Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
    where would I verify that? Thanks for the response btw I did check My Network places before I posted to this thread, I didn't see anything except default MSN nonsense
  2.    #62  
    @cldavis3 The app will stay connected if it's in the background, but if the screen turns off the device's wifi will go to sleep and disrupt the connection. The app stops the screen from dimming if it's in the foreground, thus preventing any dropouts. I'm going to look into keeping the screen on regardless of the app's focus, but for the meantime I recommend either NoDoze or manually setting the screen to never turn off.

@jeanjean You can verify it with Internalz Pro, navigate to /opt/etc/samba and check if smb.conf is there. If it is, can you post it's contents here? That way I can begin to work out if it's an issue with the service, an issue with the app or an issue with samba.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    @drewksparks: curious, it seems kind of hit and miss who it works for. What version of OSX are you running? Also can you open the Preferences menu and change the options?
    @ShiftyAxel
    I'm running Snow Leopard, on my MacBook. No problems with the preferences screen. I'm at school now, I'll try it on another computer. I tried changing the options, but to no avail.
    (Still not working after complete {Read: all dependencies} uninstall.)

Just curious, if i did get it working, could I add a password by inserting text into /opt/etc/samba/smbpassword?
    **Developer of Pandora Tablet for Touchpad** (Click to Download)

@drewksparks_dev on Twitter

Devices: Palm Pre 2 and 32gb Touchpad

I'm a webOS freak, according to my mother.
  4.    #64  
    So long as at least one share is both Available and Browseable it should show up in Windows Explorer/Finder. Non-browseable shares have to be mapped/connected to manually. I'd take note that it might not work on a school network, my uni's proxy seems to interfere with it.

It should be perfectly possible to setup a password, but you'd have to use the smbuser terminal command and set it up that way. You'd also have to change the security method from share to user in smb.conf. It's a complicated, hateful procedure that I hope to automate one of these days
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Install it on my Touchpad but cant get my Win7 machine to see it. In app the preferences button is grayed out. I do have a smb.conf file on TP.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    works very great on my win7 pc with pre3 and tp! give thanks.

if you cant see the webos devices in the windows explorer, maybe you have to activate the network discovery in the Network and Sharing Center.
    @Ubuntite: How do you mean? As in the share names themselves (ex. Public, Internal, Root, ext3fs)? That should be doable
    Exactly!
    @stefbu What version of webOS are you running? Also what version of Win7? Home Premium? Ultimate? Also have you tried mapping it as a network drive through My Computer? (instructions in OP)
    -------------------------------------------------
    Hi,

Awesome idea for an app. Just trying to get it working.

I have a Pre2 running WebOS 2.2.4.

The app installed on the Pre fine and could start after rebooting. The problem is I can't get it to show on my laptop (windows 7 professional 64 bit). I tried to map it as a network drive and saw "Pre" (which I assume is this share) in the list to select from. When I clicked on it I got the message:
    Windows cannot access \\PRE
    Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify
    and resolve network problems, click Diagnose

under details I got: Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found

When I press "diagnose", it goes away and fails.

Any idea on how to proceed.

I'd be more than willing to make a donation if this app works.

Thanks,

Howard
    Nice work! Painless install, copied a small video from my Win 7 desktop. Has anyone tested file size limits? I assume Samba is going to enforce any filesystem limits on the back end and report an error back to the PC. I was curious though on how performance was copying a large file like a movie compared to the USB transfer, which has got to be the slowest USB transfer on earth.
    for all of you that you cannot get it to work (one clue is the Preferences menu grayed out), installing EasySamba and WiFi File Sharing from Preware is not enough! Install also "Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$&$quot$;, $because$ $it$ $is$ $not$ $listed$ $as$ $a$ $dependency$.

@developer: great work, please add "Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$&$quot$; $as$ $a$ $dependency$ $of$ $WiFi$ $File$ $Sharing$
    weird bug: I see on network one extra dummy device named: "TouchPad Samba Share (Devicename)". (it disappeared after a windows restart)
    Last edited by rioachim; 03/02/2012 at 11:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by howardbw View Post
    -------------------------------------------------
    Hi,

Awesome idea for an app. Just trying to get it working.

I have a Pre2 running WebOS 2.2.4.

