Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
  1.    #121  
    Hmm, either I didn't update the control file correctly or it's not gone through yet. If it has the new icon in-app then it's 1.3.0, otherwise it's 1.2.2 (Screenshots update independently of the feed)
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    The updates I see in Preware on TouchPad are ES 1.1.2 and WFS 1.2.2
    No updates available on the Veer and running 1.0

Odd.

The actual launcher icon should be changed as well imo....up to you though.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    @Stanley I'm always up for a challenge
    Awesomeness !

have you tried manually connecting/mapping it?
    Yes. Nothing. "The network path \\Pre\Internal\ cannot be found"

The fact that you can change preferences means the service is running. Does /opt/etc/smb.conf exist?
    No. However : possible aha! : /opt/etc/samba/smb.conf does exist. Although: just copying smb.conf from the samba dir to opt/etc doesn't fix things. [UPDATE] Just looked at my Touchpad, and it also has smb.conf in /opt/etc/samba

-- stan
    Last edited by Stanley Krute; 03/04/2012 at 12:23 PM.
    In the Windows world, it would be nice if Preferences let one set the workgroup name.
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Krute View Post
    Awesomeness !

Yes. Nothing. "The network path \\Pre\Internal\ cannot be found"

No. However : possible aha! : /opt/etc/samba/smb.conf does exist. Although: just copying smb.conf from the samba dir to opt/etc doesn't fix things. [UPDATE] Just looked at my Touchpad, and it also has smb.conf in /opt/etc/samba

-- stan
    Bleh, that's the correct directory, I didn't pay attention when I was typing. Hmm, right... Have you got a terminal app installed? If you execute the following and your device appears in windows, it's service-related:
    su
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.shiftyaxel.wifisharing.samba/samba/startSamba.sh
  6.    #126  
    Yeah, that's another thing I'm meaning to add. Shouldn't be too hard to do though, my script already handles most preferences,
    In the Windows world, it would be nice if Preferences let one set the workgroup name.
    Didn't seem to matter for me. My win7 desktop saw it automatically even though it's not in the same workgroup.
    What makes webOS great is not the hardware, not HP (lol), and not just the OS features -- rather, it is the community support as demonstrated by this great App example from ShiftyAxel. This type of active community effort is what makes webOS standout and is the main reason it has a chance of succeeding. Bravo!

$100 is on its way in appreciation!

Thank you.
    Last edited by jrwolff; 01/21/2013 at 01:12 PM.
    I agree. We are part of a great community. I was thinking this morning how one of the most important characteristics of our webOS developer community is integrity as a guiding principle. I had no concerns about installing this on my Touchpad (still need to install it on my Pre2). I would be very concerned about installing a similar app from the wild west Android market.
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrwolff View Post
    What makes webOS great in not the hardware, not HP (lol), and not just the OS features -- rather, it is the community support as demonstrated by this great App example from ShiftyAxel. This type of active community effort is what makes webOS standout and is the main reason it has a chance of succeeding. Bravo!

$100 is on its way in appreciation!

Thank you.
    Goodness me, thank you so much! I nearly fell out of my chair when I got the email from paypal!

Working on a new version as we speak, trying to add some shines as well as good functionality
    geekpeter likes this.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    a question.

This app works well (donation will be on its way soon - probably not as large as the previous donation....)

Anyway, if we have a client app that could connect to Samba shares, we could then do TouchPad to TouchPad copies.

So, is anyone looking at this? Is it that hard to do?

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    a question.

This app works well (donation will be on its way soon - probably not as large as the previous donation....)

Anyway, if we have a client app that could connect to Samba shares, we could then do TouchPad to TouchPad copies.

Alan
    I use my PC as a "bridge" between my 3 TP's and my Pre3. Each device is a mapped drive on the PC. I use the good (old) Norton Commander to copy or move files between any 2 devices or the PC. NC is similar to the Commander App available for webOS. Other PC file managers should work well too.
    Have you got a terminal app installed?
    Yep, Novaterm.

If you execute the following and your device appears in windows, it's service-related:
    su
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.shiftyaxel.wifisharing.samba/samba/startSamba.sh
    Device does not appear. In Novaterm, the shell responds with this :

sh: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.shiftyaxel.wifisharing.samba/samba/startSamba.sh: not found
    Sorry I don't think I could wait 14 hours for a 200 mb file to send to my touchpad. So yeah I'll just plug it in.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrwolff View Post
    I use my PC as a "bridge" between my 3 TP's and my Pre3. Each device is a mapped drive on the PC. I use the good (old) Norton Commander to copy or move files between any 2 devices or the PC. NC is similar to the Commander App available for webOS. Other PC file managers should work well too.
    But I'd like to do it without a pc in the way.

it works with ANDSMB on my CM9 device. I'd like the same facility on my webOS device

alan
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    a question.

Alan
    you already can if both touchpads have samba and enyo drive mapper, just map each other, i do for my touchpad to pre3 and other way round.
    ShiftyAxel likes this.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Whats the Enyo drive mapper?

Never mind - found it. Thanks.
    Last edited by alan sh; 03/04/2012 at 04:20 PM.
    On my Pre+, I did a complete uninstall-reboot-reinstall-reboot cycling just to see if any early cruft was messing things up. Still a no-go.
  19.    #139  
    On my Pre+, I did a complete uninstall-reboot-reinstall-reboot cycling just to see if any early cruft was messing things up. Still a no-go.
    Hmm, if that script doesn't exist then the others probably don't either, which means it couldn't activate itself if it wanted. Does /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.shiftyaxel.wifisharing.samba exist?

Also @bluerq, I implemented the new images, they're excellent and you should be seeing them in the upcoming 1.4.0 release
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 03/04/2012 at 05:26 PM.
    wow axelll.
    thanks for this fantastic app.
    now i can stream photo, music and movie directly in my tv with apple tv2.
    try with touchpsd and pre3 and i've got the same great result. (HD movie sometimes freeze but nothing bad).
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast