Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by W0153R View Post
    I wasn't talking to you Allen... dunno if you've read my post at all...
    Thats y its important to quote things.

@ jdod:
    as long as your router is secure (WPA2 encryption) you should be good. Limit your other logins to secure networks and quit the app immediately after file transfers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    My report card for WiFi File Sharing: (All devices tested on the same network and with the same PC running Windows 7)
    4 TouchPads - 2 Working and 2 Failed
    4 Pre3s - 4 Working
    1 Veer - 1 Working

Why would 'WiFi File Sharing' not work on two of the TouchPads? By the way, all the TouchPads have the same set of patches installed.
    I have been able to get the 2 TouchPads that would not work earlier to finally work with WiFi File sharing. I followed the following procedure to get them to work:
    Uninstalled WiFi File sharing -> uninstalled Easy Samba -> restarted the TouchPad -> Installed Easy Samba -> Installed WiFi File sharing -> restarted TouchPad.

However, I do have a new issue.
    I cannot get a Pre2 to work with WiFi File sharing. The Pre2 shows up in 'Networks' in Windows Explorer, but I cannot actually access the device. All I get is an error stating that Windows cannot access the device as "THe network path is not found". On further troubleshooting via 'Windows Network Diagnostics' the problem reported is, 'Windows cannot find a computer or device named Pre". With all my other devices 'WiFi File Sharing' either worked or did not work, i.e. either the device would show up in windows or not show up at all, but if the device was visible in windows, then it worked fine. But with the Pre 2 the strange thing is that it shows up in windows explorer, but I cannot actually access the device. Any ideas on what could be wrong here?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Its probably a network resource caching and or reporting issue. Try using its IP to connect to it.
  4.    #304  
    Yeah, I was going to suggest connecting via IP. I'll see what I can do about adding an IP readout to the next version of the app. Also, what name is your Pre2 using under Preferences? If it's using nonstandard chars (like PrPrPr$2$) $then$ $windows$ $might$ $throw$ $a$ $tantrum$. $Long$ $shot$, $but$ $worth$ $a$ $try$. $Have$ $you$ $tried$ $reinstalling$ $Easy$ $Samba$?

Sorry for my lack of presence once again- Uni work's ramping up atm.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Hi everybody!

@ShiftyAxel:

here's the missing Palm Pixi Backgound for the WiFi File Sharing app..

Palm Pixi Plus WiFi Off
    palm pixi plus wifi off by RQ v5 320.png - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

Palm Pixi Plus WiFi On
    palm pixi plus wifi on by RQ v5 320.png - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

and here's the large wifi on version....
    palm pixi plus wifi on by RQ v5.png - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

sorry for the big delay on this...

RQ
    I didn't get it working in my desktop Linux :-/
    The command nmbscan -a finds all other shares in our network, but Touchpad.
    I can see the Touchpad share in Win 7, though. So it does work.
    I have been able to get the 2 TouchPads that would not work earlier to finally work with WiFi File sharing. I followed the following procedure to get them to work:
    Uninstalled WiFi File sharing -> uninstalled Easy Samba -> restarted the TouchPad -> Installed Easy Samba -> Installed WiFi File sharing -> restarted TouchPad.

However, I do have a new issue.
    I cannot get a Pre2 to work with WiFi File sharing. The Pre2 shows up in 'Networks' in Windows Explorer, but I cannot actually access the device. All I get is an error stating that Windows cannot access the device as "THe network path is not found". On further troubleshooting via 'Windows Network Diagnostics' the problem reported is, 'Windows cannot find a computer or device named Pre". With all my other devices 'WiFi File Sharing' either worked or did not work, i.e. either the device would show up in windows or not show up at all, but if the device was visible in windows, then it worked fine. But with the Pre 2 the strange thing is that it shows up in windows explorer, but I cannot actually access the device. Any ideas on what could be wrong here?
    ive had this issue before on both windows vista and windows7, it ends up being service related, id end up having to turn back on anything even remotely network (or a service that says its a potential dependancy, or blah blah etc will cease to work properly etc blah) related in admin tools/services otherwise stupid *** stuff like what you mentioned happens, i get exactly the same on my touchpad/pre3/terastation nas's.

just check over whats in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\Services
  8.    #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesivany View Post
    I didn't get it working in my desktop Linux :-/
    The command nmbscan -a finds all other shares in our network, but Touchpad.
    I can see the Touchpad share in Win 7, though. So it does work.
    Try smbtree -N if it's available (comes with samba iirc). That's what I debugged the app with. Also could you try connecting via IP? The output from that should make it easier to diagnose.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    How does one use the IP to connect? Where do you check what is the IP of the device?

How does one use the IP to connect? Where do you check what is the IP of the device?
    the touchpads IP? its in settings/wifi, click the wifi name and the ip/subnet etc all list, failing that, most routers show the IP/name of a device somewhere in their admin pages/tools.
    Tried using the IP address to connect, but still no go. Got the following error:
    "The connection has timed out:
    The server at 192.168.1.18 is taking too long to respond."

Has anyone been able to get this to work on a Pre2. For me WiFi File Sharing has worked on 4 TouchPads, 4 Pre3s, 1 Veer, but it fails to work on both the Pre2s I have tried it on. As stated earlier, the Pre2 shows up in Windows Explorer, but clicking on it does not actually connect to the device.

It works fine on my Pre 2. I believe if you read the thread, there are others as well.
    ...first day with Preware etc...like the app but am only able to write to it after, as lasandunk suggested, writing into the WIndows address bar '\\TouchPad'...after which the 'Public' folder within the Touchpad can be written to.

Will continue reading and monitoring what would/could be a great app...and of course I may need to change some security settings on my router to get full functionality.

...will play some more.

=====

fixed by allowing browsing in preferences.

...doesn't work on my Pre-...didn't really expect it too.

=====

very nice work. Will fiddle some more and then donate if I use it even semi-regularly.
    Last edited by josephandrews222; 04/21/2012 at 06:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Excellent app! Works well on my TouchPad and VZ Pre+(webOS 2.1). The basic windows "drag and drop" file browser method suits me better than the "file sync" method of other programs. Can't do direct device to device transfers but at least I can open two windows on the pc and drag between them. Kudos!
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    I love this program although I hate that Windows doesn't like to locate the touchpad in the network browser, and I have to enter "\\TouchPad\" manually
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by namgod View Post
    Can't do direct device to device transfers but at least I can open two windows on the pc and drag between them. Kudos!
    I believe you can setup device-to-device transfers using this app and Network Drives (Enyo Network Drive Mapper).

eblade:
    once mounted, place a shortcut to the device on your desktop and just click on that in the future. Make sure the router keeps the IPs for a long time or reserve the IP solely for that device.
    It's not that big a deal, just annoying that Windows network share discovery sucks as bad as it does, even though it's been about 20 +years since Windows for Workgroups introduced it.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Sweet app...no complaints from me, and having wokring on both my Touchpad and Pre3.
    Recent update speaks about wifi icon lighting up...not sure I'm seeing that, as app screen is different from the screenshots show on page 1 of this thread......v minor gripe.

Excellent work, and look forward to checking the rest of your apps out.
    Thanks...
    really like this app, anything that lets me transfer files without a cable is a huge bonus in my book. This, along with the Enyo drive mapper are 2 apps I couldn't live without on my TP(s)
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
  20.    #320  
    Good to hear more people are still discovering my app uni work's been quite mental lately, so progress has been lacking. I'm currently rewriting the app in Enyo2, which isn't proving too difficult. The in-development version is here for those interested:
    https://github.com/ShiftyAxel/wifi-drive
    BlueRQ likes this.