1.    #1  
    Hi all. I have a serious problem with my touchpad in that my drive is really messed up. I had android on it and uninstalled it and then doctor webOS to 3.05. Since then Windows wont' recognize my USB drive and keeps asking me to format it. Big bummer here as its not good to me if I cant access the drive. Windows disk manager says i have 10.64gb primary active partition (RAW) and a 2gb unallocated partion. Another member here suggested for me to get "tailor" from the testing feeds. But i cant seem to get the testing feeds installed.

I have installed the webos SDK and novaterm. But when i get into novaterm and enter the 2 commands i'm suppose to enter i get an error "Unhandled exception error has occured" Arthmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

Any help would be appreciated and i am kinda cross posting here only because i really need to get this solved ASAP and need more eyes to see this.

Thx
  2.    #2  
    Ah well, never did get the testing feeds as it was too much pain in the but. Found an easier way to just wipe the drive with Novaterm. Funny how that was easier than installing the testing feeds just to get to talior.. It really doesn't need to be that hard. There's a reason people are putting android on their tp's haha.

Anyway with a days worth of searching I'm back up and running.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmytvc15 View Post
    It really doesn't need to be that hard. There's a reason people are putting android on their tp's haha.
    Actually there is a very well known reason that the testing feeds require some skill. Really not hard at all, just making sure you have the ability to follow instruction. Basically alpha and beta feeds are meant to be fore testing (ie non-public release).

webOS Internals has been inundated over the years by people that would add the testing feeds without reading the warnings and without any ability to access command line or debug. webOS Internals and many users around here spent countless hours helping people that should have NEVER installed the testing feeds to begin with.

In the end, if you can't follow the instructions to enable the testing feeds, you shouldn't be using the testing feeds, plain and simple.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Actually there is a very well known reason that the testing feeds require some skill. Really not hard at all, just making sure you have the ability to follow instruction. Basically alpha and beta feeds are meant to be fore testing (ie non-public release).

webOS Internals has been inundated over the years by people that would add the testing feeds without reading the warnings and without any ability to access command line or debug. webOS Internals and many users around here spent countless hours helping people that should have NEVER installed the testing feeds to begin with.

In the end, if you can't follow the instructions to enable the testing feeds, you shouldn't be using the testing feeds, plain and simple.
    bla....you know what you can do with that atttitude. I really don't much care for the webos community and that type of attitude. I come here for help and this is what I get. I fixed my problem but it was pretty much from doing research on my own and from ONE nice person here that TRIED to lead me in the right direction. And as I type this it just makes me realize why webos sucks so much. I never make mistakes typing in android but on this os it is a chore.

And to add to that, I wasn't looking to doing any testing, I wanted to fix my touchpad.
    Last edited by Ohmytvc15; 03/02/2012 at 06:13 PM.
    It actually isn't that hard at all, if you read and follow the directions. And for what it's worth, there are EXPLICIT instructions from webOS Internals to simply guide a member to the page here:

Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

Rules that you must agree to before using these feeds

Before you use our testing feeds, please read and agree to the following rules:

1. Anyone participating in WebOS Internals alpha or beta testing of any kind must be prepared to fully erase and webOS Doctor their device at a moment's notice without warning and without any regrets or complaints.

They must be prepared to and able to log into the command line on the device and type Linux commands when instructed to do so. Knowing Linux commands ahead of time is preferred, but not required if you are willing to learn them when necessary or can follow instructions without making mistakes.

3. They must be prepared to go to great and extraordinary lengths to try and reliably reproduce any problems they encounter.

4. They must give full and detailed bug reports, leaving out no piece of information which could possibly be remotely connected to the problem.

5. They must read any and all documentation and forums threads (in their entirety) before asking a question.

6. They must fastidiously follow the forum threads where the alpha testing is being discussed by the authors, and follow precisely any instructions given there.

7.They will never post the raw testing feed URLs or instructions anywhere, but will always refer others directly to this page using only the URL "http://testing.preware.org/"

8.When asking for help, they will include the phrase (which may change occasionally) "I've read the rules". Failure to include the phrase will result in the request for help being silently ignored.

If you're not prepared to do *all* the above, and do it all in good spirit, then please wait for the public release of the item.

If you are prepared to do *all* the above, then by all means please participate in the alpha or beta testing.

Note that everything above is a function of attitude, not of skill.
    So having read all that.....there was no attitude from OldSkool, he was complying with webOS Internals wishes.

A little secret that may have saved you some time/pain... it IS possible to access command line of your device through webOS Quick Install.

Now that you know all of this, I think you should read that over again, and try it again, and let me know how you make out with it. Trust me, it isn't that hard.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    bla....you know what you can do with that atttitude. I really don't much care for the webos community and that type of attitude. I come here for help and this is what I get. I fixed my problem but it was pretty much from doing research on my own and from ONE nice person here that TRIED to lead me in the right direction. And as I type this it just makes me realize why webos sucks so much. I never make mistakes typing in android but on this os it is a chore.

And to add to that, I wasn't looking to doing any testing, I wanted to fix my touchpad.
    It's not OldSkool who has the problem attitude.

There was actually no attitude in my previous post. I was telling you exactly the situation you were speaking of and the circumstances that led up to your frustration.

The post was not directed at you or anyone in a negative way, it actually was not even directed at you. My post was for any forum member seeing your frustrated posts that may not know what you were talking about or why testing feeds are not enabled by default.

I am sorry I was unable to help you, it was not a matter of refusal, it was a matter of me not seeing your initial post, I did not see your thread until the post that said you already had the issue fixed. At this point as you said you were trying to fix your TouchPad, not test alpha or beta items, you also mentioned it being hard to enable the test feeds (so I figured you had found the instructions). These two items made me offering assistance moot.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  8.    #8  
    Fair enough....no worries
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I am sorry I was unable to help you, it was not a matter of refusal, it was a matter of me not seeing your initial post, I did not see your thread until the post that said you already had the issue fixed. At this point as you said you were trying to fix your TouchPad, not test alpha or beta items, you also mentioned it being hard to enable the test feeds (so I figured you had found the instructions). These two items made me offering assistance moot.
    I missed his posts as well, not sure why. I've never installed android on my touchpad so have no direct experience but the issue of removing leftover android partitions has been discussed more than once in the forums so perhaps could have helped search. Slightly ironic to compare WebOS so negatively to Android in a thread about WebOS getting messed up installing Android, I know, I know, I should behave. Ohmytvc15, congrats if you got it fixed, if it turns out you're still having problems I'd be happy to try to help.