The app installed on the Pre fine and could start after rebooting. The problem is I can't get it to show on my laptop (windows 7 professional 64 bit). I tried to map it as a network drive and saw "Pre" (which I assume is this share) in the list to select from. When I clicked on it I got the message:
    Windows cannot access \\PRE
    Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify
    and resolve network problems, click Diagnose

under details I got: Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found

When I press "diagnose", it goes away and fails.

Any idea on how to proceed.

I'd be more than willing to make a donation if this app works.

Thanks,

Howard
    if installed correctly any errors will be on the windows side, usually its deactivated admin services that do it, ive always had a nightmare on vista/windows7, been pointlessly difficult for "home" users after XP, if its not the services issue sometimes its the damned permissions.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Very nice! I can see the Samba server on my Win7 machine and on my DroidX phone.
    Hey i got a problem to connect my Pre3 with my Windows 7 x86.
    I tried to change the workgroup to default and rebootet my pc and my pre3 but it wont work.
    here is my smb.conf file.

edit:
    i just watched the smb.conf file with my editor and saw there is a point "workgroup = WORKGROUP"
    my pc isnt in that workgroup, can i change this option in wifi file share?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by franzmueller; 03/02/2012 at 12:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rioachim View Post
    for all of you that you cannot get it to work (one clue is the Preferences menu grayed out), installing EasySamba and WiFi File Sharing from Preware is not enough! Install also "Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$&$quot$;, $because$ $it$ $is$ $not$ $listed$ $as$ $a$ $dependency$.

@developer: great work, please add "Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$&$quot$; $as$ $a$ $dependency$ $of$ $WiFi$ $File$ $Sharing$
    weird bug: I see on network one extra dummy device named: "TouchPad Samba Share (Devicename)". (it disappeared after a windows restart)
    Hi,

No problem for my touchpad but my pre3 is not visible on Win7 and the Preferences button is grayed out. No smb.conf file in the /opt/etc/samba directory.

But the "Homebrew JSJSJS $Framework$&$quot$; $application$ $is$ $already$ $installed$, $so$ $it$'$s$ $not$ $the$ $only$ $issue$.

Otherwise, it's a great, great application.
    Installed on my TP per OP, opened up my XP netbook and THERE IT WAS - FULLY OPERATIONAL!!!
    Works like a champ - and I watched the pc change as I opened up access to the other 2 "shares".

Now will add to my Pre2.

Holding off using on my (wife's) second TP until we get the abikty to change share names so I can distiguish which TP.

Fantastic app - thanks ever so much - will donate in a few minutes
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 03/02/2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: typo repair
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    IPKG Log Attempted OTA via Preware as well as quick install...any thoughts?

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 1494 100 1494 0 0 6334 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 55333
    identify
    com.shiftyaxel.easysamba
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":3 , "status":"FAILED_IPKG_INSTALL" }
    completed
    Nothing Interesting.
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    100 60404 100 60404 0 0 195k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 589k
    identify
    com.shiftyaxel.wifisharing
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":4, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":4 , "status":"FAILED_IPKG_INSTALL" }
    completed
    Nothing Interesting.
    begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    100 60404 100 60404 0 0 202k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 608k
    identify
    com.shiftyaxel.wifisharing
    install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":5, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"FAILED_IPKG_INSTALL" }
    completed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    Installed on my TP per OP, opened up my XP netbook and THERE IT WAS - FULLY OPERATIONAL!!!
    Works like a champ - and I watched the pc change as I opened up access to the other 2 "shares".

Now will add to my Pre2.

Holding off using on my (wife's) second TP until we get the abikty to change share names so I can distiguish which TP.

Fantastic app - thanks ever so much - will donate in a few minutes
    Ditto on my VZN Pre2

DONATION MADE
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    ShiftyAxel likes this.
    You can change names in the preferences. So go ahead and use on all devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    You can change names in the preferences. So go ahead and use on all devices.
    Yes, each device can have a unique name, but shared folders will have the same name on each device ("Public", "Internal", "Root"). Can be a bit confusing.
    I have noticed one problem. To get to cryptofs, you have to navigate from Root. This means that cryptofs adopts the size of Root, which is incorrect. I guess the solution will be to create a new share for cryptofs.
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast