Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
    Tried the install/remove routine several times and still no luck. The package appears to install but when I hit "launch" nothing happens. There is also no application listed in the launcher.

Here is the log:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    verify
    Nothing Interesting.
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 4846 100 4846 0 0 14214 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 102k
    identify
    com.shiftyaxel.easysamba
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":9, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":9 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":9 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":9 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":9 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":9 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op...le/Packages.gz
    Inflating http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op...le/Packages.gz
    Updated list of available packages in /opt/lib/ipkg/lists/cross
    Inflating http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op...le/Packages.gz
    Updated list of available packages in /opt/lib/ipkg/lists/native
    wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
    An error ocurred, return value: 1.
    Collected errors:
    ipkg_download: ERROR: Command failed with return value 1: `wget --passive-ftp -q -P /opt/ipkg-6Dqyc3 http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op...le/Packages.gz'
    Installing samba (3.2.15-5) to root...
    Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op...2.15-5_arm.ipk
    package samba suggests installing cups
    Configuring ncurses
    ln: /media/cryptofs/apps//opt/bin/clear: Operation not permitted
    postinst script returned status 1
    ERROR: ncurses.postinst returned 1
    Configuring psmisc
    ln: /media/cryptofs/apps//opt/bin/killall: Operation not permitted
    ln: /media/cryptofs/apps//opt/bin/pidof: Operation not permitted
    postinst script returned status 1
    ERROR: psmisc.postinst returned 1
    Configuring samba
    The original samba version 2 config (/etc/samba/smb.conf) is no longer
    working with this version of samba.
    Please create a new samba version 3 config (/opt/etc/samba/smb.conf).
    After verify your smb.conf file, modify and execute /opt/etc/init.d/S08samba
    to activate the samba version 3.
    Successfully terminated.
    completed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi
    Note http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/op...le/Packages.gz doesn't exist. There is no Packages.gz for the Pixi as far as I can see.
    Is anybody else having problems transferring large files over WiFi?

When attempting to transfer ~ 800MB .mp4 files, the transfer stops at around 300MB - 500MB leaving an incomplete file on the TouchPad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    Is anybody else having problems transferring large files over WiFi?

When attempting to transfer ~ 800MB .mp4 files, the transfer stops at around 300MB - 500MB leaving an incomplete file on the TouchPad.

yes! Every time I try to send over a mp4, it quits, but I don't recall at what point.

Mark
    Wifi sharing was working for me 2 days back, yesterday I re-doctored my phone and since then wifi sharing is not working.
    Anyone else having this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by mlinder1958 View Post
    yes! Every time I try to send over a mp4, it quits, but I don't recall at what point.

Mark
    <=620m MP4 OK
    other type no try
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    Wifi sharing was working for me 2 days back, yesterday I re-doctored my phone and since then wifi sharing is not working.
    Anyone else having this issue?
    Can someone help me with this??
  8.    #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobhill View Post
    What method are you using for your sharing, just out of interest? And device-to-device is certainly possible, it's just a matter of mounting the other device's network share. I'll consider it as a feature in a future release.
    Strange, I was under the impression that I was the one distributing this app. Is there an echo in here?

@devil.insulted Hmm, curious. Have you got Homebrew JSJSJS $Service$ $Framework$ &$amp$; $Easy$ $Samba$ $installed$ $too$?

@SoundSailor I'm afraid WFS doesn't work on the Pixi Plus, 1.4.5 doesn't support node.jsjsjs $services$ ($which$ $I$ $use$ $to$ $control$ $samba$) $and$ $it$ $just$ $wouldn$'$t$ $work$ $properly$ $on$ $2$.$1$ $when$ $I$ $tested$ $it$. $From$ $your$ $log$ $post$ $earlier$, $it$ $sounds$ $like$ $you$'$re$ $trying$ $to$ $launch$ $Easy$ $Samba$ $and$ $not$ $WFS$..?

Disclaimer:
    The transferring of the files etc. is handled by Samba, not WFS. WFS merely provides an easy way to control & configure Samba. If you're having file transfer issues, it's most likely a clash between your network environment and the smb.conf that WFS provides. You'll probably have more luck googling/asking about it on Linux forums than here.
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 06/18/2012 at 08:47 AM.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    BlueRQ likes this.
    yes and I even reinstalled the same, still no go.
    Is there a software using which I could do some screen capture and share with you?
  10.    #330  
    Is there a software using which I could do some screen capture and share with you?
    Hmm, so there's no icon you say? Have you restarted luna/your device since the install? There's a bug that sometimes stops the app from appearing in the launcher until Luna is restarted.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Hi!

yes, you can get screen captures, and you don't have to install anything...

on webOS phones Press... OPT+SYM+P
    the OPT key is the one with a color "Square" only... Like orange or white...

on the HP TouchPad press... Power+Home...
    you will see something like a flash...
    Don't press them too long or the device will restart...

in both cases you will hear a camera shoot sound...

the taken Pictures are stored in the USB Drive in the Screencaptures folder...

RQ
    webOS [[[ ]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    However, I do have a new issue.
    I cannot get a Pre2 to work with WiFi File sharing. The Pre2 shows up in 'Networks' in Windows Explorer, but I cannot actually access the device. All I get is an error stating that Windows cannot access the device as "THe network path is not found". On further troubleshooting via 'Windows Network Diagnostics' the problem reported is, 'Windows cannot find a computer or device named Pre". With all my other devices 'WiFi File Sharing' either worked or did not work, i.e. either the device would show up in windows or not show up at all, but if the device was visible in windows, then it worked fine. But with the Pre 2 the strange thing is that it shows up in windows explorer, but I cannot actually access the device. Any ideas on what could be wrong here?
    I finally figured out the problem why WiFi File sharing would not work with the Pre2. I have two wifi networks configured on my wifi router. One is a private network for family members and the other one is for guests. Apparently the Pre 2 would not work since it was logged into the Guest network, which only allows access to the internet and not to the home network. Now that this problem si resolved, now I just need to figure out why WiFi File Sharing won't work at all on two other TouchPads.

Updated count of devices on WiFi File Sharing: (All devices tested on the same router and with the same PC running Windows 7)

4 x 32GB TouchPads - 4 Working
    3 x 16GB TouchPads - 1 Working, 2 Failed
    6 x Pre3 - 6 Working
    1 x Veer - 1 Working
    2 x Pre2 - 2 Working
    Last edited by Sanjay; 06/21/2012 at 11:53 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Good you figured it out. I, and others, did mention earlier in this thread that the same network segment is needed for access.

Can you PING either of the other two from the PC? That is very important in determining network issues. Verify that they are connected to the same router as the PC, have the same subnet mask and can browse the web. Check for IP address conflicts - make sure they are set for auto (DHCP) instead of manual. Also access the router interface and take a look at your settings/restrictions for those two IPs or MAC addresses. Firewall and AP isolation settings also matter, but they should be ok as is because your other devices are working.

Check some of the earlier suggestions in the thread.
    Just tried to install WFS; after about 30 minutes it was obvious that the install wasn't going to complete, so I killed Preware. Tried to restart the Pre3, but that got stuck, too; finally had to pull the battery.

After restart, reopened Preware to see if WFS was listed as installed; it was not. Tried the install again--this time it ran about 5 seconds, then said that the install was successful. Tapping the Launch button didn't do anything, though, nor was there a new icon on my Launcher Favorites.

Decided at this point to attempt uninstall; it's been going for about 15 minutes now, so I'm pessimistic.

I had no problems installing WFS on my TouchPad, so I'm chalking this up as an anomaly, but I'm going to need some advice about how to manually uninstall the partial installation so that I can try a Preware install again.

Please advise me of where I need to look for installation files (to remove with Internalz). Thanks!

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
  15.    #335  
    I'll need a little more info first- the install of WFS itself shouldn't take very long because it's so small. I suspect that in this case, Easy Samba is the problem.

First, try restarting Luna. That's a common problem with WFS, it doesn't appear until after a restart. If it still doesn't show then, try removing Easy Samba through Preware, then WFS.

Also, make sure you're on a strong Wi-Fi connection during install.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I connect my W7 PC to the TP using WFS all the time and it works awesome. My only "issue" is that I want to be able to browse every single folder the TP has, but can't. While recently modding some of the notification sounds, I couldn't access /usr/share/systemsounds/ from the PC, so had to dump them into downloads from the PC, then use Internalz to copy them over to the sound folder. Should I be able to access every folder or is that a restriction of WFS?
    That's a restriction. You can access those files through linux command line. Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals I'm just not 100% about doing it through WiFi though.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    That's a restriction. You can access those files through linux command line. Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals I'm just not 100% about doing it through WiFi though.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll have to look into it. Still, would be nice if WFS could be used for unrestricted access if a user has root and developer modes enabled
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    I'll need a little more info first- the install of WFS itself shouldn't take very long because it's so small. I suspect that in this case, Easy Samba is the problem.

First, try restarting Luna. That's a common problem with WFS, it doesn't appear until after a restart. If it still doesn't show then, try removing Easy Samba through Preware, then WFS.

Also, make sure you're on a strong Wi-Fi connection during install.
    I tried both Luna and device restarts multiple times with multiple attempts at removing WFS, looking for the icon before attempting another removal. No joy each time. Finally gave up around 2 AM.

Just looked again, after a full night on the Touchstone. There's the icon. Removed WFS and Easy Samba, just to see what would happen. Both came right out. I'm baffled, but happy.

I'll reinstall WFS now, and just go on my merry way. Since I'm more of an engineer than a scientist, I can be content with knowing that it finally works, without losing sleep over why doing the same thing today worked, when it didn't work last night.

Thanks for the rapid reply!
    Last edited by bethel95; 07/22/2012 at 01:07 PM.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Shifty
    Awesome work. Have you found a way to install Samba back into mountain lion and if so could you point me somewhere? Found a few instructions on the internet but they were not clear.
    Your app worked well with snow leopard but apple changed something in mountain lion.