has helped.
    Try a different USB port, or 2 if you have them.

Failing that you can go into your Start Menu/Run

Then type services.msc

Scroll down to Palm Novacom, stop and restart it, and try connecting again.

Also when using the Doctor, it's better practice to start the Doctor, and only connect the TouchPad once it prompts you to.

It also may be possible that your USB cord has a short in it. If you have another USB cord that you could try it with, it may work.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    rsalinas1 likes this.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Try a different USB port, or 2 if you have them.

Failing that you can go into your Start Menu/Run

Then type services.msc

Scroll down to Palm Novacom, stop and restart it, and try connecting again.

Also when using the Doctor, it's better practice to start the Doctor, and only connect the TouchPad once it prompts you to.

It also may be possible that your USB cord has a short in it. If you have another USB cord that you could try it with, it may work.
    I've tried all 4 of my usb ports and 3 different cables. I will try the services.msc method. Thank you

edit: Thank you the services.msc method worked.
    Last edited by rsalinas1; 03/19/2012 at 03:47 PM.
    sledge007 likes this.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    ok WOSQI works now but webOS doctor still doesnt and the next buton is still greyed out? Any idea. Thanks
    Remember to only plug in your TouchPad when prompted to do so. I suggest running it from your command line (Start Menu/Run/cmd)

Then follow the instructions here:

How To Recover - WebOS Internals

At the command prompt you would type this:

edit, when I open my cmd box, I am in C:\Users\Owner I have to type in cd .. (Enter) and cd .. (Enter) to get to C:\> then type:

cd c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin

Then you will have to find out what your path is to where your webOS Doctor is located, for example mine is:

C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\PALM\webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar

and after you are in directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin>(I would type)java -jar C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\PALM\webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar

Then as you run webOS Doctor, there is a running log in the command prompt telling you what is going on. Should an error happen, you have something that you can copy and paste for someone else to look at.(unless you know how to decipher those already).
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    rsalinas1 likes this.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Remember to only plug in your TouchPad when prompted to do so. I suggest running it from your command line (Start Menu/Run/cmd)

Then follow the instructions here:

How To Recover - WebOS Internals

At the command prompt you would type this:

edit, when I open my cmd box, I am in C:\Users\Owner I have to type in cd .. (Enter) and cd .. (Enter) to get to C:\> then type:

cd c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin

Then you will have to find out what your path is to where your webOS Doctor is located, for example mine is:

C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\PALM\webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar

and after you are in directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin>(I would type)java -jar C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\PALM\webosdoctorp305hstnhwifi.jar

Then as you run webOS Doctor, there is a running log in the command prompt telling you what is going on. Should an error happen, you have something that you can copy and paste for someone else to look at.(unless you know how to decipher those already).
    Ok I am curently at this step in the process and the next button is actually available this time. Does this mean ill have to do it this way all the time if I want webOS doctor to run on my computer?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rsalinas1; 03/19/2012 at 05:08 PM.
    Yes, that is THE way webOS Internals advises everyone to use webOS Doctor.

First sentence in the wiki:

ALWAYS RUN THE WEBOS DOCTOR ON THE COMMAND LINE SO THAT YOU CAN SEE THE CONSOLE OUTPUT WHICH CONTAINS ALL THE DEBUGGING INFORMATION - YOU WILL USUALLY SPOT THE ISSUE IMMEDIATELY IF YOU DO THIS
    rsalinas1 likes this.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Sounds good, at least its working now. Thank you so much for all your help for getting WOSQI and webOS doctor working!
    No worries
    rsalinas1 likes this.